Kreutz leaving?

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a reputation player at this point, and his feistiness is turning into him just being a dirty player, IMO. I thought he was as bad as anyone on the line last year and have advocated a change. I have no problem with this, depending on how the Bears respond to the loss.

Guest TerraTor

His play last season was awful. Team leader but no worth on the field anymore. It sucks to lose a lifer Bear but he is jeapordizing the players behind him

Dang...

I swear any other season without a lockout, etc...and I'd not have a huge problem with it. But, this season, that will put us behing the 8 ball. We could go after O Hara or similar. That will lessen the blow. but, it will be a blow.

He's not the same he used to be, but I just feel this season isn't the one to make that change.

His play last season was awful. Team leader but no worth on the field anymore. It sucks to lose a lifer Bear but he is jeapordizing the players behind him

I'm with you TT. I have yet to figure why Kreutz is considered a must have. I believe that Olsen being traded or the loss of Brad Maynard may have more of an impact than Kruetz being gone. Besides the kid they signed from Oregon State could be what they have been looking for.

Besides the kid they signed from Oregon State could be what they have been looking for.

He could be, but Garza will be the starting C if Olin goes. Our OL will be a do-over again. While I agree Kreutz's play has dropped, we need some form of consistency on the OL. I'm still hoping they resign him.

I couldn't agree more...

Kreutz needs to come back because he is the team leader. He play is not great anymore but is better than our other choices right now. Let him train Linnerholm and get all the new players in some form of continuity. He is our best choice for this year. I think we will pick up a guard and another tackle. He needs to help get everybody on the same page.

Jeopardizing what player behind him Terra? We lose Kreutz & Garza moves to C & as weak as outr line is already it gets a hell of a lot worse.

Guess it's ok though we signed a dropaholic, a special teamer & a P. Well done FO well done

Count me in on the "he needs to be resigned" side of the debate.

Was Olin great last year? No.

Was he serviceable? Yes.

Was his performance most likely hampered by the fact that on his left was a guy playing out of position and on his right was a guy who probably wouldn't start on 25 teams in the NFL? HELL YES.

Let's face facts. The OL was horrendous last year. Lord knows I've said it enough. But, in essence, Olin was the tallest midget, a guy who was better than the others not because he was great, but because the others stunk up the joint so bad. Losing him and replacing him with Garza or the UDFA rookie immediately makes the OL worse than last year...which is F'ing scary for Jay Cutler's health.

Agreed. Seriously, do we need to rebuild right now? Especially given what has gone on in the off-season.

Count me in on the "he needs to be resigned" side of the debate.

Was Olin great last year? No.

Was he serviceable? Yes.

Was his performance most likely hampered by the fact that on his left was a guy playing out of position and on his right was a guy who probably wouldn't start on 25 teams in the NFL? HELL YES.

Let's face facts. The OL was horrendous last year. Lord knows I've said it enough. But, in essence, Olin was the tallest midget, a guy who was better than the others not because he was great, but because the others stunk up the joint so bad. Losing him and replacing him with Garza or the UDFA rookie immediately makes the OL worse than last year...which is F'ing scary for Jay Cutler's health.

This!

this is exactly what I was thinking once I heard we might lose him. Is he on his last leg of his career, yes. I say he's got 2 maybe 3 years left. But I think what gets lost is what you just pointed out. Kruetz has his responsibilities as the center, but he also has had to or felt he has to assist the guy to his left or right or both when they are not doing their job. Let's face it he's not lining up between two pro bowlers but rather guys who would be backups on most teams.

I don't know about everyone else but,I believe that Tice has almost as much power as Martz and if he really wanted Kreutz back he would have been signed before the lockout. All I can remember is when Jay Hilgenberg went and played with the Browns at the end of his career and that was sad. Last season's game against the Redskins when Albert I'll play when I wanna Haynesworth treated Kreutz like a rag doll sealed the deal for me and I truly think he should spend his Sundays at home in Hawaii. He has had a nice full career and should leave on his feet and not on a stretcher like Hilgy after he had a grabber.

yeah that was sad the way Hilgy went out and Kruetz has had a good long career here in Chicago, and a good guy as well and loyal as he has in past years taken less money to stay in Chicago and he has anchored the OL here for many years it will be odd not seeing him out there but wether he retires, re-signs with us, or he signs somewhere else I wish him the best. My pref of course would be that if he doesn't resign he retires a Bear. I wouldn't mind him being a position coach here.

yeah that was sad the way Hilgy went out and Kruetz has had a good long career here in Chicago, and a good guy as well and loyal as he has in past years taken less money to stay in Chicago and he has anchored the OL here for many years it will be odd not seeing him out there but wether he retires, re-signs with us, or he signs somewhere else I wish him the best. My pref of course would be that if he doesn't resign he retires a Bear. I wouldn't mind him being a position coach here.

BF 2K I agree and believe he desrves to leave the way he wants but, his play last season including some untimely penalties signals its time to quit. Our line is so bad that our fans and media believe we can't survive without him but like someone else posted( I believe Jason) the amount of sacks the line gave up last season and Kruetz is supposed to be the leader and calls all the line assignments is like saying your the "Tallest Midget".

BF 2K I agree and believe he desrves to leave the way he wants but, his play last season including some untimely penalties signals its time to quit. Our line is so bad that our fans and media believe we can't survive without him but like someone else posted( I believe Jason) the amount of sacks the line gave up last season and Kruetz is supposed to be the leader and calls all the line assignments is like saying your the "Tallest Midget".

Sometimes guys can pick it up after a down year, even late in their careers.

Reality right now is...the Bears don't obviously have the C spot filled. This is a problem. If there's another solution, every fan would be happy to hear it.

Sometimes guys can pick it up after a down year, even late in their careers.

Reality right now is...the Bears don't obviously have the C spot filled. This is a problem. If there's another solution, every fan would be happy to hear it.

Its just like Marinelli is expected to work his magic with Gholsten, Tice has Garza, Edwin Williams and Linnekohl to work with at TC or until the sign Kruetz.

Its just like Marinelli is expected to work his magic with Gholsten, Tice has Garza, Edwin Williams and Linnekohl to work with at TC or until the sign Kruetz.

I agree, Tice can get Linnekohl up on calls, He is another Kruetz type center. if you watch him he reminds me alot of Olin in his earlier years.

Pretty intersting. 31 reps on the Bench

I agree, Tice can get Linnekohl up on calls, He is another Kruetz type center. if you watch him he reminds me alot of Olin in his earlier years.

Pretty intersting. 31 reps on the Bench

It was just reported on ESPNchicago.com by JD and micheal Wright that Kruetz is unlikely to sign. After I what I heard from practice today all I can say is oyyyyyy

Yeah, it looks unlikely now that Kreutz comes back. Angelo is a f***ing joke. They offered him1 year at $4 million. WTF?

Okay, this tem now needs to move on. It won't be easy without Kreutz's experience, but the line can't be any worse than ast years. Lets see Tice work with the groups he's dealt.

Okay, this tem now needs to move on. It won't be easy without Kreutz's experience, but the line can't be any worse than ast years. Lets see Tice work with the groups he's dealt.

If Tice thinks Kreutz just won't have it any more, I can live with that.

But that means another warm body is needed in the O-Line.

If Tice thinks Kreutz just won't have it any more, I can live with that.

But that means another warm body is needed in the O-Line.

Ruskell had Chris Spencer in Seattle, and Spencer is a FA. Perhaps he is Kreutz's replacement at C?

Shaun O'Hara is another option; he's a Chicago guy.

Kyle Cook is interesting. He's only 28 and has been pretty good for Cincinnati.