King predicts Sherrod...

madlithuanian

I'm not vested in this past years' college players. I know virtually nothing. So, I'm kind of deferring to all the folks here to scout for me! And it does sounds like Sherrod would work. :P

The only time I really felt knowedgable was when I was clamoring for Derrick Johnson, Rashard Mendenhall and James Laurinaitis! Tells you how limited my college knowedge is. No rhyme intended...

You're not sure? Really? :D

I was mocking the fact you aren't sure King's opinion is worth much, it's not. I value your opinion far more than King's.

I like what Don Pompei is reporting (link below) about the rush for QBs late in Rd 1 and that it could mean a good Oline prospect falls to the Bears. I can see that happening because there are so many teams in the top 15 of the draft that really need a good QB prospect but with Newton and Gabbert the only players worthy of top 10 picks (even that is debatable) teams will pass on them early to grab a better talent and then the hunt is on to grab the best of the second tier QBs.

Knowing this the Bears should not commit to a trade down early, and JA admitted this is what appears to be happening. They must wait and see who falls to them before making any decision. JA seems to agree with this strategy but you know he gets antsy on draft day until he gets his trade-down completed.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...,4698802.column

Gotcha! I appreciate that! (Although I have been known to be a huge blowhard on occassion myself!)

Honestly, there's too much that can happen given where we are drafting, that I'm just not putting a lot of energy into the possibilities. (Not to mention I'm just not that on top of this years' draft prospects.) I just hope we address either line with a starter off our first pick. Then grab some more OL to increase the talent pool. The rest is pretty much gravy.

I was mocking the fact you aren't sure King's opinion is worth much, it's not. I value your opinion far more than King's.

I like what Don Pompei is reporting (link below) about the rush for QBs late in Rd 1 and that it could mean a good Oline prospect falls to the Bears. I can see that happening because there are so many teams in the top 15 of the draft that really need a good QB prospect but with Newton and Gabbert the only players worthy of top 10 picks (even that is debatable) teams will pass on them early to grab a better talent and then the hunt is on to grab the best of the second tier QBs.

Knowing this the Bears should not commit to a trade down early, and JA admitted this is what appears to be happening. They must wait and see who falls to them before making any decision. JA seems to agree with this strategy but you know he gets antsy on draft day until he gets his trade-down completed.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...,4698802.column