If the Bears had the #1 overall pick...

Ed Hochuli 3:16

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want them to choose?

• Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
    • Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
    • AJ Green, WR, Georgia

I do this every year, just for a little fun. If the Bears had the #1 pick this year, whether it was via trade or because of their play, who would you all want them to select?

**I didn't include Gabbert and Newton for obvious reasons, nor did I include any OT's because none are even worth a top 7 pick in this year's draft, and I doubt they'd ever take Von Miller (an OLB) with their current needs at #1.

Chose Dareus because he fits the biggest need with the top 5 talent. With a great Dline you average corners can play well and we'd have Peppers and Dareus. That's why Green would be my second choice but I just don't see him contributing as much to our Wins next year as Dareus would.

I do this every year, just for a little fun. If the Bears had the #1 pick this year, whether it was via trade or because of their play, who would you all want them to select?

**I didn't include Gabbert and Newton for obvious reasons, nor did I include any OT's because none are even worth a top 7 pick in this year's draft, and I doubt they'd ever take Von Miller (an OLB) with their current needs at #1.

I would take Green as will be a star, and can get a valved DT down the draft, as wont be getting a stud WR there.

First, I'm glad we don't have the #1 pick, and these aren't the selections. I saw where this was going before voting.

CB - Not as big of a need, and won't impact the game like a #1 should. Would be underutilized in the cover-2 anyway.

WR - Not as big of a need, and won't dominate like a #1 should. Would have to fight through a WR log-jam and produce for coaches who aren't fond of rookie WRs.

DT - Need, AND has a better chance of dominating like a #1 should. He'd start Day 1 and produce immediate results.

This is a no doubt slamdunk.