Giants Shopping Umenyiora?

Guest TerraTor

Do you think 2 3rds will get it done? I dont think so. I would love it. And yes i can imagine it, there may be another 9 sack half, just not against the Bears....FOR the Bears!!

That would great to get Osi, but that would just be a dream. I don't have so much faith in the front office to pull off a move like that but I can always dream

That would great to get Osi, but that would just be a dream. I don't have so much faith in the front office to pull off a move like that but I can always dream

Yea, you are right, the Bears would never go out and pick up a top DE in the off season to bolster out defense, ooops, wait a minute, they did that last year, why not again :pray

Yea, you are right, the Bears would never go out and pick up a top DE in the off season to bolster out defense, ooops, wait a minute, they did that last year, why not again :pray

Like I said I don't have that much faith. Lol. But I will continue to pray to those football gods

Link

The New York Giants have given permission to the agent of Osi Umenyiora to work out a trade for the two-time Pro Bowl defensive end, a league source told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

The Giants want a first-round pick in exchange for Umenyiora, who continues to be unhappy with his contract status even after a meeting with team officials over the weekend, the source said.

In a word: No

I know Jason and I will agree on this.

HAHA. Good one. Wrong though. Remember, I'm not all about throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I want the Bears to improve EVERY position. I just don't want them to virtually ignore the position in most need.

As for Osi Umenyiora, I think he would have be an AWESOME pickup for the Bears. I would love to see him and Peppers collapsing the pocket on every single play. I just wonder about the money he currently demands and the amount he'll want for a future deal.

I'd love Umenyiora, but I'm not trading 1st or 2nd rounders for him. If they want 2 3rd's, I suppose I'd do that. However, one of those 3rd rounders is likely to be an early pick (given that the Panthers suck). And those picks could easily help us address the oline (potentially a center or guard that falls) or LB/DT/CB, etc.

The New York Giants are no longer allowing Osi Umenyiora and his agent to seek a trade, according to sources.

The Giants gave the defensive end and agent Tony Agnone permission to seek out a trade earlier this week. But that window has closed, sources confirmed. The team's decision was first reported by the Newark Star-Ledger.

Agnone was unable to find a trade partner willing to surrender a first-round pick to the Giants in return for the disgruntled defensive end, who is seeking a new contract to replace the one that has nearly a total of $8 million remaining on the final two years.

Where this takes the Umenyiora saga from here remains to be seen. A source said that the Giants may still discuss trading Umenyiora with teams, but it is clear they will not be able to receive a first-round pick as compensation.

The Giants would love to keep Umenyiora on the team, but the defensive end is adamant about getting a raise after posting 11.5 sacks and 10 forced fumbles last season. Umenyiora has been in camp since Saturday but has not practiced, instead watching from the sideline. Coach Tom Coughlin said the defensive end's surgically repaired hip is not the reason why he has not practiced yet.

Per Twitter - Asking price for Osi Uminyiora dropped to a 2nd RD pick. We likely have a Top5 3rd Rounder (ours...jk)..already. Any thoughts?

I love the idea, except I was listening to the SCORE and they asked NFL expert Mike Lombardi about it. He said that Uminyiora is basically a 3rd down DE because he is terrible against the run and teams will go right at him.

That and he wants a ton of money and will cost a high draft pick. Put it that way, does anybody still want this deal?

High draft pick + high salary for a situational pass rusher ='s bad deal.

Consider this a *bump*. This isn't over yet...not by a long shot. The only reason I added this is the part of the Bears. Rumors are true...somewhat. Stay tuned.

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/208519/...ver-giants-move

Two more teams - the Bears and Patriots - jumped in late after an erroneous report said the Giants would settle for a second-round pick.
So the Bears would give up a late 2nd for him but not a late first. Sounds about right to me.

So the Bears would give up a late 2nd for him but not a late first. Sounds about right to me.

Not only will Osi cost a high pick, but will require a new contract. Considering the Bears need to extend Forte and have other holes to fill....I'd rather not. We've spent a ton on Peppers (worth every cent), lost out on Gaines Adams (RIP), have been developing Corey Wooten, enjoyed the emergence of Israel Idonije, Henry Melton is going to be a beast (probably inside but can play on the outside), and the flyer on Vernon Gholston is a great gamble to me. The Bears have already invested so much into their DEs and have enough promise currently on the club to pass on Osi all together.

For all the DL 'experts' we have on our coaching staff...why do we have to keep buying high on DL? Put those experts to work here...you've bought enough for them already.

However, I'll at least admit the thought of adding Osi is extremely tempting...but the spending would be unnecessary.

Not only will Osi cost a high pick, but will require a new contract. Considering the Bears need to extend Forte and have other holes to fill....I'd rather not. We've spent a ton on Peppers (worth every cent), lost out on Gaines Adams (RIP), have been developing Corey Wooten, enjoyed the emergence of Israel Idonije, Henry Melton is going to be a beast (probably inside but can play on the outside), and the flyer on Vernon Gholston is a great gamble to me. The Bears have already invested so much into their DEs and have enough promise currently on the club to pass on Osi all together.

For all the DL 'experts' we have on our coaching staff...why do we have to keep buying high on DL? Put those experts to work here...you've bought enough for them already.

However, I'll at least admit the thought of adding Osi is extremely tempting...but the spending would be unnecessary.

The Bears have the money to spend...it would be worth it...but that's why I'd have no urge to give up a first.

A late 2nd rounder would work.