My updated mock 2/12/11

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Sign Carl Nicks.

NOTE: I don't have them taking an OG because: Carl Nicks is a stud and they improved once Garza came back.

I don't have them taking a bruising RB to compliment Forte because: Harvey Unga should get some time this year.

1. Benjamin Ijalana, OT/OG, Villanova

---I haven't been a fan of taking an OT this high as you all know. But this is perfect. I'm not sure whether Ijalana will be guard or tackle in the NFL. Omiyale and Webb are going to be given chances to succeed. Ijalana can wait for now as he gets used to the speed of the NFL and also what position fits him best.

2. Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia

---Tim Jennings has been a surprise, and Tillman has really played well. The only problem is- Jennings probably isn't the future and Tillman is aging. Dowling has had injury issues but is a STEAL here.

3. Sione Fua, NT, Stanford

---The Bears NEED help at DT. Tommie Harris? Anthony Adams? Please. Henry Melton has been a surprise but they need youth, skill, and it seems like Angelo and Smith stress DL every April.

4. Kris Durham, WR, Georgia

---A big WR (6'5, 220) who played well in the Texas vs Nation game, a game where Angelo finds at least 1 draft pick annually.

5. Jake Kirkpatrick, C, TCU

---I have no idea how Kreutz will handle this. I always say that Kreutz will keep receiving the benefit of the doubt from the organization; he will never be told to leave or retire. Until then, Kirkpatrick will probably be a bench player or play some at OG.

6. Trevis Turner, OT, Abilene Christian

---Angelo loves ACU players seemingly, and he's a HUGE body (6'7, 330) and a pure RT.

7. Raymond Webber, WR, Arkansas Pine Bluff

---Small school and 2 straight WR's?! What's the point?! This is the point--this guy might be the STEAL of the draft. He was an AP FCS All-American and was a Walter Payton Award Finalist. He led the NCAA with 101 catches and almost 130 ypg. Also, he's 6'2, 220.

Sign Carl Nicks.

NOTE: I don't have them taking an OG because: Carl Nicks is a stud and they improved once Garza came back.

I don't have them taking a bruising RB to compliment Forte because: Harvey Unga should get some time this year.

1. Benjamin Ijalana, OT/OG, Villanova

---I haven't been a fan of taking an OT this high as you all know. But this is perfect. I'm not sure whether Ijalana will be guard or tackle in the NFL. Omiyale and Webb are going to be given chances to succeed. Ijalana can wait for now as he gets used to the speed of the NFL and also what position fits him best.

2. Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia

---Tim Jennings has been a surprise, and Tillman has really played well. The only problem is- Jennings probably isn't the future and Tillman is aging. Dowling has had injury issues but is a STEAL here.

3. Sione Fua, NT, Stanford

---The Bears NEED help at DT. Tommie Harris? Anthony Adams? Please. Henry Melton has been a surprise but they need youth, skill, and it seems like Angelo and Smith stress DL every April.

4. Kris Durham, WR, Georgia

---A big WR (6'5, 220) who played well in the Texas vs Nation game, a game where Angelo finds at least 1 draft pick annually.

5. Jake Kirkpatrick, C, TCU

---I have no idea how Kreutz will handle this. I always say that Kreutz will keep receiving the benefit of the doubt from the organization; he will never be told to leave or retire. Until then, Kirkpatrick will probably be a bench player or play some at OG.

6. Trevis Turner, OT, Abilene Christian

---Angelo loves ACU players seemingly, and he's a HUGE body (6'7, 330) and a pure RT.

7. Raymond Webber, WR, Arkansas Pine Bluff

---Small school and 2 straight WR's?! What's the point?! This is the point--this guy might be the STEAL of the draft. He was an AP FCS All-American and was a Walter Payton Award Finalist. He led the NCAA with 101 catches and almost 130 ypg. Also, he's 6'2, 220.

If this is what happens I would be happy. Ive heard nothing but good things about Ijalana.

If JA takes a guy from division 1aa in the 1st round, he should have his nuts cut off. 3rd or 4 th yes, but this high is craziness. I'm not questioning the kid, but competition he went against. The only guy I can think of drafted that high from 1aa is Flacco

Vlad Ducasse and Jerome Simpson are both from 1-AA and were both drafted in the 2nd; same goes for Darren Sharper. But I think you're right: it'd be pretty unprecedented to spend a 1st-rounder on an o-lineman from a 1-AA program. Flacco got picked in the 1st because he plays one of the two highest-value positions and because he has some rare physical attributes. If Ijalana were some 6'8" 350-pound surefire left tackle prospect, it wouldn't be crazy to pick him in the first. As-is, though, Ijalana seems a lot like Ducasse: great physical attributes for a guard, pretty good for RT, probably can't play LT in the pros. Like Ducasse, I'd guess that the mid-2nd is probably as high as he'll go, even in a weak o-line class like this year's. CBS Draft's rankings are usually fairly accurate, and they've got him as a 2nd round pick (as a guard.)

I'd rather get a guy who's more polished and could start as a rookie. If Carimi, Pouncey, or Castonzo falls to #29, I'd pick any one of them over Ijalana.