Potential Running Back available!

xvflutop

I know he is doing this for the money, but long term he'd be better off getting a job as a running back coach. He's already well known for the position he held the ball, a well known name in general, and could lead to better coaching opportunities in the future.

I know he is doing this for the money, but long term he'd be better off getting a job as a running back coach. He's already well known for the position he held the ball, a well known name in general, and could lead to better coaching opportunities in the future.

Yeah, this. I have to think he'd be able to land a job as a position coach either in the NFL or at the college level. That's probably safer money than trying to make a comeback at age 36. Most running backs' legs are shot when they're like 28...who's going to take a flyer on a guy who's closer to 40 than 30?

Apparently he was healthy when he retired. At this point he's had years off to rest his body. If I thought he had been taking care of himself like an athlete than I'd probably guess right now he's physically better off than many 30 year-old RBs who have taken 8 straight years of beatings...but since he's only doing it for the money, I doubt it, and that's the problem.

Damn news is freakin' slow if the only thread getting play is freaking Tiki Barber coming back for a cash grab!

This is as much interest to me as a "Raidbow Brite" marathon on the Disney channel... GI Joe, and I'd be interested! (At least I think I would, unless my memory of the show is significantly better than it actually is...)