Find a Mock Draft...

jason

This is the worst one I've found, but I haven't done a ton of searching.

http://newnfldraft.com/

1st: WR - Baldwin, Pitt

2nd: DE - Romerus, Pitt

3rd: OT - DeChristopher, VT

4th: OLB - Robinson, Temple

I hate it. Big East, ACC, Atlantic-10. Yuck.

I dare you to find one worse!

A defensive end in the 2nd would be an AWFUL move. That's the one position on defense where Chicago's actually got kind of a logjam. Unless Melton kicks inside full-time, they have all the DEs they need. Even if he does move to tackle, they still only need a late-round developmental kind of guy.

Here's Walterfootball's mock...I don't hate it at first, but it gets worse as it goes on:

1: Mike Pouncey, G, Florida - off to a great start

2: Marvin Austin, DT, UNC - not a terrible pick, but Drake Nevis is still on the board here and doesn't come with Austin's character issues.

3: Kendric Burney, CB, UNC - umm, a 5'9" corner who ran a 4.71 in the 40? This guy is strictly a nickel/dime corner, and DJ Moore can do that better. According to Walterfootball's board, this pick could have been a free safety (Robert Sands or Deunta Williams,) a change-of-pace running back (Kendall Hunter or Delone Carter,) or a wide receiver (Niles Paul or Austin Pettis.)

4: Jarriel King, T/G, South Carolina - this guy is rated as a 7th round/UDFA type, but we're taking him in the 4th? He's raw and inconsistent on the field, has durability problems, plus he has a rap sheet for everything from trespassing to assault and battery. Pick could have been Colin McCarthy, the linebacker from Miami U.

5: Ronald Johnson, WR, USC - finally, a wide receiver. Only...this guy is 5'11", weighs under 190 pounds, and his best value is as a slot receiver/punt returner. This pick could have been Jalil Brown (the corner from Colorado) or Roy Helu, Jr.

6: Terrel McClain, DT, USF - like this pick, but I'd be real surprised if McClain falls this far.

I like getting Pouncey, but after that it gets bad. If you look at the rest of the Walterfootball mock, this draft could have gone:

1: Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida

2: Drake Nevis, DT, LSU

3: Austin Pettis, WR, Boise State

4: Colin McCarthy, LB, Miami

5: Jalil Brown, CB, Colorado

6: Terrel McClain, DT, USF

This is the worst one I've found, but I haven't done a ton of searching.

http://newnfldraft.com/

1st: WR - Baldwin, Pitt

2nd: DE - Romerus, Pitt

3rd: OT - DeChristopher, VT

4th: OLB - Robinson, Temple

I hate it. Big East, ACC, Atlantic-10. Yuck.

I dare you to find one worse!

Jason this dinosaur has one but I need help. First let me say that any mock beyond 3 rounds is totally speculation because you can't be sure if there will be compensatory picks which usually begin at the end of round 3. With all that being said I was on gbndraftreport.com and looked under the link projections and thats where I found the Bears in this mock taking 330 pound DT out of Baylor Phil Taylor and Ben Ijiliana OT out of Villanova in round 2.

I agree with you that that is a stupid mock because Romeus is recovering from surgery and I actually had him in my mock but it was late in day 3 in the 5th rd because he will need extensive rehab(See Corey Wooten).

Gabe Carimi RD 1

Ras I Dowling RD 2

Stepehen Schilling RD 3

Greg Little RD 4 (Pipe Dream)

Greg Romeus RD 5

John Clay Rd 7

Well well, Why am I not surprised at your hate of the draft Jason. I love the first pick. Must be nice to be knowledgeable about players. sigh

Sigh, indeed. That draft would be atrocious. But go ahead and stay on the high horse. I don't care if you know Baldwin personally. The dude put up mediocre stats against mediocre college talent, and got skull-drug against mid-level SEC talent (i.e. UK). The odds are against him doing anything special in the NFL. If he put up better stats against the inferior opposition, like say Randy Moss, or even another Pitt receiver such as Larry Fitzgerald, then that would be another story.

Besides, I would have hated it regardless of what WR they took in the first round. Starting with WR, DE, OT, OLB is a ridiculous approach to the Bears 2011 draft. A team's most glaring first and second flaws should be addressed before the third round. And make no mistake, the most glaring flaws are OT and OG.

