Third round best availables

azbearsfan

Thanks for posting that list. I was just looking for those.

Man there are a lot of good players available. Unfortunately there's going to be about 60 more picks until we're up again.

If Paea is as good as advertised, I have no complaints about losing our 4th.

Thanks for the links. Bittersweet, they are. Clint Boling was there, but won't be when the Bears select again. He would have been a great Rd 3 pick. Instead of a project OLB/DB/S hybrid.

Todd McShay said Boling had the ability to start immediately for a team . . . but we're so happy with Asiata, Lance Louis and Edwin Williams, why upgrade? It's more important to have a back-up for Chris Harris/Major Wright/D Manning.

Not to mention there's a slight chance Conte would have been gone when we picked in the 5th . . .

Maybe we'll go after a guard in FA?...

The Bears continue to be in excellent shape in terms of salary because they frontload so many of their contracts. While they were the biggest spenders in free agency last year, they weren't even in the top 10 in terms of overall spending.

Basically, we have a lot of money to spend. Offensive guard is one position of need where we can certainly buy a good starter. I don't see us spending the amount of money it would require to significantly upgrade DE, OT or WR. That and there many not be that many premier free agents available.