Should the Bears lose their 4th Round Pick?

dawhizz

The Ravens have called the league to appeal, saying a deal was done and JA just didn't call it in. It's easy to say no harm no foul, but if it was us and we had a deal to get an extra 4th that another team failed to call in, I'd be mad.

It'll be interesting to see if the league does anything about it.

After further review, I don't see how this is different than what the Ravens did the Vikings in 2003. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...kings_draft_ap/

F 'em. Give them a slice of cheese with their whine.

(Agreed on the Bi-queens...turnaround is fair play.)

The Ravens have called the league to appeal, saying a deal was done and JA just didn't call it in. It's easy to say no harm no foul, but if it was us and we had a deal to get an extra 4th that another team failed to call in, I'd be mad.

It'll be interesting to see if the league does anything about it.

After further review, I don't see how this is different than what the Ravens did the Vikings in 2003. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...kings_draft_ap/

BINGO!

A couple years back the Ravens did the same thing to the Vikings and here is the quote from the Ravens GM:

"The deal was not consummated," general manager Ozzie Newsome said at Baltimore's headquarters. "A deal is not a deal until I talk to Joel Bussert, and I never talked to Joel Bussert."

No because no deal was done. The Ravens still had their pick although they put it in late and the Bears still had to pick at 29. If the league opens the door on this one you will see all sorts of issues where one team says another was going to trade and didn't complete the paperwork correcctly, or in time, and now we want their draft pick. How do you stop it?