Cutler/Game Thoughts

Daventry

I think you better read Kreutz's statement before you dis Cutler. He was surprised he came out of the locker room. He stated "Veteran center Olin Kreutz said he saw Cutler's knee shaking when he returned to the huddle after taking a hit to the outside of his leg and knew the quarterback was in trouble. He was surprised, actually, that Cutler stayed in the game and even more stunned when he came out for the third quarter.

"It was shaking right after he took the hit and walked back into the huddle," Kreutz said. "It was swinging. I knew that one of his ligaments probably went."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81dd...le=HP_headlines

And I cant beleive you guys, bunch of jerks ragging on a guy that took a beating all year. worst sack total in the league and played every game he could. The guy has reaptedly got back up and played after worse pressure then that and all you guys , every one of you said we need O line or Cutler will be in a Body bag. Well it happened, and you all jump on him with no hesitation, you all should be ashamed. Bunch of no good wanna be wrtiers and GM's.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you better read Kreutz's statement before you dis Cutler. He was surprised he came out of the locker room. He stated "Veteran center Olin Kreutz said he saw Cutler's knee shaking when he returned to the huddle after taking a hit to the outside of his leg and knew the quarterback was in trouble. He was surprised, actually, that Cutler stayed in the game and even more stunned when he came out for the third quarter.

"It was shaking right after he took the hit and walked back into the huddle," Kreutz said. "It was swinging. I knew that one of his ligaments probably went."

And I cant beleive you guys, bunch of jerks ragging on a guy that took a beating all year. worst sack total in the league and played every game he could. The guy has reaptedly got back up and played after worse pressure then that and all you guys , every one of you said we need O line or Cutler will be in a Body bag. Well it happened, and you all jump on him with no hesitation, you all should be ashamed. Bunch of no good wanna be wrtiers and GM's.

Voice of reason III. Thank you.

I am with you on this as well. Why the hell would Cutler take a beating all season and keep coming back for more only to quit in the NFC championship game? Cutler is not a baby nor a quitter. I look forward to watching Cutler and Rodger battle for the NFC north Div for next several years. Plain and simple the Bears were out played today and still almost found a way. Cutler is not the enemy nor the problem. In fact Jay overcame great adversity throughout the last two seasons and was a big part of the reason the Bears made it as far as they did. I think they may of overachieved this year and still frustrated they let this one slip away but I am not blaming number 6. I hate losing especially to a team that is far from perfect but this is ridiculous that fans and the media are questioning Jay's injury like this. Another point, Rothlisberger had a crappy game and luckily his team held on for the win as the Jets almost came back as well.

Doug & OB on the SCORE are saying he likely had a ligament tear and the Doctor's told him "no."

IMO Cutler's earned the benefit of the doubt. He takes a beating and gets back up . . . why would he quit in the biggest game he might ever play in?

During last year's season opener, I called Urlacher a pussy for going out with a broken finger. Turns out that was pretty damn serious. Urlacher don't miss much.

Unless I here differently, I'm giving Cutler the benefit of the doubt. Please don't start with the "We want Caleb!" bullshit.

Here is who we should be blaming: Blame the poor field conditions at Soldier Field. In fact, the team is doing a disservice to itself as it builds a team for speed then has them play in a sandbox painted green. The number 1 off season priority is to bring in that hybrid turf!!! I was about 10 years old when the '85 Bears won the Superbowl and think I recall Solider field having astro turf back then? Does anyone else remember if they played on the artificial surface back then?

This.

Peace :dabears

Oh, and Kyle Orton f***ing blows too, so don't give me any of that bulls***. If you don't like Cutler, his attitude, his "toughness", then keep your eye out for Orton this offseason when he'll be on another damn team because HE F***ING SUCKS. When he's playing for the Titans or Dolphins, you all can hitch your bandwagons on that f***ing train.

