Larry Fitzgerald available for the right price

Bears4Ever_34

http://www.nesn.com/2011/01/sources-larry-...ight-price.html

Hellllooo? Don't know what they would be asking. I know the Lions got a 1st and 3rd out of Roy Williams so I think the bidding would start there. How about a 1st and Johnny Knox? This would be a dream come true if Larry Fitzgerald fell into our laps. Best WR in the game today.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tempting.

But I think V-Jack could be had for the same money w/o losing the pick or the player. We'll still have to pay Larry a boat load.

I will say this though, if JA had the stones to give our #1 and Johnny K for Larry, I can't say I'd be sorry.

He better damn well be trying to get some OL in FA and the draft though!

http://www.nesn.com/2011/01/sources-larry-...ight-price.html

Hellllooo? Don't know what they would be asking. I know the Lions got a 1st and 3rd out of Roy Williams so I think the bidding would start there. How about a 1st and Johnny Knox? This would be a dream come true if Larry Fitzgerald fell into our laps. Best WR in the game today.

If Arizona would do that I'd be all over it in a heartbeat. I'm not a Johnny Knox fan but he still has some value and one that Arizona might look to take back in a Larry Fitzgerald type of deal. From there the Bears still can draft OL in the 2nd and 3rd round and still be able to go after Mankins or that other lineman (Can't think of his name) in FA.

yeah. Giving a one for Fitz is not a bad thing. it's guaranteed production....

If Arizona would do that I'd be all over it in a heartbeat. I'm not a Johnny Knox fan but he still has some value and one that Arizona might look to take back in a Larry Fitzgerald type of deal. From there the Bears still can draft OL in the 2nd and 3rd round and still be able to go after Mankins or that other lineman (Can't think of his name) in FA.

And even if he did get it right, that pick would never add up to the level of impact that Fitzgerald would bring to this team anyways. This is a no brainer if you ask me.

I would trade our first (#29) and Knox for Fitzgerald. I am not sure if that will be enough.

Peace :dabears

I would trade our first (#29) and Knox for Fitzgerald. I am not sure if that will be enough.

Peace :dabears

If that's not enough, then I don't think you do the deal; there's not much else that the Bears could/should give up (Unless they really want Hanie). I wouldn't give up 2 first rounders for him, 1 first round pick out of 5 years just sounds like a mess; way to keep making the team older, and there's other WR who can be had for just money.

If that's not enough, then I don't think you do the deal; there's not much else that the Bears could/should give up (Unless they really want Hanie). I wouldn't give up 2 first rounders for him, 1 first round pick out of 5 years just sounds like a mess; way to keep making the team older, and there's other WR who can be had for just money.

There's no way in hell that's enough. For 2 reasons:

1. When there's a new CBA, the one thing that seems certain is there will be a rookie wage scale. Without having to spend 100 million, those top 10 picks will be golden. Previously, teams would have been happy with the #29 so they'd get a first round talent at a bargain price. Not anymore. Why would AZ settle for the #29?

2. What's Knox worth? He looks like he's 5-5, he's not a precise route runner, and he causes interceptions. In the NFC championsip game, the CB intercepts the pass, gets up and runs, and Knox is standing there with his arms held up. He has the ability to be a great slot WR. No more, no less. He ain't that valuable.

There's no way in hell that's enough. For 2 reasons:

1. When there's a new CBA, the one thing that seems certain is there will be a rookie wage scale. Without having to spend 100 million, those top 10 picks will be golden. Previously, teams would have been happy with the #29 so they'd get a first round talent at a bargain price. Not anymore. Why would AZ settle for the #29?

2. What's Knox worth? He looks like he's 5-5, he's not a precise route runner, and he causes interceptions. In the NFC championsip game, the CB intercepts the pass, gets up and runs, and Knox is standing there with his arms held up. He has the ability to be a great slot WR. No more, no less. He ain't that valuable.

IF that's not enough for him, then spend that pick on an O-lineman and go make Vincent Jackson or SIdney Rice an offer.

It might cost two 1sts or a 1st and 3rd plus Knox or something. I would heavily consider it, Idk if the Bears would. But it's worth looking in to. If the Bears can't get anything done then they need to go after Jackson or Sidney Rice.

While I agree with getting Fitz, VJack, Rice, or even Plax, none of these guys will be difference makers unless Cutler has time to get them the ball. But this is preaching to the choir because the world knows we need OLine help. Our $$$ needs to be spent on Mankins. Remember, it we get Fitz, we get his contract as well. With the exception of last year, we have been known to pinch the pennies when it comes to free agency. We would have to get an extension out of Fitz because his contract is only good until FA 2012 and I don't want to give a #1 pick and Knox or whatever for one season. That to me is not worth it unless we get that extension.

