Combine

bowlingtwig

It's just a sign of explosiveness moving forward. Maybe it translates into quickness off the snap, good for run blocking unless you are in a zone blocking scheme?

Yeah, broad jump is just supposed to measure balance and lower-body explosiveness. In general, I think the blocking/mirroring drills are probably more helpful for evaluating linemen than any of the pure workout numbers. I don't know about broad jump, but plenty of guys who are beasts on the bench press don't actually turn out to be good blockers.

Yeah, broad jump is just supposed to measure balance and lower-body explosiveness. In general, I think the blocking/mirroring drills are probably more helpful for evaluating linemen than any of the pure workout numbers. I don't know about broad jump, but plenty of guys who are beasts on the bench press don't actually turn out to be good blockers.

Thanks, I was thinking of punching/quick explosion the more and more I thought about just wasn't sure. thanks alot.

* USC’s Tyron Smith was up to 307 pounds from 285 and “carrying the weight well.” He had 29 reps bench pressing 225 pounds. But fluid on his knee forced him to shut things down. He should be OK for his pro day March 31.

* Colorado’s Nate Solder “displayed remarkable speed and explosiveness for a massive left tackle prospect. The 10-yard split is the most important part of the 40-yard dash when evaluating offensive linemen because it shows the initial burst and explosiveness that translates to their responsibilities in the trenches, and Solder had the top 10-yard split (1.62 seconds unofficial) among all offensive linemen and the fastest 40 (5.05) in the offensive tackle group.”

* BC’s Anthony Castonzo turned in an adequate 10-yard split (1.79 unofficial) while showing good flexibility and quick feet with his lateral slides.

An interesting aside on Solder: NFL Draft Scout’s analysis uses Houston’s Eric Winston as Solder’s NFL comparison.

Link