Willie Colon

Ed Hochuli 3:16

According to @ESPNChiBears on twitter (JD and Wright from ESPN), the Bears have contacted Willie Colon.

Thoughts?

Thanks for posting this. Hell yes I have thoughts!

Thought #1: What's up with the tackles? Currently we have the following offensive tackles:

J Webb--Showed promise, but I'm real skeptical.

Chris Williams--Looked ok at LT and was moved to guard due to injuries.

Omiyale--I like him as a back-up

Carimi--If we add another tackle to play opposite J Webb, will we try him at guard?

I don't know what you can expect from Willie Colon. If we got Bushrod, that would help a ton. He won't be cheap. Lets get him.

Thanks for posting this. Hell yes I have thoughts!

Thought #1: What's up with the tackles? Currently we have the following offensive tackles:

J Webb--Showed promise, but I'm real skeptical.

Chris Williams--Looked ok at LT and was moved to guard due to injuries.

Omiyale--I like him as a back-up

Carimi--If we add another tackle to play opposite J Webb, will we try him at guard?

I don't know what you can expect from Willie Colon. If we got Bushrod, that would help a ton. He won't be cheap. Lets get him.

The rumor that has been circulating for a few weeks is that J Weeb may be switched to the blindside and that Carimi would start at RT.

The rumor that has been circulating for a few weeks is that J Weeb may be switched to the blindside and that Carimi would start at RT.

True. I'm wondering what our plan is? We want Bushrod who is young and a very good LT. We seem to love J Webb and Carimi's our number 1 pick. Does this mean we're not sold on J Webb? Do we think Carimi should play guard? Are we convinced Chris Williams can play guard?

We have a lot of interesting options at the tackle position, yet we have no interest in upgrading the guard spot.

I'd be thrilled with Bushrod, but it seems to conflict with other moves. What is our plan?

True. I'm wondering what our plan is? We want Bushrod who is young and a very good LT. We seem to love J Webb and Carimi's our number 1 pick. Does this mean we're not sold on J Webb? Do we think Carimi should play guard? Are we convinced Chris Williams can play guard?

We have a lot of interesting options at the tackle position, yet we have no interest in upgrading the guard spot.

I'd be thrilled with Bushrod, but it seems to conflict with other moves. What is our plan?

IS there any chance that Webb could be moved to guard behind Garza?

I don't like the fact they are concentrating on OT, apparently.

If Colon or Bushrod get picked up, that automatically moves Webb or Carimi. Let's hope like hell it's not Carimi, because that would be just plain retarded.

So why not just concentrate on OG?

I don't like the fact they are concentrating on OT, apparently.

If Colon or Bushrod get picked up, that automatically moves Webb or Carimi. Let's hope like hell it's not Carimi, because that would be just plain retarded.

So why not just concentrate on OG?

At the Senior Bowl Carimi played all 3 positions there. They tried him Guard, Tackle and center. He can play them all. As for Bushod Put him on the left Move Williams to back up. and Put Carimi at left guard

At the Senior Bowl Carimi played all 3 positions there. They tried him Guard, Tackle and center. He can play them all. As for Bushod Put him on the left Move Williams to back up. and Put Carimi at left guard

And now you have not one, but TWO first round Tackles moved inside to OG, with one of them being a backup. Horrible plan.

Carimi and Williams should be the OTs. Williams was only moved inside because of injuries, and because they guys at OG were so atrocious. He should be moved back outside where he belongs.

(Carimi - ? - Kreutz - Garza - Williams) is how it should be...unless Williams just completely sucks. In which case, he still probably sucks much less than Omifail or Webb, two of the worst OLinemen in the NFL.

Webb?????? Your on drugs, For a first year player he did well and being he is natural left tackle is even more amazing, Worst? No way Jason

Two "of the worst." Omifail is definitely in the bottom 5 players in the league, and Webb was rated horribly this past year. Maybe he has potential to climb out, but he's still near the very bottom.

Two "of the worst." Omifail is definitely in the bottom 5 players in the league, and Webb was rated horribly this past year. Maybe he has potential to climb out, but he's still near the very bottom.

Jason as far as Omiwindmill is concerned I agree with you. When it comes to Webb I stradle the fence because he went from being a project to starting and I have to feel that Tice had a lot to do with that. I have had the benefit of being here in the Chicagoland area and hearing Webb speak to the media and I want to say that if you like Idonije's demeanor then you will like Webb's. He reminds me of Big Cat Williams the way he carries himself.

What if he doesn't?????

Then he doesn't. You act like this would surprise you. He'll probably stick by his guys (Williams, Garza, Webb) before he signs a 29-30 year old to replace them.

But in the mean time, have a little confidence, yeah? I haven't heard a peep out of Clabo, Dahl, or Nicks from Schefter, La Canfora, Mortensen, etc regarding these three. Calm down.

Then he doesn't. You act like this would surprise you. He'll probably stick by his guys (Williams, Garza, Webb) before he signs a 29-30 year old to replace them.

But in the mean time, have a little confidence, yeah? I haven't heard a peep out of Clabo, Dahl, or Nicks from Schefter, La Canfora, Mortensen, etc regarding these three. Calm down.

Tomorrow is signing day for these guys, and then they can get into camp when the calender year starts, Tuesday or Wed? So I'd think we'd want to take care of these signings this weekend. Let's go JA, wow me!

PFT is reporting that we offered 3 mil. more than the steelers, he wanted to stay. This should lead a guy to believe that we are serious about addressing the O line. With Calabo resigning with Atlanta, I have to think (hope) either Dahl or Nicks will be a Bear tomorrow!

PFT is reporting that we offered 3 mil. more than the steelers, he wanted to stay. This should lead a guy to believe that we are serious about addressing the O line. With Calabo resigning with Atlanta, I have to think (hope) either Dahl or Nicks will be a Bear tomorrow!

Nicks was tendered by the Saints, so there's no way he comes to Chicago. They need to get serious about Dahl, though.

Nicks was tendered by the Saints, so there's no way he comes to Chicago. They need to get serious about Dahl, though.

We will know today how seriouse the Bears are on the o-line. Plenty of still good football players out there. We need to hold judgement till the next few days have passed.

We will know today how seriouse the Bears are on the o-line. Plenty of still good football players out there. We need to hold judgement till the next few days have passed.

Agreed. But we better freakin see something. Getting rid of the Bears' second best receiver (Olsen) and signing a questionable receiver (Roy Williams) doesn't do a damn thing for the offense if Cutler is getting hammered every other throw. We know that leads to throwing off the back foot, lack of trust with receivers, minimizing the play book (at least feasibly), etc.

The OL was/is priority #1. If it's not addressed, the FO has learned nothing from the past several years, and certainly nothing from having Cutler on the bench with an injury during the most important game of 2010.