Non-Bear Related

jason

Since this board was pretty pro-league when we discussed the current lockout, I'm curious as to where everyone stands on the James Harrison comments. Also, if the Steelers cut ties with him, would you want him on the Bears?

He seems like an a-hole.

But, he kicks ass.

If he can work in the scheme, I'd have no problem giving him a shot. I just wouldn't pay a lot for his services. I'd rather pay money to a big (size) WR w/ experience.

Since this board was pretty pro-league when we discussed the current lockout, I'm curious as to where everyone stands on the James Harrison comments. Also, if the Steelers cut ties with him, would you want him on the Bears?

The comments about Roethlisberger & Mendenhall should have been said behind closed doors.

The goodell comments I have 0 problem with

I actually have a problem with the Goodell comments. The bottom line, nobody likes Goodell at this point except for the owners. I understand everyone's frustration. However, James Harrison is being paid a lot of money by a league that is paying Roger Goodell to be the commissioner. James Harrison needs to just STFU and wait patiently for the lockout to end. If it wasn't for the NFL, what would James Harrison be doing?

Needless to say, I hope he enjoys his 3-4 game suspension.

Oh, and FWIW, if Mendenhall is a fumble machine and Roethlisberger isn't as good as Peyton Manning, then what is James Harrison? He had a whopping 1 tackle in the Super Bowl last year, while Roethlisberger threw only 3 picks in his end last year while Manning threw 12. Think before you talk, dumba**.

I actually have a problem with the Goodell comments. The bottom line, nobody likes Goodell at this point except for the owners. I understand everyone's frustration. However, James Harrison is being paid a lot of money by a league that is paying Roger Goodell to be the commissioner. James Harrison needs to just STFU and wait patiently for the lockout to end. If it wasn't for the NFL, what would James Harrison be doing?

He's also been fined a hundred thousand dollars or so by Goodell for what he feels is normally playing the game, and then he's also had to go through being locked out by Gooddell all year and kept out of his own locker room. Frustration against him I understand. Pictures with guns, homophobia, calling out teammates I do not.

He's also been fined a hundred thousand dollars or so by Goodell for what he feels is normally playing the game, and then he's also had to go through being locked out by Gooddell all year and kept out of his own locker room. Frustration against him I understand. Pictures with guns, homophobia, calling out teammates I do not.

Yeah, fined because he's hitting players on their helmets with his helmet. It's a rule. Follow it. Nobody else is getting fined the amount of times that he has. What he "feels" is irrelevant here. It's a rule. If you don't like it, take your game to the CFL.

For the record, it doesn't seem like he likes to be in that "locker room" you're referring to. It sounds like he doesn't like a few of the bigger name players.

Yeah, fined because he's hitting players on their helmets with his helmet. It's a rule. Follow it. Nobody else is getting fined the amount of times that he has. What he "feels" is irrelevant here. It's a rule. If you don't like it, take your game to the CFL.

For the record, it doesn't seem like he likes to be in that "locker room" you're referring to. It sounds like he doesn't like a few of the bigger name players.

It's a rule and one I like and have strongly defended...but it's a rule that also changed on him midseason with he personally being the biggest culprit/reason for the change. I'll give him a pass on being angry about it.

It's a rule and one I like and have strongly defended...but it's a rule that also changed on him midseason with he personally being the biggest culprit/reason for the change. I'll give him a pass on being angry about it.

If he wants to be angry, fine, but that "I hate Goodell" and "Goodell is a crock, puppet, and a faggot" s*** is unacceptable.

I only have a problem with 1 word of that rant.

As do I, and that's the "F" word. But why is Goodell a puppet? Half of this rant doesn't even make sense, including the picture with the guns. Calling Roger Goodell a puppet isn't exactly using the word in the right context and calling Mendenhall a fumble machine (most rushes in the NFL and only 2 fumbles in 16 regular season games) & saying Roethlisberger tries to hard to be Peyton Manning (see the stat I posted above) are false.

As do I, and that's the "F" word. But why is Goodell a puppet? Half of this rant doesn't even make sense, including the picture with the guns. Calling Roger Goodell a puppet isn't exactly using the word in the right context and calling Mendenhall a fumble machine (most rushes in the NFL and only 2 fumbles in 16 regular season games) & saying Roethlisberger tries to hard to be Peyton Manning (see the stat I posted above) are false.

Others have called him a "puppet" of certain ownership groups (I think Jerry Jones and Jerry Richardson are at the top of that list).

His other stuff is really, really stupid. The gun photo is awful and I'd probably suspend him over that if it were my team. He has a right to call out his locker room, incorrectly, if he's that big of a moron.

Guest TerraTor

Harrison is pure human trash. Wife beater, nothin else needed....

Hope he gets suspended for th year.

Goodell to Harrison: "hey faggot, this is ur dictator..have fun on your couch this season"