New Deal

AZ54

With the owners having just voted to approve the new collective bargaining agreement I though it would be good to have a single thread to cover the various new rules that will be coming out in the next few days from FA, salary cap, rookie salaries, etc.

Item 1: Bears Rams Hall of Fame game is cancelled. All teams will have identical preseason practice time and games

With the owners having just voted to approve the new collective bargaining agreement I though it would be good to have a single thread to cover the various new rules that will be coming out in the next few days from FA, salary cap, rookie salaries, etc.

Item 1: Bears Rams Hall of Fame game is cancelled. All teams will have identical preseason practice time and games

Too bad for the HOF game. Seems to me they could play it and move it into the "regular"'preseason schedule. Oh well.

I know the players still have to sign off on the deal but any guess when FA will kick off? Something tells me the Bears will be getting a big name WR and/or OL before long.

Glad it's over...

I'm ambivalent.

I like that it saves the Bears for one more game. Less risk of injury. On the other hand, I recognize it's one less chance to tune up the engine. Less time to mesh. To get the offense synchronized. Not to mention the fact that I want to see 50 Bears' games a year, and would probably want more even then.

My greed aside, I think this is probably good for the aging defense, and bad for the offense.

Good points...

I agree.

I'm ambivalent.

I like that it saves the Bears for one more game. Less risk of injury. On the other hand, I recognize it's one less chance to tune up the engine. Less time to mesh. To get the offense synchronized. Not to mention the fact that I want to see 50 Bears' games a year, and would probably want more even then.

My greed aside, I think this is probably good for the aging defense, and bad for the offense.

If the clock ever starts, here's how the alarms go.

Day 1: Voluntary player training, conditioning and classroom work at team facilities. Also, a brief exclusivity window will open. Teams can renegotiate existing contracts of current players. They can sign draft picks and re-sign their own free agents. At 2 p.m. ET, they can commence negotiations with other teams' free agents and also undrafted rookies but not officially sign them.

Day 2: Teams can start signing undrafted rookies at 2 p.m. ET.

Day 5: Teams can formally sign any unrestricted free agents. Restricted free agents can sign offer sheets. Trades can be completed. All teams must be under the $120 million salary cap. Rosters can expand to 90 players. Training camps can open but activities are limited to physicals, meetings and conditioning.

Day 6: Training camp practices can begin but without pads.

Day 7: Players again can't wear pads during practices.

Day 8: Padded practices can begin.

I dont trust a-holes like Brees, Manning, Mawae. They will shoot it down until the get their pockets lined..

Unless you mean for the NFLPA's pockets, this has nothing to do with putting money in those 3 players' hands directly. Brees and Manning are filthy rich already, and Mawae made a great career out of being a center.

Manning's only beef is the continuous FT that Irsay and company keep putting on him. I believe this will be his 3rd straight, unless he gets an extension finally.

That franchise tag guarantees a pretty good salary and regardless of that, the Colts have always taken care of Manning. Despite the FT nobody forced Manning to sign a contract with the Colts. While it's not as desirable as FA if Manning wanted to get out of Indy he could have and should have forced that deal long ago.

Hey Manning, don't like the Franchise Tag? Cry me a river, dickface. You're making megamillions and ensured one of the top salaries at QB every year the FT gets used. But that's not enough, is it? He wants to paid the most. It's talk like that that convinces me even more that the players still place finances above winning or team.