Olsen traded to Carolina Panthers

Chitownhustla

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless that player is Jordan Gross, Jeff Otah, Jon Beason, or Steve Smith.... terrible deal.

It depends. The Bears are banking on Martz being their OC for many years to come, apparently, and a pass catching TE isn't valuable in his offense.

If they only plan on keeping Martz around for another year or 2, then yes, this is a brutal trade.

It will be interesting to see who we get back.

I cant say i'll be sad to see a TE who cant outmuscle a cb for jump ball leave.

His play was too soft for my taste.

I liked Olsen but until I know what we got I am not going to judge. Olsen does not fit Martz's scheme so I completely understand the trade.

Peace :dabears

Anyone else have the feeling that there isn't much of a dropoff if any to Kellen Davis anyway?

This. What did Olsen have, 500 yards receiving last year? Got to believe Davis could approximate that. I don't have a problem with this (depending on the compensation).

Anyone else have the feeling that there isn't much of a dropoff if any to Kellen Davis anyway?

I agree, I like Kellen Davis a lot and I think he can replace Olsen in the starting lineup just fine. I do not think we will really miss Olsen that much. Wasn't it in Carolina where he fumbled 2 or 3 times in one game? If it was it is odd they would trade for him. What game was that he had butter fingers?

I liked Olsen but until I know what we got I am not going to judge. Olsen does not fit Martz's scheme so I completely understand the trade.

Peace :dabears

Before the deal was made I was sitting there thinking, "Olsen for Steve Smith . . . " if the players name hasn't been mentioned, he probably ain't good.

On one hand I agree, on the other, how much do you trust Martz? Hell, I defended Turner well past the bitter end. I was thrilled with the Martz signing. Having Cutler pass 50+ times the last game of the season against the Packers was unacceptable to the point I fear Martz is incompetent.

Huh? Isn't he only signed through this upcoming season? Martz isn't locked into anything remotely long term from my recollection.

It depends. The Bears are banking on Martz being their OC for many years to come, apparently, and a pass catching TE isn't valuable in his offense.

If they only plan on keeping Martz around for another year or 2, then yes, this is a brutal trade.

I agree, I like Kellen Davis a lot and I think he can replace Olsen in the starting lineup just fine. I do not think we will really miss Olsen that much. Wasn't it in Carolina where he fumbled 2 or 3 times in one game? If it was it is odd they would trade for him. What game was that he had butter fingers?

Looks like Martz wants to add Roy Williams.

I imagine. Get rid of his favortie target, do nothing to protect him and don't get him a legit WR.

Jay has to be thrilled.

At least right now, I don't blame anyone for being irritated.

We can put a positive spin and hope that he busts in CAR, that martz will be around longer than a season and won't make Jay pass 50 times in a game, that we do something else and picks up a great OL and/or WR. But, I personally am worried. This team has a tendency to rest on its laurels after some success. Look at right after the SB loss.

I bet Jay is pissed.