Cutler Trade a Success

AZ54

It's hard to predict a Superbowl appearance much less a win but IMO Cutler taking us to the NFC championship game in his second season with us, especially with the talent level on our offense, means the trade was a success. When I get to work tomorrow I'll check in with the Broncos' fans to see how they feel about the deal and earning the #2 pick in the draft. I know there are other factors on their side but there are other factors on our side when you consider our Oline, young WR corps, etc. It hasn't been an easy path for Cutler but in Rd 2 of the NFC playoffs he put up 35 pts. That's pretty good. I'm sure even Tom Brady would admit how good it is, perhaps Peyton Manning too.

take it from a guy in the thick of it...Denver is still fine with the trade...the perception here is that he is a "whiner" and they don't want that type of guy...i guess mostly Denver fans are looking for someone to replace the spot in their hearts vacated by Elway when he left the game. I wore my old bears sweater to work today (retail) and most people had the "I hate that guy" attitude or responses and they want him to fail. They understand that he is still a pretty good quarterback but they are fine looking to the future because most think tebow is going to be a god. The last two years here with McDaniels has caused a lot more issues that have them looking past the trade....the trade was pretty much what started the dominos falling.

I have to say though, this is a Broncos town...they are great football fans and for the most part respectable people. I guess if that all went down with my future franchise QB would have some sour grapes too.

It's hard to predict a Superbowl appearance much less a win but IMO Cutler taking us to the NFC championship game in his second season with us, especially with the talent level on our offense, means the trade was a success. When I get to work tomorrow I'll check in with the Broncos' fans to see how they feel about the deal and earning the #2 pick in the draft. I know there are other factors on their side but there are other factors on our side when you consider our Oline, young WR corps, etc. It hasn't been an easy path for Cutler but in Rd 2 of the NFC playoffs he put up 35 pts. That's pretty good. I'm sure even Tom Brady would admit how good it is, perhaps Peyton Manning too.

I think it safe to say that getting Cutler, regardless of the cost, was a success. Especially for the Bears. You can throw in that Johnny Knox was gotten with the draft pick that the Bears gained in the trade then I really think that if it's not an overall success it's definitely a bargain success.

The key for Cutler's continued growth is getting comfortable with the offense he is running. I think he may have found the match he needs with Martz, especially with Martz being smart enough to make concessions of his own (running more) to help Cutler. Think about it, Cutler has essentially gone through three different Offensive schemes in the last four years. another year or two with this scheme, with the addition of some stud OL play, watch out.

As far as Denver goes, I'm sorry if I'm greedy but "oh well". They got a pretty decent QB in Orton and they chose McDaniels to screw things up there. Nothing I can do about it, nor Cutler for that matter. We benefited where the Broncos did not.

As was pointed out in earlier discussions and what it is about Cutler that people don't get; whether he's a whiner or aloof. All I know is our team is on the precipice of going to the Super Bowl and Cutler is our QB. Yep..sounds pretty successful to me.

Agreed...

And I love your picture at the bottom!

I think it safe to say that getting Cutler, regardless of the cost, was a success. Especially for the Bears. You can throw in that Johnny Knox was gotten with the draft pick that the Bears gained in the trade then I really think that if it's not an overall success it's definitely a bargain success.

The key for Cutler's continued growth is getting comfortable with the offense he is running. I think he may have found the match he needs with Martz, especially with Martz being smart enough to make concessions of his own (running more) to help Cutler. Think about it, Cutler has essentially gone through three different Offensive schemes in the last four years. another year or two with this scheme, with the addition of some stud OL play, watch out.

As far as Denver goes, I'm sorry if I'm greedy but "oh well". They got a pretty decent QB in Orton and they chose McDaniels to screw things up there. Nothing I can do about it, nor Cutler for that matter. We benefited where the Broncos did not.

As was pointed out in earlier discussions and what it is about Cutler that people don't get; whether he's a whiner or aloof. All I know is our team is on the precipice of going to the Super Bowl and Cutler is our QB. Yep..sounds pretty successful to me.

The trade was:

BEARS GET:

Knox

Cutler

BRONCOS GET:

Orton

Robert Ayers

Richard Quinn*

Seth Olsen*

Erik Decker#

Demaryius Thomas#

Tim Tebow@

@ 3rd round pick the Broncos received by trading the Bears 2010 1st combined with Miami's 2nd rounder (Marshall trade) and Denver's own 4th to get Baltimore's first.

* received by trading the Bears 2009 3rd rounder and Denver's own 3rd rounder.

# received by trading the Bears 2010 1st round pick.

Cutler: 13-5 since week 16 of 2009 with 33 pass TD's and 17 INT's. As of AFTER week 16: in his last 16 games, his QB rating was 7th best in football. Since the Bears bye (all of November and December), Cutler has a 96.9 rating on 3rd down and a 54.7% conversion rate, BEST in football. Cutler is only 1 of 2 QB's to have a 100+ rating vs the Jets this year, and the Jets had only given up 2 TD's of 20+ yards in 2010 into week 16; Cutler had 3 of 20+ in the 3rd quarter alone. In conclusion, before the Seahawks/Bears divisional game, Cutler had already gotten past the first week of the playoffs. Orton has never done that nor won a playoff game, which now Cutler has done.

Orton: 48% of his yards and 11 of his 17 TD's have come when Denver is down 17+ points. As of November 28, in 7 of 10 games, Denver's offense had 0 points in the 1st quarter. In 5 of 10 games, they had 7 or less points at halftime. In 8 of 10, they had 10 or less at halftime. Lastly, in 5 of 10, they had 2 TD's or less going into the 4th quarter. CAN YOU SAY "GARBAGE TIME!?" Also, Orton has 5 wins since week 6 of 2009 IIRC. Oh, and Orton will likely be on another team next year.