OK, my patience is wearing thin!

madlithuanian

I admit, I should just let things be and see how the chips fall, but dammit, there are deals out there being made and good guys flying off the market that we could have used!

Right now, all we've done is sign a bunch of undrafted guys that'll probably amount to nothing and sign 2 draft picks that again will probablynot amount to nothing.

No early round draft picks signed.

No re-signing of guys or extendeding contract.

No nothing in FA!

Granted, it just started, but I want results now!

...sorry, had to just get that out. I know I should be patient. but I've been patient for what seems like an eternity already!

My best advice is to relax. These contracts that are being handed out today are insane. If the Bears gave $19m guaranteed to Weddle, $50m over 5 years to Holmes, $30m guaranteed to C.Johnson, or $15m to Santana Moss, I'd have to legitimately consider jumping off of something high.

IMO, the best move they can make is to immediately sign Carimi and get him the playbook and continue to get him accustomed to being a Bear.

So far, I don't think I've heard one name that's been connected with the Bears this FA that I can honestly say "Oh yeah, that makes sense." I've heard Brad Smith, Jason Babin, and then two tackles I've never heard of in Bushrod and Colon. What are we going to do with Brad Smith? He's certainly not good enough to play receiver, and we already have 2 extremely good returners in Hester and Knox.. Manning too if he stays which now looks doubtful. Why are we not going after a guard?

Names that I thought would be mentioned based on common logic would be players like Braylon Edwards, Sidney Rice, Malcom Floyd, Carl Nicks, and maybe even Roy Williams because of his connection with Martz and Daryl Drake.. Hopefully something significant can happen within the next two days but so far, I can't say that I have a clue as to what management is doing right now.

So far, I don't think I've heard one name that's been connected with the Bears this FA that I can honestly say "Oh yeah, that makes sense." I've heard Brad Smith, Jason Babin, and then two tackles I've never heard of in Bushrod and Colon. What are we going to do with Brad Smith? He's certainly not good enough to play receiver, and we already have 2 extremely good returners in Hester and Knox.. Manning too if he stays which now looks doubtful. Why are we not going after a guard?

Names that I thought would be mentioned based on common logic would be players like Braylon Edwards, Sidney Rice, Malcom Floyd, Carl Nicks, and maybe even Roy Williams because of his connection with Martz and Daryl Drake.. Hopefully something significant can happen within the next two days but so far, I can't say that I have a clue as to what management is doing right now.

I'm trying to be patient. We've got good cap numbers and some money to spend, so I'm hoping to hear something tomorrow, at least with our own, Kruetz, Roach and Adams. Oh, and I'm also looking for some Oline action, the guy from the Saints or Steelers?

Oh, I know. But, it doesn't mean I'm stillnot frustrated!

Yes! Something! Sign Gabe, re-sign Olin...let's get some business done!!!

My best advice is to relax. These contracts that are being handed out today are insane. If the Bears gave $19m guaranteed to Weddle, $50m over 5 years to Holmes, $30m guaranteed to C.Johnson, or $15m to Santana Moss, I'd have to legitimately consider jumping off of something high.

IMO, the best move they can make is to immediately sign Carimi and get him the playbook and continue to get him accustomed to being a Bear.

Well said... You're last line really speaks volumes. I hope they have a great plan they just haven't pulled triggers on... I fear the opposite. I simply don't have a lot of trust in our FO. There are reasons like Peppers and Jay to make me be positive though. But, I'm struggling with the lack of any significant news from us.

Oh, I know. But, it doesn't mean I'm stillnot frustrated!

Yes! Something! Sign Gabe, re-sign Olin...let's get some business done!!!

Im with you Mad!!! I want something better then Brad Smith.......Cmon MANNNNNN!!!!!! Brad Smith??? We talking about practice???!! Practice???Cmon man!!! lol alright im done!!haha There was my little AI Rant.

I agree the Bears should not be over spending right now, maybe the silence is them not wanting to show their hand to everyone and drive the price up.

I admit, I should just let things be and see how the chips fall, but dammit, there are deals out there being made and good guys flying off the market that we could have used!

Right now, all we've done is sign a bunch of undrafted guys that'll probably amount to nothing and sign 2 draft picks that again will probablynot amount to nothing.

No early round draft picks signed.

No re-signing of guys or extendeding contract.

No nothing in FA!

Granted, it just started, but I want results now!

...sorry, had to just get that out. I know I should be patient. but I've been patient for what seems like an eternity already!

OMG. You must have read my mind. How disappointing to log on during my lunch break and see everyone else making moves and the Bears doing jack squat.

I mean there is no info of the Bears even talking.

I thought bringing on this guy from Seattle would help things.

smh

ps. I am not as down on Brad Smith as most. I rather have a young athletic guy all day over that chitbag Roy Williams.

Ha! I figured I just needed to blow off some steam! It's good to know I'm not the only one frustrated!

OMG. You must have read my mind. How disappointing to log on during my lunch break and see everyone else making moves and the Bears doing jack squat.