I've said this before, but it's silly to bash Orton to make ourselves feel better about Cutler. That trade is 2 years gone. Deal with it. Before getting injured in the Cards game (and I've read one source suggest the initial injury was actually 2 weeks prior to that), Orton was putting up one of the best season's in Denver history. At one point he had 10 out of 11 games with at least an 89 QB rating. He just plays like crap when he's hurt. It dropped him out of being a 1st round draft pick at Purdue, it lost him his job with the Bears, and it looks like the trifecta combo of his poor injured play at the end of this year, the "Denver sucks and we need scapegoats" thing, and that Tim Tebow is flabbergastingly popular without having done anything, indeed, may get him traded again (hopefully) because Denver is in rebuilding mode. He has however, improved every season in QB rating, yet again, and has even outperformed Cutler since the trade. He doesn't suck! Neither does Cutler! Cutler just doesn't care if you think he's not tough, so he didn't pretend to be in searing pain (my torn ACL didn't hurt that much either...I was gutted when I found out from the doctor because I never imagined it could have been that serious), but you saw how he played in the first quarter...did you people think adding an MCL tear was going to make things better? He had an off night against a great D. So did Rodgers, in the end. Quarterbacking is difficult.

I think we're scapegoating to only go off on Cutler. Todd Collins is paid to be better than that. Why did one of the most athletic MLBs in the history of football fall on a pick return after what was a "kicker quality" tackle effort from Rodgers? Why did Tim Jennings do stupid stuff like pass interfere on the one play where he had his man covered like glue? Did we really need to get cute with only a yard to go on that 3rd down run play near the end? And what would we have done in the SB anyway with Cutler injured? If Cutler didn't have a ligament injury then I probably take it all back, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. We bought the farm for Cutler, he's not going anywhere. He is NOT the type to respond well to negative reinforcement from the fans, so let's just support him and worry about the other personnel changes the Bears can make this offseason. We should probably worry if he'll even be available for the first half of next season since this injury happened so late.

Why is it that if people have a different opinion that they cannot express it without getting personal and engaging in name-calling and the like?

Newsflash-Everyone has a right to an opinion, no one has a right to call names and be derogatory. Want to know what a jerk is? An internet tough guy who calls names behind a keyboard.

This.

Peace :dabears

Nice to see "ADMIN" encouraging name-calling on the board....

Did you see the poll on the Tribune regarding Cutlers toughness? 50% of people did question his toughness and 19% were waiting for the MRI results. Also, the linky provided by Alaska mentions two other players questioning Cutler leaving the game.....I guess some of us here are not alone in our questions eh?

Agreed. I was posting yesterday on the game thread and could not believe the folks that jumped ship. Was it frustrating? Sure, but come on. Like Parkerbear said, Cutler took a beating al season, so he's going to quit NOW?!! Some fols just get caught up in the game and overlook reality.

I'm looking forward to next season with Cutler, Hanie and someone new at QB.

I'm wondering if Cutler wasn't hurt in practice this week. It seemed all of his throws were all are and no touch this game.

On one of the first 2 possessions of the game, Cutler took a 5 step drop and was on the ground within a second, the entire left side of his offensive line was blown up by a 3 man rush, and he had 2 Packers and 4 Bears on top of him. That was probably the hardest he went downt hat whole game. I wonder if that wasn't where his knee first popped, and he ran the first half on adrenaline. Kreutz did say his knee was shaking in the 2nd quarter.

Nice to see "ADMIN" encouraging name-calling on the board....

Did you see the poll on the Tribune regarding Cutlers toughness? 50% of people did question his toughness and 19% were waiting for the MRI results. Also, the linky provided by Alaska mentions two other players questioning Cutler leaving the game.....I guess some of us here are not alone in our questions eh?

Come on, quit playing the martyr role. You've been insinuating Cutler is a pussy since the game. His injury wasn't "apparent" enough for you. A couple of general pissed off comments here to the Cutler is soft crowd, none specifically directed at you might I add, and you keep talking about personal attacks. Define irony - Thin skinned message board poster complaining about some bad language while bashing the tougness of an NFL QB who gets bounced on weekly by 300+ pound linemen.

