Potential answer to safety concerns?

jason

I don't know about that. Even if he's available for 8 games next year, he'd be the best Safety on the Bears' roster for those 8 games.

8 games isn't worth it. We paid Mike Brown to stay on IR even though he was good for 4-5 games wasn't worth the contract. Unless there's a clause in his contract of a paid by game played it wouldn't be worth it.

We're going to need a 3rd CB. Chris Harris was pretty good overall this year but he's terrible in pass coverage. Majori Wright has potential, but he's young, unproven, and can't stay on the field. We're going to have to have a 3rd decent whether it's Sanders, Otogwe, or D Manning.

I can't see us drafting a safety high or spending big money on one. I have no idea what Sanders is worth at this point, but it appears that Otogwe is going to get paid.

C'mon. You know as well as I that he's going to get more than a close to minimum contract. He will get over paid by the Raiders or Redskins and perform averagely and steal a check based on his name and previous accomplishments.

I'd be flat-out stunned if any team guaranteed him a lot of money. When Mike Brown went to K.C., they signed him for a $900k base salary (in the old CBA, that money became guaranteed when he made the opening day roster).

We're going to need a 3rd CB. Chris Harris was pretty good overall this year but he's terrible in pass coverage. Majori Wright has potential, but he's young, unproven, and can't stay on the field. We're going to have to have a 3rd decent whether it's Sanders, Otogwe, or D Manning.

I can't see us drafting a safety high or spending big money on one. I have no idea what Sanders is worth at this point, but it appears that Otogwe is going to get paid.

Do you mean the Bears are going to need a 3rd CB or 3rd safety? Because you said CB but then listed the team's safeties.

If he signs for close to the minimum, and even if he's only available for 8 games, I still think he's worth it. That's 8 games of clutch plays, bone-jarring hits, and potential game-changing decisions that could be the difference between missing and making the playoffs.

If he signs for close to the minimum, and even if he's only available for 8 games, I still think he's worth it. That's 8 games of clutch plays, bone-jarring hits, and potential game-changing decisions that could be the difference between missing and making the playoffs.

I find it hilarious u guys are talking about getting 8 games out of him when he's only played in 9 games over the past 3 yrs combined. IMO I would be ok with close 2 league minimum with big $$ tied up in incentives based on stats and playing time

I find it hilarious u guys are talking about getting 8 games out of him when he's only played in 9 games over the past 3 yrs combined. IMO I would be ok with close 2 league minimum with big $$ tied up in incentives based on stats and playing time

Thank you Twig for being the voice of reason. He ain't worth it.

That's my exact point. I'm not talking about breaking the bank. I'm talking about getting a guy, taking a flyer on him, hoping that he's beyond the injuries and close to his former dominance, and inserting a bunch of incentives into the contract. Win-win for the Bears.

That's my exact point. I'm not talking about breaking the bank. I'm talking about getting a guy, taking a flyer on him, hoping that he's beyond the injuries and close to his former dominance, and inserting a bunch of incentives into the contract. Win-win for the Bears.

His pectoral is rumored to be degenerative where it attaches to the shoulder. Dude was a beast when healthy.

Usually I'd agree with you on this, but Sanders' durability problems are so bad that I wonder if he's even worth the roster spot. Odds are he'll be on IR by Week 3, and then they'll be trying to fill his spot with a practice squad guy instead of using it on a free agent or draft pick in the first place.

The last safety we brought in after some serious injuries ended up working for NFL Network...Adam Archuletta. I watched Arch all through college and loved his game, he was fearless going after the ball. He was the same in St Louis but after his back injury he was never the same.

Sanders had that same fearlessness and it's what made him great but he also paid the price for it. You have to wonder if he's even close to having the same mentality as a player. This is one of those things that a physical and a workout can not discover and there's no recent film on him.