What will Wednesday bring?

Alaskan Grizzly

I still think the Bears will sign one of each, if not both, a notable at WR and/or OL.

There are too many to ponder at both positions but something tells me that despite all the talk contrary, the Bears will sign a big bodied WR. And of those I have a feeling one of these will be it: Vincent Jackson, Braylon Edwards, Plaxico Burress or yes..I'll say it Randy Moss. I know the last two are troubling off camera but in both cases I think they are set to redeem themselves. And I have NEVER been a Moss fan but something tells me that he might just work out in Chicago.

Guest TerraTor

id personally love Moss.

I think we get a Mid Level OG - Clabo maybe and an OT probably a guy thats 30 or 31

And if not Moss Id see us end up with Braylon Edwards...would piss me off cuz ill never forget the dropped TD pass in the playoffs..but hed be good for us

I also see us gettong a OLB - i like Carolinas Anderson......

This is going to be a very interesting week!!!!

Clayton said we were the dark horse for B Edwards. Im kind of iffy on this guy, during his time at Cleveland he dropped way to many passes. I know he was better last year but the tendencey to drop passes is there. He also is a dumb ass off the field, fights with Lebron's crew and DUI's. I guess he would be an upgrade from what we have, tall some what of a number 1 WR.

I wonder if the Cullen Jenkins talk is true too? How about AA, we going to resign him??

Would eveyone agree that the major area's of concern are WR, OL, DL and S? In no particular order.

Guest TerraTor

Brad Smith is all but useless especially on this team.

Get a WR who has played WR in the nfl.

i think OL-WR-DL-OLB are the priorities in that order.

jamarcus Webb sucks, either have Carimi or Williams be LT.

anyone have a thought on Steve Smith (NY) ?

I just read a little bit on the Bears board and people have been saying that a couple of ESPN radio guys along with John Clayton mentioned Asomghua as a candidate for the Bears. That would be pretty incredible if we got him to lock down every NFL receiver, including C Johnson and Greg Jennings twice a year.

That would be a hell of a signing...

But, I hope that won't be the only splash.

I just read a little bit on the Bears board and people have been saying that a couple of ESPN radio guys along with John Clayton mentioned Asomghua as a candidate for the Bears. That would be pretty incredible if we got him to lock down every NFL receiver, including C Johnson and Greg Jennings twice a year.

Yes, they can negotiate with any FA starting I believe Tue and so the rumor mill will be white hot. As I said last week, players and teams know there is precious little time to negotiate deals Even if they aren't signed we'll be hearing of handshake agreements before Friday.

Yes, they can negotiate with any FA starting I believe Tue and so the rumor mill will be white hot. As I said last week, players and teams know there is precious little time to negotiate deals Even if they aren't signed we'll be hearing of handshake agreements before Friday.

Hopefully we get a OT that can eventually play OG after Carmi and Webb is ready. I think we also get a inexpensive OG something on the order of a Ruben Brown. The only big splash we make is Cullen Jenkins. A CB and WR, but no big names. I think Brad Smith is a possiblity. He wont be expensive and can run the wildcat. Not my first choice but could be intriuging with Martz. Hopefully they can get Marshall/CB/Carolina, a descent player. They will resign Krutez and Adams, and a couple of our LBs. Meaning Roach will be our SLB.

Guest TerraTor

Im not a Sid Rice fan really. Only existed one season then got got hurt.

I think hell get too much money and not care anymore. Although in case of oversight, would be cool to screw Minnesota over

Hopefully we get a OT that can eventually play OG after Carmi and Webb is ready. I think we also get a inexpensive OG something on the order of a Ruben Brown. The only big splash we make is Cullen Jenkins. A CB and WR, but no big names. I think Brad Smith is a possiblity. He wont be expensive and can run the wildcat. Not my first choice but could be intriuging with Martz. Hopefully they can get Marshall/CB/Carolina, a descent player. They will resign Krutez and Adams, and a couple of our LBs. Meaning Roach will be our SLB.

IMO the wildcat is a wasted play. We have one of the better QBs in the NFL why take him off the field? All it does is shrink the field the defense has to cover.

IMO the wildcat is a wasted play. We have one of the better QBs in the NFL why take him off the field? All it does is shrink the field the defense has to cover.

The wildcat isn't a wasted play. It's a useful tool for teams that heavily focus on a running game and have really bad quarterbacks.

Hub Arkush mentioned the Bears were rumored to want Brad Smith. Does that mean we think Cutler's awful? Teams with good QB's don't resort to the wildcat.

The wildcat isn't a wasted play. It's a useful tool for teams that heavily focus on a running game and have really bad quarterbacks.

Hub Arkush mentioned the Bears were rumored to want Brad Smith. Does that mean we think Cutler's awful? Teams with good QB's don't resort to the wildcat.

It's not a wasted play...but it can be a wasted play if teams expect it.

The original idea was that you take the QB out and now you get an extra blocker, you're playing 10 on 11 with the ballcarrier instead of 9 on 11. But, teams have figured that out, they see it coming because the QB isn't out so they tee off on the RB and ignore the decoys, since the RB isn't going to accurately toss the ball across the field. Miami got a big surge in yards when they introduced it but last year it was less effective than their normal offense.

I'd add in CB there Tillman iisn't getting any younger & I'm not convinced by our back-ups.

This would actually be an excellent year to look at a CB upgrade because it's a deep position in FA and the top teams won't be competing for the middle-of-the-pack guys since they'll all be after the #1 player.

I think this is the first time ever a free-agency period has 10 solid starters at an important position like cornerback. I don't recall ever seeing one spot so full of restricted and unrestricted guys who can help a good team. From Nnamdi Asomugha all the way down to Kelly Jennings, it's a heck of a solid group.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writ...l#ixzz1TDkvAzIB