Namdi To Eagles

lemonej

He made more money last year. Quite frankly, I'm shocked. Again, I don't understand why the Bears didn't even contact this guy. Our secondary is weak as crap and we could have used someone that can shut his man down. Especially playing in a division that has two great receivers in Calvin Johnson and Greg Jennings..

Meanwhile, now that the Eagles get Nmadi and they just received Rodgers-Cromartie in the Kolb trade, it doesn't seem like they have much need for Asante Samuels anymore. Not to mention he's an excellent zone coverage corner. He'd be a great fit.

Charles Woodson is 34 and still going strong. I don't see any reason why he can't keep playing at a high level. Especially considering his style of play. I guess only time will tell.

His style of play? Asomugha is one of the best tackling CB's around. He loves to come up in the box and hit RB's, whether it's on a run or screen play. He loves to hit WR's on WR screens also.

He's making about $10 mil a year but only about $25 mil of his contract is guaranteed. In 3 years they can cut or restructure him if he looks that bad.

lol I was following the twitter feeds at the moment the Jets and Cowboys were out and a "mystery" team was in play. I was hoping it was the Bears....

His style of play? Asomugha is one of the best tackling CB's around. He loves to come up in the box and hit RB's, whether it's on a run or screen play. He loves to hit WR's on WR screens also.

mmmm not quite. He's never really been a guy that's been known for his tackling ability. He only registered 17 tackles last season and 34 the year before. So he's not always mixing it up as much as a Charles Woodson would be. He saves his body well though. Nnamdi is a guy that can completely shut down whatever side of the field he's on because of his coverage ability to not only stay with his man but recover when the ball is in the air. If you look at his interception numbers, you would think he's just your average Joe, but then look at the numbers the opposing receivers put up, or lack there of, and you'll see why his interceptions are down.

mmmm not quite. He's never really been a guy that's been known for his tackling ability. He only registered 17 tackles last season and 34 the year before. So he's not always mixing it up as much as a Charles Woodson would be. He saves his body well though. Nnamdi is a guy that can completely shut down whatever side of the field he's on because of his coverage ability to not only stay with his man but recover when the ball is in the air. If you look at his interception numbers, you would think he's just your average Joe, but then look at the numbers the opposing receivers put up, or lack there of, and you'll see why his interceptions are down.

Watch some of his highlights. He hits as hard as any CB in football. He doesn't register a lot of tackles because he doesn't get thrown at a lot.

Watch some of his highlights. He hits as hard as any CB in football. He doesn't register a lot of tackles because he doesn't get thrown at a lot.

Which is my point. He gets to save his body by virtue of not getting the ball thrown his way alot. I don't see why he couldn't keep doing this into his mid 30's.