Who goes and who stays

Wesson44

Bears players contracts who will expire at the conclusion of the league year include Anthony Adams, Devin Aromashodu, Kahlil Bell, Josh Bullocks, Desmond Clark, Todd Collins, Rashied Davis, Corey Graham, Caleb Hanie, Brian Iwuh, Olin Kreutz, Danieal Manning, Brad Maynard, Nick Roach, Pisa Tinoisamoa, Edwin Williams, Rod Wilson and Garrett Wolfe. I think Todd Collins, Rod Wilson,Devin Aromashodu, Kahlil Bell, Josh Bullocks are gone

Bears players contracts who will expire at the conclusion of the league year include Anthony Adams, Devin Aromashodu, Kahlil Bell, Josh Bullocks, Desmond Clark, Todd Collins, Rashied Davis, Corey Graham, Caleb Hanie, Brian Iwuh, Olin Kreutz, Danieal Manning, Brad Maynard, Nick Roach, Pisa Tinoisamoa, Edwin Williams, Rod Wilson and Garrett Wolfe. I think Todd Collins, Rod Wilson,Devin Aromashodu, Kahlil Bell, Josh Bullocks are gone

Here's my list.

Must Keep

Kreutz - there's nobody on the roster to replace him, and he should have a year left. Re-sign him to a short-term deal with incentives.

Danieal Manning - Without him, depth at safety becomes a major problem (no pun intended.) Wright and Harris would be the starters, but the next guy up would be who? Steltz? Manning's young, pretty durable, at least average at SS, and a top-10 KR in the league. Hopefully he doesn't want a mega-deal and the Bears can get him for something close to his actual value.

Pisa Tinoisamoa - another short-term, incentive-laden deal, specifically one that protects the Bears in case of injuries. Pisa's a borderline-elite player when he's healthy, and he makes the LB corps that much more effective.

Anthony Adams - criminally underrated in the middle of the d-line. Adams isn't flashy, but he's consistent and steady. He's basically the player Dusty Dvoracek was supposed to be when we drafted him. Depth on the interior line is pretty suspect as-is, so losing Adams would really hurt.

Should Try to Keep

Rashied Davis - mostly for his special teams contributions. Also, he wasn't as terrible at WR this year as he has been in the past. I'm OK with having him rounding out the bottom of the WR depth chart, and he's definitely pretty good on ST.

Corey Graham - provides quality depth at CB, and is a beast on ST. Definitely should re-sign if possible.

Brian Iwuh - will be very cheap to retain, and can allow the Bears to let Roach walk, making it easier to retain Pisa.

Caleb Hanie - restricted free agent (unless the new CBA changes things) and should be pretty easy to keep. Knows the offense, and should have been our #2 QB all along. Is he the best backup in the league? Not by a long shot. But if you're down to your backup QB, things are pretty bad already.

Brad Maynard - had a down year this year, but is probably still an average punter. Keeping him would be nice for continuity, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we had to bring in a new leg, especially given our ST coaching staff.

Let Walk

Todd Collins - this guy is done. What a mistake, bringing him in this season.

Desmond Clark - I love 88, but it's clear that he's not going to get any playing time in Martz's offense. Should have another year or two left if he goes to some team that runs a WCO.

Devin Aromashodu - I was never a fan of this guy. He got over half his yards for the 2009 season in one game against Antoine Winfield, who was so hobbled that Aromashodu could basically run straight past him on go routes. Doesn't run great routes, doesn't work out of the slot (according to Martz) and only really offers size. If the Bears get a tall receiver in free agency or the draft, Aromashodu's completely expendable.

Garrett Wolfe - he's taking up a roster spot that could go to a legit short-yardage back, and he offers next to nothing on offense. Too small, too easy to tackle, and his quickness never made a difference against NFL defenders the way it did in college. His ST contributions are nice, but there are other guys who can do that and also be decent backups.