Mock with 1 day to go

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

1-29: Derrick Sherrod - OT Miss State

Can start right away

Alt - Wilkerson DE Temple. Probably gone but i think best DL

2-62: Marvin Austin - DL

Cant see the guy who hasnt played in a year going before this pick. If we go DL in 1st we get Ijana here

3-93: Greg Little - WR UNC

The big guy and #1 we need. I personally love Hankerson but think hell be gone in 2nd

Alt - Niles Paul - WR nebraska

4-127: Quan Sturdivant - LB UNc

Great football player who "lacks" measurables

I didnt want to ignore Cornerback; however i think our secondary is much better than advertised. Its the middle of our Dline that sucks. Wooten and Peppers are cornerstones and we need a killer at the underneath spot.

one other thing..... If our Lines werent such shit this year. I really love Martez Wilson LB from Illinois in the 2nd. Could start at any LB spot and learn from two elite LBs

alt

I wouldn't mind Sherrod, and he'd be a good pick. But, I disagree with Austin. He's good enough to be picked in the 1st round. Don't think a guy can be taken higher than 62 after sitting out for a season? Robert Quinn won't last past 15.

As for Little, the Bears might want to take a guy in this draft with some character. Little and Austin might find each other in trouble in a huge, fun city like Chicago, especially being former teammates and all. I'd much rather have Tandon Doss or Niles Paul here, or like you mentioned, Leonard Hankerson if he falls (doubtful).

Guest TerraTor

i dont disagree....but in all honesty lll trade character for talent. Dont care so much about Marvin Austin...just a thought. As for Little, our WR corps is a joke

1-29: Derrick Sherrod - OT Miss State

Can start right away

Alt - Wilkerson DE Temple. Probably gone but i think best DL

2-62: Marvin Austin - DL

Cant see the guy who hasnt played in a year going before this pick. If we go DL in 1st we get Ijana here

3-93: Greg Little - WR UNC

The big guy and #1 we need. I personally love Hankerson but think hell be gone in 2nd

Alt - Niles Paul - WR nebraska

4-127: Quan Sturdivant - LB UNc

Great football player who "lacks" measurables

I didnt want to ignore Cornerback; however i think our secondary is much better than advertised. Its the middle of our Dline that sucks. Wooten and Peppers are cornerstones and we need a killer at the underneath spot.

one other thing..... If our Lines werent such shit this year. I really love Martez Wilson LB from Illinois in the 2nd. Could start at any LB spot and learn from two elite LBs

so are you a NC alumni?

alt

Heres my shot at prosperity.

1st-Danny Watkins/OG/Baylor A day one starter and someone you can build your future with.

2nd-Drake Nevis/DT/LSU A perfect fit for our defense, in rotation at begining of season.

3rd-Buster Skine/CB/Tenn-Chat A good valve here with potenial to start in a couple of years.

4th-Doug Hogue/LB/Syr Potenial down the road and immediate ST contributer

5th-/Linnerhohl/OC/Ore state Kreutz replacement in another year

6th-Enderle/QB/Idaho Someone for Martz to play with.

Wooten will go down in history! The Chicago Bear that finally broke Favre! (Yeah, but not sure about cornerstone....)

I like Austin and Little, but I'd prefer 1 of the 2, not both. JA always gets 1 guy with issues it seems. Plus, Tandon Doss has arguably the best hands in this draft.

And BTW, when you said Wooton is a cornerstone...that was a joke, yeah?

Wooten will go down in history! The Chicago Bear that finally broke Favre! (Yeah, but not sure about cornerstone....)

Yeah, agree. I'll remember him for ending that a**hole's career.

Perhaps he meant Melton. While I don't think either Wooton or Melton are cornerstones, I believe Melton will be the better of the two in 3 years.

Heres my shot at prosperity.

1st-Danny Watkins/OG/Baylor A day one starter and someone you can build your future with.

2nd-Drake Nevis/DT/LSU A perfect fit for our defense, in rotation at begining of season.

3rd-Buster Skine/CB/Tenn-Chat A good valve here with potenial to start in a couple of years.

4th-Doug Hogue/LB/Syr Potenial down the road and immediate ST contributer

5th-/Linnerhohl/OC/Ore state Kreutz replacement in another year

6th-Enderle/QB/Idaho Someone for Martz to play with.

I'm not sure you can build your future with a 27 year old guard.

I think Watkins can be very good, don't get me wrong. Mike Mayock compared him to Logan Mankins. However, I'd rather wait until the 2nd round for him. Every year, there's going to be OG's taken high, and when the draft comes, the 2nd best OG is still there in the 3rd.

For example, does anyone remember Duke Robinson from Oklahoma 1 or 2 years ago? Everyone had the Bears taking him with their 1st rounder, and the guy lasted until round 6.

Yeah, agree. I'll remember him for ending that a**hole's career.

Perhaps he meant Melton. While I don't think either Wooton or Melton are cornerstones, I believe Melton will be the better of the two in 3 years.

Seriously, how awesome is it that his first NFL sack knocked Favre into retirement?

I think I'd call Wootton a future cornerstone, or at least a building block. I think he's got a lot of potential as a base DE type of player: solid against the run, provides an average pass rush across from your main pass-rusher, maybe subs out for a nickel DE or kicks inside on 3rd and long. I could definitely see him as our starting LE in a year or two...basically, I see him taking over Idonije's job. It's easy to forget, since Izzy just now had his breakout year, but he's going to turn 31 this season. I like the idea of having a young guy on deck with a similar skillset.

As for Melton, I'm really interested to see what he does, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. If he makes the transition from college RB to DE to disruptive three-technique, it'll be pretty unprecedented. I'll be happy if it works out, but I think he could definitely end up as an Anthony Hargrove type: a specialty pass-rushing DT who only plays inside and only on nickel downs. That's not bad return on a 4th-round pick or whatever Melton was, so I don't think it'll be the end of the world if he doesn't transform into the next Tommie Harris.

I'm not sure you can build your future with a 27 year old guard.

I think Watkins can be very good, don't get me wrong. Mike Mayock compared him to Logan Mankins. However, I'd rather wait until the 2nd round for him. Every year, there's going to be OG's taken high, and when the draft comes, the 2nd best OG is still there in the 3rd.

For example, does anyone remember Duke Robinson from Oklahoma 1 or 2 years ago? Everyone had the Bears taking him with their 1st rounder, and the guy lasted until round 6.

Watkins will start from day one, I will take 6 or 7 years from a good player than somebody sitting for 3 years and then be average. He will never make it to our 2 nd round pick.