WTF

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor
Overreact much? I can't even consider your comments to be worthwhile when you are posting completely irrational crap.

Over reacted... But god awful pick... at worst it means we wont see D Manning ever again so thats a plus

You always have to remind yourself that pundit's ratings boards are not God-given truth. Public concensus is better than a shot in the dark, but it only gets you maybe halfway to the truth...which is the same thing as saying half of public consensus is dead wrong. Also keep in mind that probably only a third of third rounders will ever amount to anything anyway. Statistically, whoever you wanted so badly would have probably been mediocre anyway. I forget about the last couple of years, but JA has had a history of success with mid-rounders, which means "too bad we don't have a 4th", but it also means that he might have seen something important in this kid that he'll be right about.

Well that's what happens during the draft. People want the guys they think are best. We got nobody I really wanted, therefore I'm upset.

Bit the question is: Did the bears draft thier immediate needs?

Carimi is the best tackle we could have gotten at the position we were in.

Paea was the last of the 3 techniques left on the board and just so happened with a great motor and strength uinsurpassed in this class.

Conte was labled by many as the 3 rd best safetie this year. With mucho upside because of one year playing tyhe position.

Out of all them the 3rd is the only questionable one there. But overall I am elated with this draft.

I forget about the last couple of years, but JA has had a history of success with mid-rounders, which means "too bad we don't have a 4th", but it also means that he might have seen something important in this kid that he'll be right about.

I don't think that's true anymore. Angelo developed this reputation after he drafted Tillman & Briggs, then the following year Berrian & Vasher. Since then he's had far more misses then hits.

Let me ask you this: When was the last time Angelo really reached for a player that turned out to be good? Some of the "reaches" we complained about:

Mark Bradley--2nd

Dan Bazuin--2nd

Garrett Wolf--3rd

Michael Okwo--3rd

All these guys were perceived to be reaches and we were told, "JA has had a history of success with mid-rounders . . . trust him."

I wish I could feel good about this pick but nothing I've read indicates he should have been picked before the 5th round. Hell, I can't find anything that indicates he has the instincts or coverage skills to play free safety.

Either Jerry Angelo is smarter then everyone else or this is a real bad pick. It was a reach for a position that wasn't a great need.