Great Blue Norths mock draft(a winner)

Stinger226

The website is run by a former scout and has alot of good info on it.

It picked the Bears first pick as Liuget/dt/Ill.

The second one was Franklin/OT/Miami. Is rising on draft boards, possible could start sometime his rookie year after Tice gets ahold of him.

The 3rd pick was Patrick/cb/Loiusville. Most drafts have him listed in the top 10 cb prospects, which probably would fit with a 3rd round pick.

The second one was Franklin/OT/Miami. Is rising on draft boards, possible could start sometime his rookie year after Tice gets ahold of him.

The 3rd pick was Patrick/cb/Loiusville. Most drafts have him listed in the top 10 cb prospects, which probably would fit with a 3rd round pick.

I could see that happening.

Thanks for that.

I'll add that I always enjoy going to nfldraftcountdown.com . . . they also have the Bear's taking Liuget. They go as far to explain that the o-line is a greater need, but within there mock, no offensive lineman is worthy of going this high.

I maintain that we'll pay a king's ransom for an o-linemen, draft one in rounds 2 or 3, and take a DT with our first pick.

Ted Phillips indicated the Bears have every intention of being active with free agents as soon as the lockout is resolved because he expects there to be a lot of FA available. No doubt some of that is us trying to keep our own playes but I get the feeling they not looking to make a big splash ala Peppers but we might be seeing a key group of several tier 2 type FAs joining the roster.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-like-star.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“I don’t see us, right now, just putting our resources into one high-profile player,” Phillips said. “But I do see our budget being set up where we can have an impact in free agency to fill some needs and to re-sign some of our players.”

Phillips and Angelo said there could be a larger than usual pool of free agents on the market.

“Normally in free agency, there are a handful of players,’’ Angelo said. ‘‘Then there are maybe two or three [players] that people are saying are special. And there will probably be a dozen paid like they’re special but they’re not really special, based on the value of their positions.’’

When you say tier 2 type FA's, I think of a guy like Robert Gallery who might be the best offensive guard available. He's going to be expensive, but he's no where near a signing like Julius Peppers. Offensive line is really the only position where I see us signing a player who will immediately start.

While Angelo talks about guys who are really special and getting paid, aren't most of these guys franchised already? I don't see Peyton Manning hitting the FA market.

Ted Phillips indicated the Bears have every intention of being active with free agents as soon as the lockout is resolved because he expects there to be a lot of FA available. No doubt some of that is us trying to keep our own playes but I get the feeling they not looking to make a big splash ala Peppers but we might be seeing a key group of several tier 2 type FAs joining the roster.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-like-star.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“I don’t see us, right now, just putting our resources into one high-profile player,” Phillips said. “But I do see our budget being set up where we can have an impact in free agency to fill some needs and to re-sign some of our players.”

Phillips and Angelo said there could be a larger than usual pool of free agents on the market.

“Normally in free agency, there are a handful of players,’’ Angelo said. ‘‘Then there are maybe two or three [players] that people are saying are special. And there will probably be a dozen paid like they’re special but they’re not really special, based on the value of their positions.’’