I mean there is no info of the Bears even talking.

I thought bringing on this guy from Seattle would help things.

smh

ps. I am not as down on Brad Smith as most. I rather have a young athletic guy all day over that chitbag Roy Williams.

I think many if not all of the early announcementss are BS.... Nothing can be signed til Friday anyhow.

Agreed Terra. IF we're sitting here Saturday at this time and we ain't done a damn thing, then I'll be worried.

Anthony Adams was on the SCORE tonight and said his agent is talking with the Bears tomorrow.

Hell, we might have done a deal and the story hasn't leaked yet.

Ha! I figured I just needed to blow off some steam! It's good to know I'm not the only one frustrated!

Mad L you always need to blow off steam and if we don't know that by now we haven't been paying attention. After all this BS that we went through since March I'm only sticking my foot in the water to see what is really going to happen before I have my Beargasm.

True enough!

Mad L you always need to blow off steam and if we don't know that by now we haven't been paying attention. After all this BS that we went through since March I'm only sticking my foot in the water to see what is really going to happen before I have my Beargasm.

Did I really just read a "I've never heard of Willie Colon or Jermon Bushrod?" Jesus. They're good players, people. The Bears have signed one GREAT player as a FA in Angelo's time (Peppers).

What OT do you want them to get? Answer me that.

Or maybe there is a better player out there that isn't a tackle. His name is Carl Nicks and he's a guard. None of those guys are worth writing home about anyways. Marginal upgrades at best. Nicks would be a pretty substantial upgrade.

heh- heh, he said "Bushrod"...

cameo.jpg

Did I really just read a "I've never heard of Willie Colon or Jermon Bushrod?" Jesus. They're good players, people. The Bears have signed one GREAT player as a FA in Angelo's time (Peppers).

I says both would be great but if i could have my pick i say Clabo and Dahl from ATL!!!hahaha that would be nice. The big question is if the Bears are looking at OT then who is out, I would think Webb. Another thing i was hoping was Williams actually turning the key on and actually living up to his 1st round draft pick at either right or left tackle. Then with Carmi we would be set at tackle for along time. If that happened then adding someone that can move to or play OG would make our oline look pretty good.

How is Jermon Bushrod or Willie Colon a "marginal" upgrade from Frank Omiyale or J'Marcus Webb? Please. Those 2 guys, right now, are absolutely horrible at playing offensive tackle in the NFL.

I highly doubt the Bears go after Carl Nicks. They aren't going to dish out $25m guaranteed and $50m overall for an OG.

How is Jermon Bushrod or Willie Colon a "marginal" upgrade from Frank Omiyale or J'Marcus Webb? Please. Those 2 guys, right now, are absolutely horrible at playing offensive tackle in the NFL.

I highly doubt the Bears go after Carl Nicks. They aren't going to dish out $25m guaranteed and $50m overall for an OG.

Omiyale won't be starting next year with Carimi. And if he does, then it doesn't say much for the player we drafted in the first round. Webb is bad but the upgrade we get from a guard like Nicks is a better one then if we signed Bushrod or Colon. if the Bears are serious about cleaning up their line play, they'll spill out the money to make that improvement. It's not as if they don't have the money. They have the 3rd most cap room out of all teams in football.

Omiyale won't be starting next year with Carimi. And if he does, then it doesn't say much for the player we drafted in the first round. Webb is bad but the upgrade we get from a guard like Nicks is a better one then if we signed Bushrod or Colon. if the Bears are serious about cleaning up their line play, they'll spill out the money to make that improvement. It's not as if they don't have the money. They have the 3rd most cap room out of all teams in football.

I didn't realize they had the third most cap space.

That being said, here's what I would like to see:

1) Resign Olin. He wasn't great, but he's steady, a leader, and the glue.

2) Sign Nicks. I don't care who he replaces; he's a massive upgrade at either OG position.

3) The minute after Nicks signs, I want to hear from the FO, "The Bears are happy to welcome Nicks to the Chicago family, and we'd like to announce that Chris Williams will be playing OT next year." This needs to happen because Webb is almost as bad as Omifail.

4) Sign whoever is left between Braylon Edwards, Randy Moss, Vincent Jackson, Roy Williams, etc. Basically, make the move to get a "big WR," and to get the hounds off of the FO's back.

That'd be great.

I didn't realize they had the third most cap space.

That being said, here's what I would like to see:

1) Resign Olin. He wasn't great, but he's steady, a leader, and the glue.

2) Sign Nicks. I don't care who he replaces; he's a massive upgrade at either OG position.

3) The minute after Nicks signs, I want to hear from the FO, "The Bears are happy to welcome Nicks to the Chicago family, and we'd like to announce that Chris Williams will be playing OT next year." This needs to happen because Webb is almost as bad as Omifail.

4) Sign whoever is left between Braylon Edwards, Randy Moss, Vincent Jackson, Roy Williams, etc. Basically, make the move to get a "big WR," and to get the hounds off of the FO's back.

That'd be great.

+1