If they can afford his contract and not give up too much value in the draft, that would be a huge get for Chicago. Fitz is exactly the receiver Cutler needs - a downfield threat, but one who's completely dominant in jump-ball situations. A lot of those picks and incompletions would turn into receptions if we had Fitzgerald on board. That said, they'd have to make sure they had enough ammunition left to fix the offensive line, although it's possible they could still do it with a 2nd and some later picks.

Also, remember that Arizona's front office has asked for more than a player was worth in trade talks before - Jerry tried to land Boldin with the Bears' 2nd-rounder a couple of years ago, but the Cards wouldn't take less than a 1st. Then the next year they ended up trading him to Baltimore for what, a 3rd and a 4th? Unless they've learned from that episode, I wouldn't be surprised if they were asking for two 1sts for Fitz or something like that.

EDIT:

Just to chime in on what everybody else here is saying, I'm a big fan of Knox (despite his shortcomings) as a #2/deep threat kind of receiver, and I'd still trade him and a 1st for Fitz in a heartbeat. Fitz/Hester/Bennett is a great group of WRs, and they can pick somebody up late in the draft to be the #4.

While I agree with getting Fitz, VJack, Rice, or even Plax, none of these guys will be difference makers unless Cutler has time to get them the ball.

Oh yes they would! Especially with Fitzgerald. Think of how many coverage sacks this team gave up this year because nobody got open. Larry Fitzgerald is one of the best improvisers as far as breaking a route and getting open, in the game today. Just looking at his stats he had 90 catches this season. 90?!?! With those quarterbacks??? Yes we all know the offensive line is the main priority this season but if you have the opportunity to get a talent like Fitty, he's the guy you get over anybody else.

Oh yes they would! Especially with Fitzgerald. Think of how many coverage sacks this team gave up this year because nobody got open. Larry Fitzgerald is one of the best improvisers as far as breaking a route and getting open, in the game today. Just looking at his stats he had 90 catches this season. 90?!?! With those quarterbacks??? Yes we all know the offensive line is the main priority this season but if you have the opportunity to get a talent like Fitty, he's the guy you get over anybody else.

You're still not answering the actual question though...how much are you willing to give up for him?

Everyone would love him, obviously, and he'd help. Would you be willing to give up say, the next 2 first round draft picks for him, and at the same time not be able to add a FA offensive lineman, and thus have to take what's available in rounds 2 and later?

You're still not answering the actual question though...how much are you willing to give up for him?

Everyone would love him, obviously, and he'd help. Would you be willing to give up say, the next 2 first round draft picks for him, and at the same time not be able to add a FA offensive lineman, and thus have to take what's available in rounds 2 and later?

I thought I did a few posts above this one. But yeah I would give up a 1st, a 3rd, and Johnny Knox if it came down to it. As I said before, the impact of Larry Fitzgerald would be invaluable to the impact of any offensive lineman we pick up if any this offseason. If the price is two first rounders, I'd flinch at first but I probably would do that too. It's not like our pick is going to be in the low teens either and If I'm confident in my team I'd venture to say we should be right back in the hunt for the superbowl again next year.

I thought I did a few posts above this one. But yeah I would give up a 1st, a 3rd, and Johnny Knox if it came down to it. As I said before, the impact of Larry Fitzgerald would be invaluable to the impact of any offensive lineman we pick up if any this offseason. If the price is two first rounders, I'd flinch at first but I probably would do that too. It's not like our pick is going to be in the low teens either and If I'm confident in my team I'd venture to say we should be right back in the hunt for the superbowl again next year.

If that was the price, I'd pay it, but I'd imagine that the Cards would be looking for the Cutler-level deal.

I didn't even read the entire thread. I'm still against the idea. I think it's a horrible idea. He's great, but the Bears have MUCH more pressing needs than Fitz.

OT, OG, FS, DT. All of those positions need to be addressed before JA starts trading ANOTHER first round pick away.

If Cutler is getting sacked on 3-step drops, bombed on 5-step drops, and concussed on 7-step drops, when the hell does he have time to wait for Fitzgerald to improvise - which indicates a play that has gone beyond the original design - on his route?

You're thinking far too one-dimensionally. Yes, he had 90 catches. How many were because A] he was the only option or B] the Cardinals were losing and had to throw or C] the Cardinals running game sucked?

Last but not least, you do not get him "over anybody else." That's the same kind of fantasy football thinking that has made Dan Snyder a joke of an owner.