Schedule Predictions

jason

I'm just in shock Pompei didn't predict 16-0...

Given the exacts of the sched., here's what I'm thinking...

1. ATL at CHI - L (I may have had this as a win earlier, but I just don't really like us in primetime historically...)

2. CHI @ NO - L (We're on the road agasint a good team)

3. GB @ CHI - W (We should be up for this...I hope)

4. CAR @ CHI - W (CAR still is bad)

5. CHI @ DET - L (Another primetime game to worry about. If Stafford is still upright, they should pull out a win agasint us in their own place)

6. MIN @ CHI - W

7. CHI @ TB - W - (It's in London, so it's not really a true away game...)

8. bye

9. CHI @ PHI - L (Away evening game agasint a good team)

10. DET @ CHI - W

11. SD @ CHI - L (I just think SD will win it...Greg Marmalarde tends to always out-duel Cutler)

12. CHI @ OAK - W (Unless a fan jumps onto the field and stabs a Bears player, we should win this one)

13. KC @ CHI - W

14. CHI @ DEN - W

15. SEA @ CHI - W

16. CHI @ GB - L

17. CHI @ MIN - L (Damn the scheduling on this one...it's their one shot to kick us out of the playoffs, and they just might do it)

That gets us to 9-7

ATL- MadLith, this game isn't in primetime, IIRC. This should be a win. Atlanta is a good team but they showed a lot of holes in the playoffs. WIN

@NO- I fully expect this to be a 14 point loss, but nobody thought Chicago would win in Dallas in week 2 last year, either. LOSS

GB- Tough game, but I think the Bears sneak this one out. WIN

CAR- Do I need to explain? WIN

@DET- This will be a tough game. Detroit's first MNF game since 2001. Bears sneak one out here, as well. WIN

MIN- As long as the Vikings have nobody at QB, the Bears embarrass them on national TV. WIN

@TB- This will be a tough one along with the following week. Tampa beats the Bears with a late TD. LOSS

@PHI- The Bears handled Vick last year, but this one is in Philly at night. LOSS

DET- The Lions keep getting a tad better, but the Bears are superior. WIN

SD- In a battle of old rivals, Cutler and Rivers, Rivers' DEFENSE outplays the Bears D. LOSS

@OAK- Raiders have a good run game, but the Bears D is historically good vs the run. Bears edge this one out. WIN

KC- Just like Oakland, the Chiefs run the s*** out of the ball, but once again, the Bears stop the run. WIN

@DEN- Denver is awful. They can't stop the run, and their QB competition is the tallest midget contest. WIN

SEA- This should be a win based on relatively tough games surrounding it, but it might be a trap game with GB lurking. Anyways, Bears win a close one. WIN

@GB- I think the Pack will kill the Bears in this game, once again establishing they're the NFC's best...for now. LOSS

@MIN- The Vikings stink. WIN

Are any of these far-fetched? Yes, but are any out of the question? No. Remember, the Bears were a pretty damn good team last year, despite criticism at every position. With an improved OL, I don't see why 11-5 can't happen again.

ATL W I base this on how bad they looked their last game. Our line looked better as the season wore on so I give them this one.

NO L New Orleans is a tough team to predict against. but I have seen them play poorly against weaker teams.

GB W It's green bay and it's at home. I feel cutler will look to redeem himself on this one.

CAR W If they don't I will lose my mind.

DET W They surprised us last year on that first game. Not this time.

MIN W Too much turnover with little prep for an offseason

TB W They are still a weak team

PHI L If this an away game after london, that is just too much.

DET W By now Staffod will be hurt again.

SD L I am done thinking san diego is awesome with how bad they sucked last year.

OAK W I also wouldn't be surprised if we lost this one. Oakland is getting better

KC L They looked hungry and tough. Sometimes I didn't get that with the bears.

DEN W They just look to bad to win

SEA W With a year of tape to look at against them with their new coach the bears should be more prepared

GB L My kid gave me some green bay golf balls as a joke and I threw them over the fence. They didn't deserve to be touched by my clubs.

MIN W I still see them sucking and I think this is the season that AP looks more like he did in Oklahoma and be hurt.

I still see 11-5. The main problem we have Green Bay in our division and they will be returning so many injured players.

My bad! Thanks for clarifying! Then I'd say CHI over ATL. Giving us 10-6....

ATL- MadLith, this game isn't in primetime, IIRC. This should be a win. Atlanta is a good team but they showed a lot of holes in the playoffs. WIN

@NO- I fully expect this to be a 14 point loss, but nobody thought Chicago would win in Dallas in week 2 last year, either. LOSS

GB- Tough game, but I think the Bears sneak this one out. WIN

CAR- Do I need to explain? WIN

@DET- This will be a tough game. Detroit's first MNF game since 2001. Bears sneak one out here, as well. WIN

MIN- As long as the Vikings have nobody at QB, the Bears embarrass them on national TV. WIN

@TB- This will be a tough one along with the following week. Tampa beats the Bears with a late TD. LOSS

@PHI- The Bears handled Vick last year, but this one is in Philly at night. LOSS

DET- The Lions keep getting a tad better, but the Bears are superior. WIN

SD- In a battle of old rivals, Cutler and Rivers, Rivers' DEFENSE outplays the Bears D. LOSS

@OAK- Raiders have a good run game, but the Bears D is historically good vs the run. Bears edge this one out. WIN

KC- Just like Oakland, the Chiefs run the s*** out of the ball, but once again, the Bears stop the run. WIN

@DEN- Denver is awful. They can't stop the run, and their QB competition is the tallest midget contest. WIN

SEA- This should be a win based on relatively tough games surrounding it, but it might be a trap game with GB lurking. Anyways, Bears win a close one. WIN

@GB- I think the Pack will kill the Bears in this game, once again establishing they're the NFC's best...for now. LOSS

@MIN- The Vikings stink. WIN

Are any of these far-fetched? Yes, but are any out of the question? No. Remember, the Bears were a pretty damn good team last year, despite criticism at every position. With an improved OL, I don't see why 11-5 can't happen again.

To me the schedule looks tough...

ATL W - I watched them beat the Bears last time. They could do it again. But they don't have homefield.

NO L - New Orleans is just a better team in my opinion.

GB W - Home vs. GB, win.

CAR W - Carolina sucks.

DET W - This game scares me. I know it's Detroit, but this is a MNF game. The Bears are atrocious on MNF.

MIN W - I don't think MIN will be nearly as good this year.

TB L - Let down game because 1) London, 2) The Bears will be looking ahead to the bye

PHI L - MNF vs. Philly, after London, this could be an ass whoopin

DET W - Still Detroit, and in Chicago

SD L - SD had the best offense and defense last year according to stats. Theire ST is horrible. But the new rules minimize the Bears' advantage

OAK L - Long flight, rowdy crowd, improved team that can run with aggression. Lot of speed.

KC L - Same formual as with Oakland, but they also have Bowe.

DEN W - I see Cutler ripping their asses apart

SEA W - I'm continually unimpressed by them, but I think Lynch could give the Bears' D problems.

GB L - Away vs. GB, loss.

MIN W - MIN will be out of the playoff hunt, and the Bears will be fighting to get in or improve position