Scratch Sidney Rice off...

madlithuanian

For that price, why in the world did the Bears not try to get in on this?

He's getting 41 million with 18 guaranteed. He went for 200 yards last season, and in four years in the league, he's been bad every year but one. I'll admit, I'd have been happy if we signed him, but I sure as hell don't blame the Bears for not getting in on this.

Yes, he went for 1300 yards once, but so did Roy Williams.

The media is reporting that with so many players available, so many guys being cut, and so many teams over the cap, this is a buyers market. I look for the Bears to wait it out and sign several good players. With the money Seattle spent on Rice, he'd better be great.

He's getting 41 million with 18 guaranteed. He went for 200 yards last season, and in four years in the league, he's been bad every year but one. I'll admit, I'd have been happy if we signed him, but I sure as hell don't blame the Bears for not getting in on this.

Yes, he went for 1300 yards once, but so did Roy Williams.

The media is reporting that with so many players available, so many guys being cut, and so many teams over the cap, this is a buyers market. I look for the Bears to wait it out and sign several good players. With the money Seattle spent on Rice, he'd better be great.

Of those the Bears may go after Roy Wiliiams may be on their radar because of the connectionbetween Darryl Drake and Martz who worked with Williams for a year as his OC.

I was suspect of Rice, but I think I'd have gone for it. But, I would have hoped for a bit less money. I just have very little faith in our WR corps.

Yeah, I'm not sure why the Bears should have gone after Rice. He got way too much money, his only good season was with Brett Favre, and he's coming off a bad hip injury. Yuck.