Kreutz leaving?

Ed Hochuli 3:16

From what I've read and heard:

Bears initial offer was 3 mil

Kreutz rejected and said he feels he's worth around what Matt Birk was getting

Bears counter with 4 mil

Kruetz comes back asking 4.5 mil

Bears said this is your offer and set a deadline to accept

The Bears front office had to set a deadline because they were losing out on other FA's. The longer it took to try and sign Kreutz the higher the price tag on other available FA's became. It came down to making a decision, the Bears gave Olin a fair counter offer and the Kreutz camp thought they'd squeeze another 5K and when the Bears said take it or leave it Kreutz felt rejected and pissed.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$4mil for Kreutz' performance was a complete gift. If he wanted to stick it out one more year and help out the team he had his chance. He was so valuable around the league that apparently he's just going to retire. I know other teams will be interested in him but I doubt it will be at $4mil price tag.

$4mil for Kreutz' performance was a complete gift. If he wanted to stick it out one more year and help out the team he had his chance. He was so valuable around the league that apparently he's just going to retire. I know other teams will be interested in him but I doubt it will be at $4mil price tag.

That's too bad as I hoped he finish his career as a Bear.

That being said, if we really believe Spencer is the answer, why did we only give him a 2 year deal?

Please never use Favre and Johnny U in the same sentance again... It's belittles Johnny U.

Once upon a time, Brett Favre was asked to leave Green Bay and Johnny Unitas was asked to leave the Colts. It happens. The more I think about it, the more I believe it was also time to move on. Hopefully Spencer can stay healthy now.

That's too bad as I hoped he finish his career as a Bear.

That being said, if we really believe Spencer is the answer, why did we only give him a 2 year deal?

If he retires now, didn't he finish his career as a Bear?

Because there's no reason to sign a guy for more than 2 years, especially if he's already 29, if no one is offering longer?