Some news to share

Connorbear

Not sure how many of you know I am now the lead sports reporter for The Woodstock Independent and the Harvard Main Line two local papers in McHenry County. I have been in the job since August of last year.

After the Packers beat the Bears and were headed to the Superbowl, once of our young stringers at the paper contacted the office and asked if he could try to get a press pass for the Superbowl to cover Bryan Bulaga from the Packers (Bulaga went to Marian Central in Woodstock). We told him yes, wished him luck, and thought there was no way he would get one.

Later that week, he called to say after 30 plus calls and several emails he had succeeded. His pass allowed him to go anywhere in the stadium other than the field. He conducted several interviews and took some great pictures.

I have attached the link to the paper with one of his articles plus have posted one of the pictures he took.

Peace :dabears

http://www.thewoodstockindependent.com/

IMG_3744.jpg

Sweet!

Not sure how many of you know I am now the lead sports reporter for The Woodstock Independent and the Harvard Main Line two local papers in McHenry County. I have been in the job since August of last year.

After the Packers beat the Bears and were headed to the Superbowl, once of our young stringers at the paper contacted the office and asked if he could try to get a press pass for the Superbowl to cover Bryan Bulaga from the Packers (Bulaga went to Marian Central in Woodstock). We told him yes, wished him luck, and thought there was no way he would get one.

Later that week, he called to say after 30 plus calls and several emails he had succeeded. His pass allowed him to go anywhere in the stadium other than the field. He conducted several interviews and took some great pictures.

I have attached the link to the paper with one of his articles plus have posted one of the pictures he took.

http://www.thewoodstockindependent.com/

Great article and happy for the player as well. Nice to see someone from home being that successful. Sorry he plays for the hated ones however, his accomplishments are impressive.

He grew up a Bears fan. I guess I would trade that for a ring and the millions. ;)