Window Closed?

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Do any of you think the window is closed? I do. Despite having a young offense, most of those young guys suck. Omiyale, Knox, Webb, and Hester all suck.

The defense is great, but by the time 2012 comes around (which is when the next season will be most likely) Urlacher, Peppers, Briggs, Idonije, Tillman, and C.Harris will all be TWO years old on top of their already advanced ages.

F*** MY LIFE

If the Bears don't attempt to upgrade themselves this offseason, then yes, that's the peak.

They should be in good cap space whenever a cap is reestablished, and they get a first round pick this year for the first time in 2 years. They "can" be back.

Part of the reason why they are relying on veterans who are getting up there is that they gave up their last 2 first rounders for Cutler. They haven't been able to go after anyone who could be a franchise level player in the first rounds.

The defense gets a year older and that has been the staple of our team for the last half decade so you worry about if they can keep it up. We need to start finding some young guys like the Packers have in Tramon Williams and Shields. Believe me, Tim Jennings is not your answer at corner back and Idonije is not it as a DE although statistically he had the best year of his career. Hopefully guys like DJ Moore and Henry Melton become Pro Bowlers next year or we can find another diamond in the rough in this years draft. If none of this happens, the Bears window is slowly closing. FA this year and next year will play a big part in how much longer this Bears team has a shot at winning a Superbowl.

Do any of you think the window is closed? I do.

Did you think it was closed when we won the Super Bowl? Hell no. We had one of the youngest teams in the league. Every year in the NFL, it seems like the previous year didn't matter. Look how fast Minny sunk.

Despite having a young offense, most of those young guys suck. Omiyale, Knox, Webb, and Hester all suck.

IMO, Omiyale's mediocre, Know is a nice slot WR and a big play threat, Hester's the best return man to ever play the game, and I have no idea what to think of Webb. With Webb, I'll trust Tice's judgement. Cutler, Olsen, Bennett, & Forte are all good and getting better. IMO, Chris Williams will be a damn good OG with time to learn the position. It's not all gloom and doom.

The defense is great, but by the time 2012 comes around (which is when the next season will be most likely)

I can't imagine they'll kill the golden goose. The TV money is unreal. ESPN pays 1 billion a year for MNF. When there's that kind of money at stake, you find a way to work things out.

Urlacher, Peppers, Briggs, Idonije, Tillman, and C.Harris will all be TWO years old on top of their already advanced ages.

True, but look how Pittsburgh keeps rolling with an old defense. Who knows?

F*** MY LIFE

The great thing about football is that it's a stupid escape. At the end of the day, it's just a stupid game. No more, no less. Earlier today I jokingly told my wife she'd better have her health insurance card handy, cause if the Bear's lost, I might have to beat her into a coma and she'd be going to the hospital. That was a stupid/bad joke on my part making light of an over-hyped situation. (part of my daily schtick at home is making stupid & outrageous comments)

The Bear's losing sucks for those of us who are devoted, but it's not good to take something like this too seriously.

After 2009, the Bears had 2 obvious needs. They needed help on both lines. They brought in Peppers on the D-Line, and shuffled around a little bit on the O-Line.

This year, they've solidified the D, at least on paper. If they spend some money on the O, they have room for it to get significantly better next eyar.

F*** MY LIFE

The great thing about football is that it's a stupid escape. At the end of the day, it's just a stupid game. No more, no less. Earlier today I jokingly told my wife she'd better have her health insurance card handy, cause if the Bear's lost, I might have to beat her into a coma and she'd be going to the hospital. That was a stupid/bad joke on my part making light of an over-hyped situation. (part of my daily schtick at home is making stupid & outrageous comments)

The Bear's losing sucks for those of us who are devoted, but it's not good to take something like this too seriously.

when alls said & done it's just a sillygame. I'll still have to get up tomorrow go to work& pay bills

No way is the window closed. This is the first year of a new offence, only the second year with Cutler, and we have lots of young guys waiting in the wings, ie LB Wilson and Roach, DE Melton, etc. We have no one I can think of ready to retire, and we finally will have a 1st round draft choice this year. We should be a better team next year, no doubt.

Well, first off I believe there will be football this year. I think the defense will be ok. The way they stepped up in the second half was inspiring. They still need some help with interior defensive lineman and could definitely use a stud FS and another corner.

They still desperately need a go to legit WR. Greg Olsen has been improving and has looked like he could potentially be a bailout target for Cutler but is still very inconsistent. They also still need offensive line help, most notably at LT.

GREAT ADVICE!

Do any of you think the window is closed? I do.

Did you think it was closed when we won the Super Bowl? Hell no. We had one of the youngest teams in the league. Every year in the NFL, it seems like the previous year didn't matter. Look how fast Minny sunk.

Despite having a young offense, most of those young guys suck. Omiyale, Knox, Webb, and Hester all suck.

IMO, Omiyale's mediocre, Know is a nice slot WR and a big play threat, Hester's the best return man to ever play the game, and I have no idea what to think of Webb. With Webb, I'll trust Tice's judgement. Cutler, Olsen, Bennett, & Forte are all good and getting better. IMO, Chris Williams will be a damn good OG with time to learn the position. It's not all gloom and doom.

The defense is great, but by the time 2012 comes around (which is when the next season will be most likely)

I can't imagine they'll kill the golden goose. The TV money is unreal. ESPN pays 1 billion a year for MNF. When there's that kind of money at stake, you find a way to work things out.

Urlacher, Peppers, Briggs, Idonije, Tillman, and C.Harris will all be TWO years old on top of their already advanced ages.

True, but look how Pittsburgh keeps rolling with an old defense. Who knows?

F*** MY LIFE