Nathan Enderle, QB, Idaho

dawhizz

Why should the Bears have taken a developmental QB there? Isnt that what Hanie is and has been? The Bears have so many holes and have already lost a 4th rounder and made a huge reach at safety. To only have 1 o lineman and no wrs at this point is ridiculous.

Agreed. We've done nothing to address CB, WR, or OG. Two consecutive picks that were not an immediate need . . .

Well here is the way I see it, For one a 3rd qb was in the works for this draft because what happened lat season with T bone and his weak ass arm.

Second, I have heard that the Bears are working 2 key free agents that will complete thier off season, one is OL other WR. If that is true and completes out, then the Bears off season will be a huge success. As soon as the League gets its CBA done it will be thier next priority to get them here.

Well here is the way I see it, For one a 3rd qb was in the works for this draft because what happened lat season with T bone and his weak ass arm.

Second, I have heard that the Bears are working 2 key free agents that will complete thier off season, one is OL other WR. If that is true and completes out, then the Bears off season will be a huge success. As soon as the League gets its CBA done it will be thier next priority to get them here.

Do tell.

Guest TerraTor

shoulda been a Center....

Regardless...our Oline and WR will be addressed in FreeAgency. We need starters at both. guys from the 3rd probably arent that.... I smell Vjack or Braylon Edwards (please no) and have a feeling we will stick it to Queens by getting Psyco Sid Rice

Am I the only who likes this pick?

The Bears, IIRC, can still trade Hanie when the lockout is over and could get a 5th or 6th round pick for him most likely.

Enderle has drawn comparisons to a poor man's Cutler. Chances are, using a 5th round pick being Jerry Angelo on a WR, OLB, CB, or OG wasn't going to pan out anyhow.

Martz turned a 6th round pick into a Pro Bowler (Bulger) and turned Kurt Warner into a Super Bowl champ from a freaking AFL QB.

If I had to guess, I'd say they use FA to address the OG position. I've said on here at times that the Bears would never draft a C because they'll never get rid of Kreutz or send him a message to wake the hell up.

If he sucks again, they go C in round 3 or 4 of the 2012 draft, IMO.

Thats where Im at. They are drafting as if they have something going for free agency.

Am I the only who likes this pick?

I don't necessarily dislike it, it's just we have so few picks and spent 2 consecutive picks on areas that weren't a major need.

The Bears, IIRC, can still trade Hanie when the lockout is over and could get a 5th or 6th round pick for him most likely.

Hanie's a free agent and we gave him a high tender.

Martz turned a 6th round pick into a Pro Bowler (Bulger) and turned Kurt Warner into a Super Bowl champ from a freaking AFL QB.

All he's done is try to get Cutler killed. Cutler hasn't demonstrated much improvement under Martz. Interceptions went down, sacks went up . . .

If I had to guess, I'd say they use FA to address the OG position. I've said on here at times that the Bears would never draft a C because they'll never get rid of Kreutz or send him a message to wake the hell up.

We could sign a starting guard and still draft a guard. We're that thin at the position.

If he sucks again, they go C in round 3 or 4 of the 2012 draft, IMO.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Kreutz was solid in 2010.

Cutler demonstrated enough under Martz. If you honestly can sit here and type that you wouldn't care if Martz left, you're nuts.

Hanie will probably be here in 2012, and will be gone after. Just my guess.

They aren't as thin as OG as you may think. To start, they're not going to give up on Williams there. If they get a good OG in free agency, that's good enough.

Martz tried to get Cutler killed? Not necessarily. I agree he had him pass way too much at the start of the year, but it's also not his fault that the organization had a bunch of lunch ladies and construction workers playing the OL.

And no, Kreutz was downright pathetic in 2010.

I'm not crazy about Enderle, but it's the 5th round. It's hard to get mad about a player in the 5th. The thing that really worries me is taking Conte in the 3rd, when there were still some immediate impact players available. Conte might end up being a good developmental project, and I'm sure he'll help on ST in year one, but there were some guys still on the board who could have filled major needs on offense/defense.

I really hope they're planning a couple of targeted, high-profile moves via free agency/trade. They need another interior o-lineman, and they need a #1 wide receiver in the worst way. However, if they can get that done, I'll be completely satisfied with this offseason. After all, if they do that they'll have revamped the o-line, found Cutler a go-to guy, and finally replaced Tommie Harris after years of waiting. That's everything they need to do to make another run at the NFC North title.

I like Enderle. Hanie could be gone next season.

That's the important point that no one else has really said as far as I can see...Hanie's contract status is up in the air with the CBA. It's entirely possible that things work out such that Cutler is the only QB the Bears have under contract at the start of whatever training camp there is. This pick makes 100% certain that the Bears have a warm body as their backup QB.

We shouldn't expect that the players like Hanie will want to be out of their contracts when the new deal is set. For guys in his situation it's better to have a secure job for one more season than to be out there on the market with everyone else. Plus he's more likely to show his stuff in the preseason this year in an offense he knows and that will help him get the bigger deal he wants.

I'm not crazy about Enderle, but it's the 5th round. It's hard to get mad about a player in the 5th. The thing that really worries me is taking Conte in the 3rd, when there were still some immediate impact players available. Conte might end up being a good developmental project, and I'm sure he'll help on ST in year one, but there were some guys still on the board who could have filled major needs on offense/defense.

I really hope they're planning a couple of targeted, high-profile moves via free agency/trade. They need another interior o-lineman, and they need a #1 wide receiver in the worst way. However, if they can get that done, I'll be completely satisfied with this offseason. After all, if they do that they'll have revamped the o-line, found Cutler a go-to guy, and finally replaced Tommie Harris after years of waiting. That's everything they need to do to make another run at the NFC North title.

I can only trust my recent memory of the Bears in the offseason in terms of how aggressive they have been. The last 2 years they have been balls out and I can't see them dialing back now since they came so close this year despite obvious weaknesses.