What positions we are looing at

Wesson44

Is it just me or does anyone else see a pattern to whom we bring in and at what position they play? Well we need help at OT, DT, LB,SS/FS, WR due to FA or not having the right players to start with. But looking at some of the draft sites and information cloumns I see that we are looking at, talking to or bring in/working out DB'S, LB'S,dt and OL. Makes you wonder if we need a big WR, at all

Is it just me or does anyone else see a pattern to whom we bring in and at what position they play? Well we need help at OT, DT, LB,SS/FS, WR due to FA or not having the right players to start with. But looking at some of the draft sites and information cloumns I see that we are looking at, talking to or bring in/working out DB'S, LB'S,dt and OL. Makes you wonder if we need a big WR, at all

I think after the first 2 wrs, there is a big dropoff, so maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick at wr. I would think we have options in FAengy if the right person isnt there for us in the draft. FAgency looks to me like the talk of Jenkins from GB, a OG, and a WR as there is several out there.

It seems like we've placed a heavy emphasis on bringing in DT's and OT's. I noticed a trend in recent years where we'll target a guy before the draft (like Hester & Forte) and draft them and other years we bring players in and don't draft them . . . in other words, who knows?

In my mind there's no doubt we need a WR, but it's of secondary importance. I'd love to see us draft a guy like Hankerson in round #2.

Heck, I'm convinced this year will be a repeat of 2004 when we drafted a defensive tackle with our first 2 picks. We go running to the podium if Liuget's available in round #1, and Terrell McClain might just be too good to pass up in round #2.

After that I'd say it's a literal crap shoot. I read one draft guide last year that listed Wooton as the #1 DE and had him going in the first round. Who would have thought he'd still be there in round #4? It's cliche', but you always take the best player available.

I've been saying it all along. We do not need a big WR. The WR position is not the problem. I think it's just a lot easier to be enamored with the idea of a stud WR than it is a stud player on the OL. No matter which WR the Bears add, if the OL is not addressed, the WR will not be a stud. This is nearly unequivocal. When Cutler was given ample time last year he carved secondaries apart. Unfortunately, he didn't get ample time all too often.

Again, WR is not a big need. Maybe 4th or 5th in the pecking order.

I've been saying it all along. We do not need a big WR. The WR position is not the problem. I think it's just a lot easier to be enamored with the idea of a stud WR than it is a stud player on the OL. No matter which WR the Bears add, if the OL is not addressed, the WR will not be a stud. This is nearly unequivocal. When Cutler was given ample time last year he carved secondaries apart. Unfortunately, he didn't get ample time all too often.

Again, WR is not a big need. Maybe 4th or 5th in the pecking order.

We do need a wr, but a DT and offensive line is much more important. I think another CB is in order and then a WR

A FA WR is likely to contribute more on offense than any rookie WR we could get. In fact it's reasonable to expect that no rookie WR would perform better than any of current WRs in Martz system, even if they might end up a better player years down the road.

OTOH an Oline rookie or two drafted early would likely perform better than what we had last year protecting Cutler as well as opening running lanes for Forte.

A FA WR is likely to contribute more on offense than any rookie WR we could get. In fact it's reasonable to expect that no rookie WR would perform better than any of current WRs in Martz system, even if they might end up a better player years down the road.

OTOH an Oline rookie or two drafted early would likely perform better than what we had last year protecting Cutler as well as opening running lanes for Forte.

Yeah, the Bears aren't in a position to get a rookie WR who could step right in. I'd still love to put together a trade for Vincent Jackson, once picks can be traded for players again (presumably after the draft, so they'd be 2012 picks.)

Regardless, the top two needs have to be o-line and three-technique DT, and the #3 need is probably o-line again. Doesn't leave much room to get an impact WR. Maybe they take a look at a late-round guy like Courtney Smith from South Alabama, I don't know.

...at least Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd will be in next year's draft. Blackmon could develop into an incredible receiver for a Mike Martz offense.