The trade down

Stinger226

Well since Jerry likes to do this, try this scenerio. :banghead

Denver trades there 2 2nd round picks to Chi for 29th and 3th round pick.

With the 36th pick the Bears pick Sherrod/LT/Miss S

With the 46th pick the Bears take Baldwin/WR/Pitt

With the 62nd pick the Bears select McClain/DT/SF

Denvers reasoning is with Elway taking over running the team, Already have stated franchize qb not on roster. Have had a private workout with Locker and starts his run as GM with a prospect he can sink his teeth into. With 2 1sts and 2 3rds, they fill there needs with a DT, QB, OLB and SS.

The Bears get players that might not be there in the 3rd.

With the 4th pick take Skine/CB/T-C

with the 5th pick they take Linnerholm/OC/Ore S

with the 6th pick they take Williams/OLB/SF.

Well since Jerry likes to do this, try this scenerio. :banghead

Denver trades there 2 2nd round picks to Chi for 29th and 3th round pick.

With the 36th pick the Bears pick Sherrod/LT/Miss S

With the 46th pick the Bears take Baldwin/WR/Pitt

With the 62nd pick the Bears select McClain/DT/SF

Denvers reasoning is with Elway taking over running the team, Already have stated franchize qb not on roster. Have had a private workout with Locker and starts his run as GM with a prospect he can sink his teeth into. With 2 1sts and 2 3rds, they fill there needs with a DT, QB, OLB and SS.

The Bears get players that might not be there in the 3rd.

With the 4th pick take Skine/CB/T-C

with the 5th pick they take Linnerholm/OC/Ore S

with the 6th pick they take Williams/OLB/SF.

I'd be happy with the trade down if we got two #2s. I'd be unhappy with the draft. WR is the third or fourth position of need, and I wouldn't like a WR that early...despite how much potential Baldwin has.

I'd be happy with that, but going by the standard draft pick value chart, it'd be really bad value for Denver. Chicago's #29 pick is worth 640 points and Chicago's #93 pick is worth 128. Denver's #36 pick is worth 540 points and their #46 pick is worth 440. So Denver would be losing 212 points of value in that trade - equivalent to a mid-3rd-round pick. The only way I could see that trade being acceptable to Denver is if Chicago threw in next year's 3rd-rounder and a 4th or 5th this year. Which I'd be fine with doing: having 3 picks in the 2nd round would be phenomenal draft position.

Here's another trade-down scenario, which (I think) works OK by the chart.

Arizona desperately needs a QB, but I don't think they'll want to take Newton or Gabbert at #5 overall, especially if Von Miller's still there. I could see them going for Miller with at #5, and then trading back into the end of the 1st to get Ryan Mallett or Christian Ponder. So here's my Bears-Cards trade-down scenario:

Chicago gives up: their 1st (#29 overall - 640 points), their 3rd (#93 overall - 128 points), and their 6th (#195 overall - 14.4 points.)

Arizona gives up: their 2nd (#38 overall - 520 points), their 3rd (#69 overall - 245 points) and their highest 6th (#171 overall - 24 points.)

Chicago's total value is 782.4 points, Arizona's is 780. The Bears don't add any extra picks, but moving down 9 spots from their 1st allows them to move up 24 spots from their 3rd. Now they have 3 picks in the top 70, and they can take:

2.38 - Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor

2.62 - Rodney Hudson, G/C, FSU

3.69 - Drake Nevis, DT, LSU

I'd be happy with that, but going by the standard draft pick value chart, it'd be really bad value for Denver. Chicago's #29 pick is worth 640 points and Chicago's #93 pick is worth 128. Denver's #36 pick is worth 540 points and their #46 pick is worth 440. So Denver would be losing 212 points of value in that trade - equivalent to a mid-3rd-round pick. The only way I could see that trade being acceptable to Denver is if Chicago threw in next year's 3rd-rounder and a 4th or 5th this year. Which I'd be fine with doing: having 3 picks in the 2nd round would be phenomenal draft position.

Here's another trade-down scenario, which (I think) works OK by the chart.

Arizona desperately needs a QB, but I don't think they'll want to take Newton or Gabbert at #5 overall, especially if Von Miller's still there. I could see them going for Miller with at #5, and then trading back into the end of the 1st to get Ryan Mallett or Christian Ponder. So here's my Bears-Cards trade-down scenario:

Chicago gives up: their 1st (#29 overall - 640 points), their 3rd (#93 overall - 128 points), and their 6th (#195 overall - 14.4 points.)

Arizona gives up: their 2nd (#38 overall - 520 points), their 3rd (#69 overall - 245 points) and their highest 6th (#171 overall - 24 points.)

Chicago's total value is 782.4 points, Arizona's is 780. The Bears don't add any extra picks, but moving down 9 spots from their 1st allows them to move up 24 spots from their 3rd. Now they have 3 picks in the top 70, and they can take:

2.38 - Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor

2.62 - Rodney Hudson, G/C, FSU

3.69 - Drake Nevis, DT, LSU

like your picks,just dont think nevis therein 3rd

like your picks,just dont think nevis therein 3rd

Yeah, that was a little bit hopeful on my part. It could possibly happen, given that he's pretty scheme-limited to a 3-tech in a Tampa 2 defense. Other 4-3 schemes, like Philly or New Orleans, might think he's too small to be a full-time player for them. Of the Tampa 2 teams, the Giants, Colts and Bucs seem pretty happy with their 3-techniques, but that still leaves Minnesota. Carolina could be in that mix, too, depending on whether Rivera wants to use a Tampa base or something else.

But you're right: if he were two inches taller and 20 pounds heavier he'd be in the late 1st-round conversation, and even as-is, he could definitely still go in the 2nd. If the Bears don't make any trades, I'd be happy with them using their 2nd on Nevis.