Did anyone else notice?

jason

I watched the game against the Seahawks again, and I noticed that there was a LOT of max protect. On a few plays the Bears had 6 or 7 guys in blocking a 4-man rush. Made me think of two things:

1) Did anyone else notice this?

2) Is this something that should be used repeatedly against the Packers?

I watched the game against the Seahawks again, and I noticed that there was a LOT of max protect. On a few plays the Bears had 6 or 7 guys in blocking a 4-man rush. Made me think of two things:

I think it should be used because IMO, it served 2 purposes. Opened up the running game and gave Cutler the protection to make plays down the field. What we need to ensure this week is putting a hat on Woodson. We can't let him disrupt or offense.

I noticed. It is something we'll have to use against the Cheese. However, it will be cat and mouse as Capers DB's are superior to Seattle's and won't mind as much. It's a situation where either team could make the other pay for using it. Hopefully, Martz outfoxes Capers, as that is what it will come down to.

I noted this in my post-game comments on my blog and those posted to the board. I expect they are keeping Dez Clark active this week so that they can use an extra tight end in part to protect Cutler. They will almost certainly need it. You may have also noticed that when the Seahawks did blitz, they got very good pressure.

Tom S.