amobi Okoye signs with Bears

bowlingtwig

A day after signing former first-rounders Roy Williams and Vernon Gholston, multiple sources told the Tribune the Bears have agreed to terms with defensive tackle Amobi Okoye, the 10th overall pick in the 2007 draft. Okoye will get a one-year contract.

Okoye was released by the Houston Texans.

Link

No.

I think the Bears have moderately upgraded their whole defensive front, with some potential for one of these guys to bust out as a large upgrade.

Well yes, they certainly have, but I think they upgraded it when they drafted Paea and released Harris.

Signing Okoye is an alright move- he might have 3-4 sacks this year. Signing Gholston is a long, long shot at helping the team at all.

No.

I think the Bears have moderately upgraded their whole defensive front, with some potential for one of these guys to bust out as a large upgrade.

I agree. I like both moves. They do not have to be the stars, and they are still both young and talented. Here's hoping the change will do them good.

This is another wise signing. Although it is on the wrong line but still, should work out one way or the other. Something to read is this article regarding Okoye when he was being "shopped" by Houston. The interesting line is about the fact he is 24 and won't be 25 until next June. Getting Okoye is almost like a free draft pick.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...mobi-okoye.html

And since Kreutz was mentioned I will weigh in on that. I like the guy, love his tradition with the Bears and leadership qualities, but if he hasn't signed ANY offer (or even considered it) then I'm sorry. Time for him to go. His actual worth isn't what he hoped it would be. If he is on FA status right now and he was worth more, he would have been gone. That being said, give him one last chance to sign the deal and move on. Enough of this time wasting.

This is another wise signing. Although it is on the wrong line but still, should work out one way or the other. Something to read is this article regarding Okoye when he was being "shopped" by Houston. The interesting line is about the fact he is 24 and won't be 25 until next June. Getting Okoye is almost like a free draft pick.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...mobi-okoye.html

And since Kreutz was mentioned I will weigh in on that. I like the guy, love his tradition with the Bears and leadership qualities, but if he hasn't signed ANY offer (or even considered it) then I'm sorry. Time for him to go. His actual worth isn't what he hoped it would be. If he is on FA status right now and he was worth more, he would have been gone. That being said, give him one last chance to sign the deal and move on. Enough of this time wasting.

Free agents cannot practice until Thursday so there is no hurry on Kruetz. I am hoping cooler heads prevail.

Peace :dabears

I'd still cover you cereal!

Love the move!

LOVE IT!

Our huge selling feature is playing next to the man Peppers! He will make everyone better by pure default! I can even imagine GOulston getting sacks now!

I'll put tte kool aid down...

Vaughn McClure of the Tribune is reporting we have signed Okoye to a 1 year deal. I'm excited. Not even Terra can piss in my cereal now lol

I"m sorry CHile, that's just unacceptable. Low-balling Kreutz this season is f&*king not smart. Connor will rip me, but the Bears are seriously being cheap on this one. We have cap room coming out ot of our arses. THis is not the time dammit. I'm truly angered by this inaction...

Okay. Lets move on. Thnk you Olin and good luck. Now Tice needs to earn his pay, again.

THis is a great pick again on the cheap. I don't think anyone is expecting much from Gholston.

Pepper, Paea, Okoye, Izzy.... Nice.

And now we have some great depth!

Well yes, they certainly have, but I think they upgraded it when they drafted Paea and released Harris.

Signing Okoye is an alright move- he might have 3-4 sacks this year. Signing Gholston is a long, long shot at helping the team at all.

I"m sorry CHile, that's just unacceptable. Low-balling Kreutz this season is f&*king not smart. Connor will rip me, but the Bears are seriously being cheap on this one. We have cap room coming out ot of our arses. THis is not the time dammit. I'm truly angered by this inaction...

They aren't really low balling him. They are offering him a raise.

Mad L I'll bite. Why is that unacceptable when the player's skills is truly on the decline. Tommie Harris got cut as well as Maynard for the very same reason and telling Kreutz this is what we will give you for one year makes sense and if he could have gotten a better deal elswhere it would have happened by now.