Sigh, indeed. That draft would be atrocious. But go ahead and stay on the high horse. I don't care if you know Baldwin personally. The dude put up mediocre stats against mediocre college talent, and got skull-drug against mid-level SEC talent (i.e. UK). The odds are against him doing anything special in the NFL. If he put up better stats against the inferior opposition, like say Randy Moss, or even another Pitt receiver such as Larry Fitzgerald, then that would be another story.

Randy Moss played Played at marshall U dude. The Thundeing Herd played thier archrivals in Confrense USA and some out of Confrence like Marshall's biggest rivalries out of conference are with Ohio University, Miami University and West Virginia University, while East Carolina University and University of Central Florida have been the biggest rivals in Conference USA so far. So lets talk about Moss's Competition, He had None when playing at Marshall. Fitzgerald Faced much more Competition the Moss did in College. So lets get that straight. As for Fitzgerald his College career made him the 3rd pick of the draft, Why you may ask? His play in the competition he faced warranted that selection. He also had the Benefit of having a descent college QB in Rutherford. Where Baldwin had a rotation of QB's and the Trial he had where false charges were levied against him was heavy on his mind, But he still played through it. So you can not compare Moss's College with Fitzgerald or Baldwin. With the Lack of QB and Wanny coaching the team, it looked like running the ball was the only thing they did.

Besides, I would have hated it regardless of what WR they took in the first round. Starting with WR, DE, OT, OLB is a ridiculous approach to the Bears 2011 draft. A team's most glaring first and second flaws should be addressed before the third round. And make no mistake, the most glaring flaws are OT and OG.

Actually I say the interior line is more a need then the Tackle. Williams played pretty good when he had cohesive line play at Tackle. Puttin him at guard was just to get the 5 best players out there. As for the articles I read, Williams will be at tackle next year. So when it comes to draft you dont take guard in the first, Thats why I went skill player in the first. Also to make things clear I do not know him personaly (Bladwin), I just been following him in the news and what Mocks are saying about him. His Attitude problems I think stem form the false accusation put against him. I know it would it would put a sour taste in my mouth for sure.

Its fine that you hate it, Couuld care less, But you better be prepared to be disapointed, Because the more I hear the more I think it will be reciever, or a corner.

Randy Moss played Played at marshall U dude. The Thundeing Herd played thier archrivals in Confrense USA and some out of Confrence like Marshall's biggest rivalries out of conference are with Ohio University, Miami University and West Virginia University, while East Carolina University and University of Central Florida have been the biggest rivals in Conference USA so far. So lets talk about Moss's Competition, He had None when playing at Marshall. Fitzgerald Faced much more Competition the Moss did in College. So lets get that straight. As for Fitzgerald his College career made him the 3rd pick of the draft, Why you may ask? His play in the competition he faced warranted that selection. He also had the Benefit of having a descent college QB in Rutherford. Where Baldwin had a rotation of QB's and the Trial he had where false charges were levied against him was heavy on his mind, But he still played through it. So you can not compare Moss's College with Fitzgerald or Baldwin. With the Lack of QB and Wanny coaching the team, it looked like running the ball was the only thing they did.

Actually I say the interior line is more a need then the Tackle. Williams played pretty good when he had cohesive line play at Tackle. Puttin him at guard was just to get the 5 best players out there. As for the articles I read, Williams will be at tackle next year. So when it comes to draft you dont take guard in the first, Thats why I went skill player in the first. Also to make things clear I do not know him personaly (Bladwin), I just been following him in the news and what Mocks are saying about him. His Attitude problems I think stem form the false accusation put against him. I know it would it would put a sour taste in my mouth for sure.

Its fine that you hate it, Couuld care less, But you better be prepared to be disapointed, Because the more I hear the more I think it will be reciever, or a corner.

1. I used Marshall as an example because he came from a mid-major college and put up stats.

2. I agree about OG > OT.

3. If the Bears start off with a WR, I will be disappointed. So should any right-minded Bear Fan.

3a. If the Beats start off with a CB, then it's an even more incompetent decision than WR.