who should go and who stays

Wesson44

I was looking at our rosterand came across with the notion that we have alot of beef but little talent. So with that being said out of the 10 players listed on the roster who would you keep and who will you give the pink slip too?

Johan Asiata 6'4 300 (G)

Robetro Garza 6'2 310 (G)

Levi Horn 6'7 315 (T)

Herman Johnson 6'7 360 (G)

Olin Kreutz 6'2 292 ©

Lance Louis 6'3 305 (G)

Frank Omiyale 6'4 315 (T)

J'Marcus Webb 6'8 335 (T)

Chris Williams 6'6 315 (T)

Edwin Williams 6'3 313(G/C)

I was looking at our rosterand came across with the notion that we have alot of beef but little talent. So with that being said out of the 10 players listed on the roster who would you keep and who will you give the pink slip too?

Johan Asiata 6'4 300 (G)

Levi Horn 6'7 315 (T)

Olin Kreutz 6'2 292 ©

Lance Louis 6'3 305 (G)

I think we will draft maybe two OL, and one in FA. So If C. Williams doesnt show any improvement, dumb his ass, we could use that money somewhere else. I think the OL will have 2 new guys and Webb, Kreutz and Garza. If Garza cant cut it, I would say Louis gets another chance.

I'd preface that by saying I still want to know, if Martz wants finesse guys and Tice wants beef. Who wins? That being said, those who stay:

Kreutz--I want to see him retire as a Bear

Garza--I hope he has one more year left

Chris Williams--Remember when Tom Thayer declared he was the best LT in the NFC North? How/when did he lose his job? He'll be back.

J'Marcus Webb--I'm skeptical, but we ain't cutting him

Omiyale--it depends on how much we owe him but I like him off the bench

Cut the rest. That doesn't include practice squad, or if a guy shows improvement. We'll sign a starter and draft two.

Johan Asiata 6'4 300 (G)

Levi Horn 6'7 315 (T)

Olin Kreutz 6'2 292 ©

Lance Louis 6'3 305 (G)

I'm personally tired of storing these undrafted FAs or busts on other teams on our roster. Asiata, Johnson, Horn, and Edwin Williams can all walk as far as I'm concerned and can take Lance Louis with them. Keep one if you want, but I want NFL players. Kreutz is obviously staying, though I pray this is his last year. Garza is a fringe starter/passable backup, which is at least useful. Webb showed me enough to keep around. I'm fine with Williams starting somewhere (guard or LT) if we upgrade elsewhere. Omiyale can stay or go.

If it's me, I draft a starter at T/G within the first two picks, draft someone who can push for a job in the next three, and sign a FA starter. For instance, sign OG Marshal Yanda, draft Orlando Franklin, OT/OG, Miami in the second round, and David Arkin, OG, Missouri State in the middle rounds.

I'm personally tired of storing these undrafted FAs or busts on other teams on our roster.

While I agree, we don't even have other teams busts. All our guys weren't supposed to be good to begin with.

Asiata, Johnson, Horn, and Edwin Williams can all walk as far as I'm concerned and can take Lance Louis with them.

We've been very careful about keeping Lance Louis protected so we must like his potential. The other guys all spent time on the practice squad. That being said, Louis sqandered a golden opportunity to win the job. If he can't make it as a guard, why not groom him to replace Manumaleuna?

If it's me, I draft a starter at T/G within the first two picks, draft someone who can push for a job in the next three, and sign a FA starter. For instance, sign OG Marshal Yanda, draft Orlando Franklin, OT/OG, Miami in the second round, and David Arkin, OG, Missouri State in the middle rounds.

Agreed.

I pretty much agree with your assessment.

I'd preface that by saying I still want to know, if Martz wants finesse guys and Tice wants beef. Who wins? That being said, those who stay:

Chris Williams--Remember when Tom Thayer declared he was the best LT in the NFC North? How/when did he lose his job? He'll be back.

Cut the rest. That doesn't include practice squad, or if a guy shows improvement. We'll sign a starter and draft two.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Give Kreutz a one-year deal (or a two-year that the team can drop after one) and let him play one more season before he retires. Same goes for Garza, although ideally he'd be a swing backup in 2011. I like Webb's potential, especially given how quickly he improved as a 7th-round rookie. Williams, I think, has very limited upside, but he's proven that he can play LT at a good-enough level. With a great LG next to him, I think he could hold down the job on the left side. As for Omiyale - like you said, I like him as a backup. I'd still be praying that Williams doesn't get hurt (again) but Omiyale is better than most teams' benchwarmers.

I'd cut Louis, Asiata, and Edwin Williams. They all got their shots at a starting job, and they all blew. If any of them were any good, they'd have shown it by now. Levi Horn, who knows? If he wants to hang out on the practice squad, that's fine.

As for Herman Johnson, I have to admit that I'd keep him. He was a bulldozer against some solid SEC defensive lines, and even in the NFL you don't see dudes that size very often. I like him as a project at RG. I mean, the guy's the size of Leonard Davis: I say get a veteran to play right now, and let Tice coach Johnson up for a year. If he doesn't pan out, it's not like he was a big investment. If he does, he could play RG in 2012, and one of our other interior o-line could switch to center when Kreutz retires.

So yeah, I think my ideal line would go:

LT: Chris Williams

LG: Mike Pouncey

OC: Kreutz (for a year)

RG: Marshal Yanda (fits Angelo's tackles-who-can-play-guard thing)

RT: J'Marcus Webb

Omiyale (off the bench)

Garza (ditto)

Johnson (developmental RG, probably game-day inactive at first)