Oh and I'll pass on the lame Tribune poll filled with casual fans. This Board is filled with die hard Bear fans. Fans who watch every game. Fans who watch the game a 2nd time to look at certain plays. Fans who disect those plays like a coach. Fans who's Sunday's are literally ruined when the Bears lose. A poll on this board I would take as a better barometer than any trib poll. Cutler played like shit, but the toughness garbage is simply that...garbage.

Why is it that if people have a different opinion that they cannot express it without getting personal and engaging in name-calling and the like?

Newsflash-Everyone has a right to an opinion, no one has a right to call names and be derogatory. Want to know what a jerk is? An internet tough guy who calls names behind a keyboard.

Internet tough guy? LOL you crack me up, Your bailer on Cutler just like alll the people that develope an opinion on Body laguage, I sure like all the frueds out there trying to pitch thier crap. If Kruetz (probably one of the toughest people in football) said what he said, then you should keep your mouth shut, And Ill meeet anyone anywhere I dont need keyboard to hide behind.

For what it's worth, that link is horseshit.

Rivers played with the injury the game AFTER he injured it. But in the game he was injured, he left immediately after being injured, and, GASP!, walked off the field with a torn ACL!! How could he do that if it was torn!? :rolleyes: He was out the entire fourth quarter and Billy Volek came in.

Give the team a week to analyze the knee, time to evaluate risks and potential risks (can it be more torn than completely torn?), and he played.

The only way to compare the two injuries is if the Bears were playing in the Super Bowl. Which is a moot point.

Here's what I'm feeling.

1. The pain of this loss sucks.

2. We were in the NFC Championship, hosting, when not one person on the planet picked us to win more than 7 games.

3. We got better as the year went and that makes optimism run wild for 2011 or 12, CBA pending.

4. Cutler got us to where we were even when the line was sucking ass. Bottom line, give him time, he can be great.

5. His knee and the haters. The Score is reporting an MCL tear and they are determining the grade (severity) of the injury. I was pissed when he came out, but it's his knee and he knows his pain tolerance. NOT ONE OF US CAN SAY HOW BAD IT WAS!!!!

6. The 3rd and 3 end-around after a time out was ridiculous. Bad call. Horrible call. Martz should have his ass whooped for that one..then another for keeping Collins @ 2.

7. Hanie shows promise and look forward to him next season as the 2.

8. Knox needs to know what the hell is going on out there. Get it or go home.

9. For someone who is old and washed up, Urlacher is a f*ckin animal.

I am pissed that GB took our trophy on our field and I hope each and every Packer and Packer fan spotaneously combust during the Super Bowl.

We made it farther than anyone anticipated, even us. I wanted to win just as bad as everyone, and it sucks that we made it as far as we did, 2 wins away. I am still VERY PROUD of our guys for the fight they showed this year.

Come on, quit playing the martyr role. You've been insinuating Cutler is a pussy since the game. His injury wasn't "apparent" enough for you. A couple of general pissed off comments here to the Cutler is soft crowd, none specifically directed at you might I add, and you keep talking about personal attacks. Define irony - Thin skinned message board poster complaining about some bad language while bashing the tougness of an NFL QB who gets bounced on weekly by 300+ pound linemen.

Oh and I'll pass on the lame Tribune poll filled with casual fans. This Board is filled with die hard Bear fans. Fans who watch every game. Fans who watch the game a 2nd time to look at certain plays. Fans who disect those plays like a coach. Fans who's Sunday's are literally ruined when the Bears lose. A poll on this board I would take as a better barometer than any trib poll. Cutler played like shit, but the toughness garbage is simply that...garbage.

Questioning Cutler's injury is a different issue than making personal comments to other posters when they do not agree with you. BTW, several posters here have agreed that the situation is questionable as do other NFL players and columnists, check out the article on Yahoo.

I won't be replying any further to those who cannot communicate in an amiable way when someone is expressing a differing opinion to their own.

