Hope you''ll be here on draft day

bradjock

I hope to see all of you in the chat room & message board on draft days. This site has been extremely slow and I'm sure the lock-out is responsible. Regardless, I love the draft. Since the notorious Cedric Benson draft, I annually take an "Al Bundy Vacation" sy this time. This is where I tell my family not to speak to me. I bunker down in the garage in front of the TV's and the lap-top and immerse myself in the draft, while enjoying copious amounts of Bud Light.

While the dates are readily listed, I had trouble finding the start times for the draft each day. Based on Chicago time:

Thursday, April 28--7:00

Friday, April 29--5:00

Saturday, April 30--11:00

Can't wait!

I hope to see all of you in the chat room & message board on draft days. This site has been extremely slow and I'm sure the lock-out is responsible. Regardless, I love the draft. Since the notorious Cedric Benson draft, I annually take an "Al Bundy Vacation" sy this time. This is where I tell my family not to speak to me. I bunker down in the garage in front of the TV's and the lap-top and immerse myself in the draft, while enjoying copious amounts of Bud Light.

While the dates are readily listed, I had trouble finding the start times for the draft each day. Based on Chicago time:

Can't wait!

We have some guys that do some pretty good research on this board as far as the draft goes. Its good for us that are swamped at work and just have time to check in 5 or 10 minutes a day. Hopefully those guys will be able to chat while the draft is going on.

I usually look forward to the draft & pop in & out of the chat but the move to thurday & friday nights means I'll be in work for those days :(

lol, I know, I liked it better on Saturday and Sunday. I was able to relax on the couch the whole time. I, too, will be working on Thursday and Friday. Sux.

I usually look forward to the draft & pop in & out of the chat but the move to thurday & friday nights means I'll be in work for those days :(

Same here, I'm off this thursday but, by the time the Bears draft, I'll be at a sports bar with my friends for our weekly thursday night out.

First draft I'll miss with you guys in years.

Same here, I'm off this thursday but, by the time the Bears draft, I'll be at a sports bar with my friends for our weekly thursday night out.

First draft I'll miss with you guys in years.

Why do I get the feeling it will be 3 hours into the draft, Goodell comes up with the #29 pick in his hand and says, "We have a trade . . . "

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't make a pick Thursday.

Why do I get the feeling it will be 3 hours into the draft, Goodell comes up with the #29 pick in his hand and says, "We have a trade . . . "

It doesn't surprise you because it's a move that would potentially piss off a lot of Bears' fans, and the drafting habits over the last several years have done just that.

Unless there is a serious run on OTs, then we shouldn't hear those words.

lol The curse of winning so many games. Sometimes its better to get that value of another pick instead of forcing something.

It will be interesting at that juncture because I have heard that plenty of teams in that region will be looking to trade out, so perhaps some of the players we are interested will fall down to us.

I hope we dont reach, that pisses me off more than trading down.

I'll be trying to hit up the board...

It'll depend where I watch it...

Can't wait!

lol The curse of winning so many games. Sometimes its better to get that value of another pick instead of forcing something.

It will be interesting at that juncture because I have heard that plenty of teams in that region will be looking to trade out, so perhaps some of the players we are interested will fall down to us.

I hope we dont reach, that pisses me off more than trading down.

Agreed. Can you believe there's all this buzz about quarterbacks flying off the boards? For better or for worse, it's nice we have our franchise guy.

This could really help the Bears if as many as 5 quarterbacks go in round #1. Hell, PFT has a report that the Titans might take Andy Dalton at #8. That means somebody is going to fall. It also helps the draft is deep with d-linemen and o-linemen, the two positions the Bears are most desperate for.

I maintain that if a top player falls, like Corey Luiget, Pouncey, or Carimi, we jump all over them. If we're depating between Marvin Austin & Derek Sherrod, we look to trade down.