Players vs Owners

fudgeripple2000

Owners

Reports that the owners have put enough money away to sustain them in the event the entire season is lost.

Players

State that it's obvious the owners were planning on locking out the players regardless. Mildly ironic that the players are judging the owners for the same thing the NFLPA advised the players to do during the season.

Owners

Reports that the players didn't even look at the final offer before decertification. Leading owners to believe decertification was in the plans all along.

Players

Drew Brees, "I think it was all a show, with no real intent to get a deal done, other than just to say they made a proposal that was no different than anything else that they proposed over the last couple years, couple months, couple weeks."

Players

Have contacted top 17 draft picks and advised them to boycott draft and not attend.

NFL

Has as always invited the top 15-20 picks and their families to the draft and as is customary payed their way. It is up to the player to decide if they are going to attend.

This last one is the funniest to me. If I am a top 20 draft pick and I have dreamed of having my family in the green room with me on draft day and getting that hat from the commisioner, then to have someone previously unconnected to me ask that I deprive me and my family on that one time opportunity, I would laugh at them. I think it exceptionally selfish for anyone to ask that of a player.

NFL

Has as always invited the top 15-20 picks and their families to the draft and as is customary payed their way. It is up to the player to decide if they are going to attend.

This last one is the funniest to me. If I am a top 20 draft pick and I have dreamed of having my family in the green room with me on draft day and getting that hat from the commisioner, then to have someone previously unconnected to me ask that I deprive me and my family on that one time opportunity, I would laugh at them. I think it exceptionally selfish for anyone to ask that of a player.

Agreed. I was already on the side of the owners, but this cements it. It strikes of nothing but childishness. It's the equivalent of taking your ball and going home because people won't play by your rules.

I still think both are to blame...

But damn if I can't get an image of Cartman from South Park out of my head going, "Screw you guys, I'm going home."

Children...pretulant spoiled children. All of them. Owners and players.

Agreed. I was already on the side of the owners, but this cements it. It strikes of nothing but childishness. It's the equivalent of taking your ball and going home because people won't play by your rules.

At least we can all agree on disliking Adrian Peterson.

AP: It's modern-day slavery, you know? People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money … the owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money. I understand that; these are business-minded people.

Have contacted top 17 draft picks and advised them to boycott draft and not attend.

NFL

Possibly/probably because of the negative publicity its received, the NFL players union has publicly stated that it will not encourage draftees to boycott the events in NYC, but it does suggest that the feel of the event may be different.

NFL

invited the top 15-20 picks?

wow, it seems cool.

but i don't know how does it work.

Ps3 accessories, Wii accessories, Xbox 360 accessories , ps3 controller