Roy Williams a Bear!

GakMan23

Anybody else think he dont make the team? If Fantuz plays anywhere near what he did in the CFL he would better then the best Williams can give. He is bigger and from all accounts has better hands then Williams, I would not be surprised if Williams gets let go during camp.

I highly doubt Williams gets cut. I am intrigued by Fantuz. Any other year he may have had a better chance, but with a short period of time to learn the playbook and Martz system, he will be a candidate for the PS, maybe.

We were likely going to sign one WR. I never had the impression we were impressed with Harvin, and I don't blame us for that. We also didn't think Santonio was worth it. I'd agree with that also. The WR's left were Sims-Walkers, Randy Moss, Malcolm Floyd, Braylon Edward, etc..

Roy Williams ain't much better or worse then any of these guys. Pick your poison.

It ain't like Larry Fitzgerald was out there to be had.

I really like this move. Williams struggled being a secondary option in Dallas and kind of gave up. That isn't a great indication about his attitude, but it also isn't going to be a problem in Chicago. He's going to get a lot of passes thrown his way and will have every opportunity to be a safety blanket to Mr. Cutler.

Add in the fact that he won't have to spend too much time learning the playbook and this move could turn out to be very beneficial. Williams is a pretty freakishly gifted athlete and I think he's very motivated to prove that he's an elite wideout (which is what he was in 06 and 07).

To terra-

Internet tough guys wanting to know another member's age. Get a life. I'm in my 20's. What does that even matter? It seems like you're 13, with your constant spam and overreaction to the smallest s***. Seriously, after every Bears loss, you post 7 new threads with 8 words each. Consider yourself lucky that this message board lacks members and activity, because you'd be banned on any other site, at least if I was a mod or admin.

If you don't like anything the FO does or players on the Bears do in the games, then become a fan of another team. Seriously. We all get it by now: you wish Jerry Angelo would jump off of a building, you wish Lovie would've been fired 5 years ago, you hate Cutler, Knox/Bennett/Hester all suck, WR is a huge need.

I remember an old poster on here that eventually got banned. He once said "Orton sucks. Jake Delhomme is a real QB who the Bears should go after." Point being, you two seem like the same people.

Get over yourself.

It doesn't mean you need to find a new team. I'm sure here and myself were fans way before the current FO came into power. Personally I am to the point that I am so disappointed, that I don't even post in forums, and not excited about football. It doesn't mean I need to root for the some what local Bengals,Philip Rivers' chargers because I am a fan of his skills or whatever.

I'm a Bears "fan" I just can't be fanatical about them anymore, and you can't get down on someone like terra who doesn't like a move. On paper Williams is what the Bears need, but the last few years he has been horrible. It could be a good signing if he was cheap and they were taking a gamble, but it's a pretty bad one imho if they paid him like a number 1.

I think that is the whole point of why it is a good signing. That and he is familar with Martz. Something that COULD go a long way in a short time.

I think you would have to say he is a #1 WR if he plays like he did in Detroit, or a piece of crap if he plays like he did in Dallas. The problem is who we get? He has Drake and Martz here, and is considered the go to guy, that is a good comfort zone for him. It is a low risk trial, but the problem is we wont be getting anybody else because of this move. He now is the best WR we have so we can only hope he works out.

It doesn't mean you need to find a new team. I'm sure here and myself were fans way before the current FO came into power. Personally I am to the point that I am so disappointed, that I don't even post in forums, and not excited about football. It doesn't mean I need to root for the some what local Bengals,Philip Rivers' chargers because I am a fan of his skills or whatever.

I'm a Bears "fan" I just can't be fanatical about them anymore, and you can't get down on someone like terra who doesn't like a move. On paper Williams is what the Bears need, but the last few years he has been horrible. It could be a good signing if he was cheap and they were taking a gamble, but it's a pretty bad one imho if they paid him like a number 1.

#1- They didn't pay Williams like a #1 WR. They gave him about $3m for 1 year.

#2- It's not that terra doesn't like "a" move. He doesn't like, and has never liked, ANY moves.

#3- That's fine. If you don't like the FO and their moves, then stop posting in forums, like you have. That's much better for other members than to constantly hear another member's nonstop b****ing.

You do realize that the Bears were in the NFC title game last year.........

#1- They didn't pay Williams like a #1 WR. They gave him about $3m for 1 year.

#2- It's not that terra doesn't like "a" move. He doesn't like, and has never liked, ANY moves.

#3- That's fine. If you don't like the FO and their moves, then stop posting in forums, like you have. That's much better for other members than to constantly hear another member's nonstop b****ing.

I've seen Terra post since the old board. He's like the Randy Quaid character in Major League. If you notice, his venom is directed toward football. Yours is toward him. Get over it cause he ain't gonna change for you. I personally like his style cause he gets things going. Speaking of: WTF is NFO???

I've seen Terra post since the old board. He's like the Randy Quaid character in Major League. If you notice, his venom is directed toward football. Yours is toward him. Get over it cause he ain't gonna change for you. I personally like his style cause he gets things going. Speaking of: WTF is NFO???

I have no hard feelings toward Terra as a person. I'm sure he/she is a great person. But the constant pessissism gets pretty f***ing old. I don't know how anyone could disagree.

What "venom" could terra have toward football? I doubt he has venom toward football, because if he did, he wouldn't continue to post in a football message board. But, if he has true venom toward football, perhaps he should take up tennis or something.

You do realize that the Bears were in the NFC title game last year.........

This is where everyone tells you how lucky they were..

:banghead

I have no hard feelings toward Terra as a person. I'm sure he/she is a great person. But the constant pessissism gets pretty f***ing old. I don't know how anyone could disagree.

What "venom" could terra have toward football? I doubt he has venom toward football, because if he did, he wouldn't continue to post in a football message board. But, if he has true venom toward football, perhaps he should take up tennis or something.

This is where everyone tells you how lucky they were..

:banghead

They paid Williams 1.5-2.0 million for one year. For him to take that, I assume he wants to prove people wrong , have a big year, and get a big contract and then suck again. Hey one year is better than nothing.

They paid Williams 1.5-2.0 million for one year. For him to take that, I assume he wants to prove people wrong , have a big year, and get a big contract and then suck again. Hey one year is better than nothing.

On one hand, that's one helluva a deal for Williams. On the other, the fact we paid so little is telling of how low the league thinks on him.

On one hand, that's one helluva a deal for Williams. On the other, the fact we paid so little is telling of how low the league thinks on him.

I absolutely love this deal. If he sucks he's gone at end of year but something tells me for him to agree to a contract like that just tells me he wants to prove himself so he can get pd again