Desmond Clark

Alaskan Grizzly

Watching the game today and saw Clark sitting on the sideline. Noticed him sitting there before and wonder if anyone knows what has happened to him? I'm a fan as he used to be the "go-to" guy for a couple years and suddenly nothing. With listening to some here express their dissatisfaction with the acquisition of Manumanuluena surely Clark would seem to be better option. But I dunno...

Father time is what happened. He started dropping passes more frequently since last year and basically dropped off completely.

I think you're right. Wasn't sure if it was the proverbial "dog house" syndrome (that Aromashadu has found himself in) or what... He was pretty good and reliable. I hope the team can deliver him a ring before he has to hang it up.

Didn't he get hurt earlier this year?

Anyway...if you need to keep 2 TE's in to block every play because your line is weak, then a guy like Clark loses some of his usefulness.

Yeah, as I pointed out he would seem a better option than Manu. Manu can't seem to block and has what.. One catch to date? Clark is a pretty reliable "utility" player. Will catch most of what is thrown at him but not going to win any foot races or even blocking awards. Perhaps Martz has something up his sleeve??

Anyhow, at this point I'm glad to see he will be active to maybe get a shot. And if if I were a betting man me thinks Olsen and K. Davis are the future at TE.

Yeah, as I pointed out he would seem a better option than Manu. Manu can't seem to block and has what.. One catch to date? Clark is a pretty reliable "utility" player. Will catch most of what is thrown at him but not going to win any foot races or even blocking awards. Perhaps Martz has something up his sleeve??

Anyhow, at this point I'm glad to see he will be active to maybe get a shot. And if if I were a betting man me thinks Olsen and K. Davis are the future at TE.

Clark's been inactive because Manu's a better blocker, Olsen's a better receiver, and Kellen's a better special teams guy.

I was happy that he was active. Ii'm disappointed we didn't see him much today. I was looking for lots of double TE sets and short easy passes to the TE's. Never happened.