Bowers at #62 ???

Guest TerraTor

Little probably goes before the Bears pick. However, I'd be able to get behind Bowers at 62. The thing is, doctors have said there is a good shot he doesn't do anything in the NFL due to injury concerns and that is a pretty serious medical red flag.

I also wouldn't be shocked if Bowers is there. Austin and some of the other guys we've thrown out, highly unlikely. But I'd rather take a character red flag on our dline than a medical red flag so if both Austin and Bowers are there, I'm taking Austin. I say that because there isn't a dline coach I'd rather work with a character red flag than Mr. Marinelli.

I thought for sure the Vikings would take him at #43 . . . hell, I thought they'd take him @ #12.

He ain't going to be around much longer.

The thing is, the teams that are passing on him, are passing on him for the same reason so if they don't think he can play, they wouldn't take him at 10 or 40. Eventually some team isn't going to be as concerned and say, screw it, but its just hard to potentially throw away a draft pick, when your medical people are telling you there is a better than not chance that medical problems prevent him from ever being the same player.

And it isn't like is upside is a 15 sack end. He's probably a 7 to 9 sack good all around end. Which is fantastic and next to Peppers would be phenomenal but I think of him as a little better version of Alex Brown. Great to have, yes, but if Austin is on the board who is a first round talent and healthy, I'm going with Austin. However, I won't gripe if we get Bowers in rnd 2. But if he ends up never being able to play, I guarantee a ton of Bears fans will say, what was Angelo doing, he should have known.