State of Affairs

Stinger226

Cullen Jenkins is still there, and 50 of the top 80 FAs are still out there. There are lots of decent football players being released. I think we sign Kreutz and Jenkins and grab a couple of OLs and we could be vastly improved. Also we need a CB.

Love you optimism and I agree. Although, I'm starting to get concerned about the o-line. What guy is out there we are looking at?

Couple of thoughts......

Olson Trade: I understand that Greg is soft but was a pretty good TE for us. I know that Matt Spaeth was brought in to help protect Jay and along with K. Davis will provide bookend TE's when we go max protection or when they run the ball smash mouth. I just can not help thinking why the Bears could not get more than a 3rd pick for Olson? Nor why they could not trade him for a solid CB or OG?

Roy Williams: At first I was luke warm on this signing but now have mulled it over and think this is a solid pickup that did not break the bank. When Roy is focused and a primary target he still has a lot of talent.

Gholston: This is was another smart pick up with nothing to lose. If they can get some Mark Anderson's rookie season like production out of him on 3rd downs that would be a tremendous boost! You need to do 2 things at a high level in this league to have a chance at a SB; You have to be able to rush the passer and 2. you have to have an above average QB.

Free Agents Needs:

a quality starting C, OG, CB, and DT.

Does anyone know if there is any chance at a OG like Carl Nicks?

What are your thoughts on signing a CB like A. Cromartie or C. Rogers?

Couple of thoughts......

Olson Trade: I understand that Greg is soft but was a pretty good TE for us. I know that Matt Spaeth was brought in to help protect Jay and along with K. Davis will provide bookend TE's when we go max protection or when they run the ball smash mouth. I just can not help thinking why the Bears could not get more than a 3rd pick for Olson? Nor why they could not trade him for a solid CB or OG?

Roy Williams: At first I was luke warm on this signing but now have mulled it over and think this is a solid pickup that did not break the bank. When Roy is focused and a primary target he still has a lot of talent.

Gholston: This is was another smart pick up with nothing to lose. If they can get some Mark Anderson's rookie season like production out of him on 3rd downs that would be a tremendous boost! You need to do 2 things at a high level in this league to have a chance at a SB; You have to be able to rush the passer and 2. you have to have an above average QB.

Free Agents Needs:

a quality starting C, OG, CB, and DT.

Does anyone know if there is any chance at a OG like Carl Nicks?

What are your thoughts on signing a CB like A. Cromartie or C. Rogers?

If you look at what people get for players , you will realize getting a 3rd round pick is very good for someone like Olsen.

The point with Olsen is that once Roy Williams became available he became expendable. He's a good TE and I'm not happy about losing him but the reality is he doesn't fit our scheme. Instead of giving Olsen the new contract he wanted and deserved we simply took that money and gave a bit to Williams and some other soon to be Bears. At the end of this the question will be did we get better value from Olsen's new contract by giving that money to Williams and the other player we end up signing plus the 3rd Rd pick. As of right now I think the combo of Williams/Spaeth is better for our offense than just Olsen. It might be better than Olsen/Williams too because protecting Cutler must happen this year.

We weren't that far off from going to the Superbowl last year and in two (I believe related) moves we are at least equal and maybe better than we were this season.