Questioning Cutler's injury is a different issue than making personal comments to other posters when they do not agree with you. BTW, several posters here have agreed that the situation is questionable as do other NFL players and columnists, check out the article on Yahoo.

I won't be replying any further to those who cannot communicate in an amiable way when someone is expressing a differing opinion to their own.

Question a torn MCL. What a bunch of idiots out there not realizing that Jay has done nothing but been tough his entire career.

Here's what I'm feeling.

2. We were in the NFC Championship, hosting, when not one person on the planet picked us to win more than 7 games.

3. We got better as the year went and that makes optimism run wild for 2011 or 12, CBA pending.

4. Cutler got us to where we were even when the line was sucking ass. Bottom line, give him time, he can be great.

5. His knee and the haters. The Score is reporting an MCL tear and they are determining the grade (severity) of the injury. I was pissed when he came out, but it's his knee and he knows his pain tolerance. NOT ONE OF US CAN SAY HOW BAD IT WAS!!!!

6. The 3rd and 3 end-around after a time out was ridiculous. Bad call. Horrible call. Martz should have his ass whooped for that one..then another for keeping Collins @ 2.

I am pissed that GB took our trophy on our field and I hope each and every Packer and Packer fan spotaneously combust during the Super Bowl.

We made it farther than anyone anticipated, even us. I wanted to win just as bad as everyone, and it sucks that we made it as far as we did, 2 wins away. I am still VERY PROUD of our guys for the fight they showed this year.

Absolutely agree, we went much further and played much better than I ever hoped in the beginning of the year. I feel very optimistic about next year with another year in the system for the O, hopefully an addition or two to the O Line and WR corps among others, and with the same coaching regimen in place to continue on the same program.

As far as Cutler goes, he definitely can be great and I hope that he did not leave the game prematurely. I hope he does not turn out to be the modern day Jeff George, great arm and talent but never accomplishing much due to attitude.

Absolutely agree, we went much further and played much better than I ever hoped in the beginning of the year. I feel very optimistic about next year with another year in the system for the O, hopefully an addition or two to the O Line and WR corps among others, and with the same coaching regimen in place to continue on the same program.

As far as Cutler goes, he definitely can be great and I hope that he did not leave the game prematurely. I hope he does not turn out to be the modern day Jeff George, great arm and talent but never accomplishing much due to attitude.

Leave the game prematurely with torn ACL. Are you kidding me?

TD ever try to plant and throw or turn with torn MCL? Can not do it, I know I had one. You have to have one to understand. Rivers is in entirely different situation then Cutler this year, Rivers is stand up QB, he stays in the pocket. Cutler had no pocket . If he stayed in with a torn MCL and no wheels to get out of stuff, he woulda been killed. Also Leftwich is not a mobile QB 2 different senarios.

TD ever try to plant and throw or turn with torn MCL? Can not do it, I know I had one. You have to have one to understand. Rivers is in entirely different situation then Cutler this year, Rivers is stand up QB, he stays in the pocket. Cutler had no pocket . If he stayed in with a torn MCL and no wheels to get out of stuff, he woulda been killed. Also Leftwich is not a mobile QB 2 different senarios.

Excellent Post Griz.

It's simple to me. He played after, he could have continued to play. Instead fighting to play in the biggest game of his career, he instead stood on the sideline. I really think he saw it as an out and took it. He had been horrible all game. I don't think he is mentally tough at all. He mopes when things aren't going his way. He wants out of Denver after when his ego got hurt. He plays bad, and doesn't want to keep playing after he gets hurt in a huge game. Crying doesn't help.

Leftwich and Rivers may be pocket passers, but Cutler isn't exactly Mike Vick. I'm glad he couldn't man up, he wasn't going to give the team a chance to win how he was playing.

I'm pretty much right there with you....

Here's what I'm feeling.

Simple for someone that has no idea of what that type injury does, Ever wonder why his passes were shgort? It was the MCL. Ever wonder why they were high, MCL. He would had 7 picks with that D if he stayed in. Then all you nay sayers would say he shoulda been out if he had MCL. The guy cant win.