A needed perspective

Stinger226

I look at all the moves the Bears make and shake my head. Nothing spetacular, but at least they have did something and arent done yet. I think they had a good draft, if they get Kueutz back will be an ok FAgency. The thing I need to realize is WITH a bad offensive line, poor WRs, and a sprint to put able bodies in the secondary, they still made it to the NFC title game. I have to say I need to be a little more positive about their stupidity.

Guest TerraTor
I look at all the moves the Bears make and shake my head. Nothing spetacular, but at least they have did something and arent done yet. I think they had a good draft, if they get Kueutz back will be an ok FAgency. The thing I need to realize is WITH a bad offensive line, poor WRs, and a sprint to put able bodies in the secondary, they still made it to the NFC title game. I have to say I need to be a little more positive about their stupidity.

Personally, I think its been nothing short of bad. Traded your best WR for nothing, Havent done much of anything to protect your QB.

Personally, I think its been nothing short of bad. Traded your best WR for nothing, Havent done much of anything to protect your QB.

Getting what's likely to be a high 3rd for Olsen ain't bad.

That being said, I'm leaning more and more towards your line of thinking. We've had FA for a week, and we've still got to be at least 30 million under the cap.

Getting what's likely to be a high 3rd for Olsen ain't bad.

That being said, I'm leaning more and more towards your line of thinking. We've had FA for a week, and we've still got to be at least 30 million under the cap.

Dont you think all these cheap pickups may mean we have lots of money to pay a couple of OL , CB, and Kruetz.

Guest TerraTor
Dont you think all these cheap pickups may mean we have lots of money to pay a couple of OL , CB, and Kruetz.

You'd think that...but where are they?

With all the angst over what moves were made or not made the Bears were still 2 freakin plays from the Super Bowl with that awful line and bad FO. They didn't need a major overhaul. They needed to tweak some things.First and foremost Martz needs to realize that in bad weather in Chicago you need to run the ball and pick your spots when you go down the field.If Olin Kreutz is not going to be back then Tice should immediately come out and say who is playing where and lock that in from day one instead of the musical chairs they played on the line from TC through game 4.The one good thing is that all the positions that need to be decided on the field in pads will be, none of this OTA in shorts declared starters crap. As far as the Olsen trade goes that is another JA 1st rounder that is no longer with the team. So lets count them: Haynes,Grossman,Colombo,Benson,Harris and Olsen. JA has made 8 picks in the first round and has gotten rid of 6 of them leaving Carimi and Williams still here. That is sad and if we throw in the 2nd and 3rd round we only have Briggs,Tillman,Hester, Forte and Wright. As much as I support this team for my 46 plus years this GM is clearly struggling when it comes to selecting and developing players. With all this being replayed over and over again the Bears are still the 2nd best team in the best division in football.

I'm going to sit back and wait 'til the dust settles and take my annual B-day visit to TC and post what I think they look like they are doing and who looks good and who looks bad.

Yeah but all the big money OL are gone, no?

I will say this though, if the plan is to try to get some young talent on the cheap that didnt pan out elsewhere I wouldn't mind taking a flyer of that Okoye kid from the Texans, he is still only 24.

Guest TerraTor
Yeah but all the big money OL are gone, no?

I will say this though, if the plan is to try to get some young talent on the cheap that didnt pan out elsewhere I wouldn't mind taking a flyer of that Okoye kid from the Texans, he is still only 24.

Funny, Okoye has averaged more sacks per year than the great Haynesworth..and obviously isnt human trash like him

That's a heck of a perspective!

With all the angst over what moves were made or not made the Bears were still 2 freakin plays from the Super Bowl with that awful line and bad FO. They didn't need a major overhaul. They needed to tweak some things.First and foremost Martz needs to realize that in bad weather in Chicago you need to run the ball and pick your spots when you go down the field.If Olin Kreutz is not going to be back then Tice should immediately come out and say who is playing where and lock that in from day one instead of the musical chairs they played on the line from TC through game 4.The one good thing is that all the positions that need to be decided on the field in pads will be, none of this OTA in shorts declared starters crap. As far as the Olsen trade goes that is another JA 1st rounder that is no longer with the team. So lets count them: Haynes,Grossman,Colombo,Benson,Harris and Olsen. JA has made 8 picks in the first round and has gotten rid of 6 of them leaving Carimi and Williams still here. That is sad and if we throw in the 2nd and 3rd round we only have Briggs,Tillman,Hester, Forte and Wright. As much as I support this team for my 46 plus years this GM is clearly struggling when it comes to selecting and developing players. With all this being replayed over and over again the Bears are still the 2nd best team in the best division in football.

I'm going to sit back and wait 'til the dust settles and take my annual B-day visit to TC and post what I think they look like they are doing and who looks good and who looks bad.