Cutler/Game Thoughts

Daventry

Bears safety Chris Harris criticized the media storm surrounding Cutler.

"Watching ESPN. To all of u IDIOTS including current players questioning Jay's toughness n fans burning his jersey need to chill out," Harris tweeted Monday, and later added: "Its easy to talk (expletive) when you're at home on your coach with 2 good knees watching us play on your couch."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81de...P_headlines2col

Says it all

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple for someone that has no idea of what that type injury does, Ever wonder why his passes were shgort? It was the MCL. Ever wonder why they were high, MCL. He would had 7 picks with that D if he stayed in. Then all you nay sayers would say he shoulda been out if he had MCL. The guy cant win.

\

He must have got the MCL in the locker room then because he was off from word go....

TD ever try to plant and throw or turn with torn MCL? Can not do it, I know I had one. You have to have one to understand. Rivers is in entirely different situation then Cutler this year, Rivers is stand up QB, he stays in the pocket. Cutler had no pocket . If he stayed in with a torn MCL and no wheels to get out of stuff, he woulda been killed. Also Leftwich is not a mobile QB 2 different senarios.

EXACTLY. As I pointed out already, you have supported it. MCL tear = problems with planting and athleticism. Period.

What's more, the Rivers comparison is still BS. Rivers was gone when he hurt his knee. OUT.OF.THAT.GAME. He came back the next game and played. If the Bears had made the SB, I am pretty sure they would have given Cutler an awesome knee brace and some serious pain pills in order to compete.

I've said this before, but it's silly to bash Orton to make ourselves feel better about Cutler. That trade is 2 years gone. Deal with it. Before getting injured in the Cards game (and I've read one source suggest the initial injury was actually 2 weeks prior to that), Orton was putting up one of the best season's in Denver history. At one point he had 10 out of 11 games with at least an 89 QB rating. He just plays like crap when he's hurt. It dropped him out of being a 1st round draft pick at Purdue, it lost him his job with the Bears, and it looks like the trifecta combo of his poor injured play at the end of this year, the "Denver sucks and we need scapegoats" thing, and that Tim Tebow is flabbergastingly popular without having done anything, indeed, may get him traded again (hopefully) because Denver is in rebuilding mode. He has however, improved every season in QB rating, yet again, and has even outperformed Cutler since the trade. He doesn't suck! Neither does Cutler! Cutler just doesn't care if you think he's not tough, so he didn't pretend to be in searing pain (my torn ACL didn't hurt that much either...I was gutted when I found out from the doctor because I never imagined it could have been that serious), but you saw how he played in the first quarter...did you people think adding an MCL tear was going to make things better? He had an off night against a great D. So did Rodgers, in the end. Quarterbacking is difficult.

I think we're scapegoating to only go off on Cutler. Todd Collins is paid to be better than that. Why did one of the most athletic MLBs in the history of football fall on a pick return after what was a "kicker quality" tackle effort from Rodgers? Why did Tim Jennings do stupid stuff like pass interfere on the one play where he had his man covered like glue? Did we really need to get cute with only a yard to go on that 3rd down run play near the end? And what would we have done in the SB anyway with Cutler injured? If Cutler didn't have a ligament injury then I probably take it all back, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. We bought the farm for Cutler, he's not going anywhere. He is NOT the type to respond well to negative reinforcement from the fans, so let's just support him and worry about the other personnel changes the Bears can make this offseason. We should probably worry if he'll even be available for the first half of next season since this injury happened so late.

Your 2nd paragraph- I think we're in agreement and you read my post wrong. People need to get off the Cutler-hate train because, while he played like s*** in the 1st half, he WANTED to play in the 2nd half.

Your 1st paragraph- Kyle Orton sucks. In case you missed it, here's what I posted in the "Cutler trade a success" thread:

Orton: 48% of his yards and 11 of his 17 TD's have come when Denver is down 17+ points. As of November 28, in 7 of 10 games, Denver's offense had 0 points in the 1st quarter. In 5 of 10 games, they had 7 or less points at halftime. In 8 of 10, they had 10 or less at halftime. Lastly, in 5 of 10, they had 2 TD's or less going into the 4th quarter. CAN YOU SAY "GARBAGE TIME!?" Also, Orton has 5 wins since week 6 of 2009 IIRC. Oh, and Orton will likely be on another team next year.

(all as of November 28)

Orton: 48% of his yards and 11 of his 17 TD's have come when Denver is down 17+ points. As of November 28, in 7 of 10 games, Denver's offense had 0 points in the 1st quarter. In 5 of 10 games, they had 7 or less points at halftime. In 8 of 10, they had 10 or less at halftime. Lastly, in 5 of 10, they had 2 TD's or less going into the 4th quarter. CAN YOU SAY "GARBAGE TIME!?" Also, Orton has 5 wins since week 6 of 2009 IIRC. Oh, and Orton will likely be on another team next year.

(all as of November 28)

Orton doesn't suck. It's easy to mix and match stats. He's just no Rodgers or Manning. It's stupid to cut on Orton to defend Cutler. The Bears were 30th in offense this year and Cutler has thrown 42 picks over the last 2 years. How does Denver's failure on defense make Orton "suck" and Cutler good?

Orton doesn't suck. It's easy to mix and match stats. He's just no Rodgers or Manning. It's stupid to cut on Orton to defend Cutler. The Bears were 30th in offense this year and Cutler has thrown 42 picks over the last 2 years. How does Denver's failure on defense make Orton "suck" and Cutler good?

How does this stat- As of November 28, in 7 of 10 games, Denver's offense had 0 points in the 1st quarter. In 5 of 10 games, they had 7 or less points at halftime. In 8 of 10, they had 10 or less at halftime. Lastly, in 5 of 10, they had 2 TD's or less going into the 4th quarter.- have anything to do with Denver having a bad defense?

Because you said, "CAN YOU SAY "GARBAGE TIME!?"

You're are grabbing a random date, Nov. 28th and excluding others to make your argument? On the year the Broncos scored more points per game than the Bears.They had 3 more first downs per game and so on.

You're taking a team with a turd of a defense, to make a QB there look bad, compared to a team with an awesome defense with a turn of an offense.

Who cares if they had 2 TDs or less in half of 10 games going into the 4th quarter. The league median for the season is around 22 per game. It averages out.

Because you said, "CAN YOU SAY "GARBAGE TIME!?"

You're are grabbing a random date, Nov. 28th and excluding others to make your argument? On the year the Broncos scored more points per game than the Bears.They had 3 more first downs per game and so on.

You're taking a team with a turd of a defense, to make a QB there look bad, compared to a team with an awesome defense with a turn of an offense.

Who cares if they had 2 TDs or less in half of 10 games going into the 4th quarter. The league median for the season is around 22 per game. It averages out.

A random date? That's when I last kept up with his stats. Plus, he only played 1 more game after IIRC because Tebow played the last 3.

Yes, scoring more points than the Bears. When? Down 30 when the other team is in prevent? Impressive.