Lofa Tatupu

bowlingtwig

I'm hearing that the Seachickens asked Lofa to take a pay cut. He said and has now asked for him release and it sounds like the team will relunctly release him. I'd like to bring him in. Briggs, Urlacher and Lofa would be a. Very dangerous trio and he does have ties to Ruskell. :)

I'm hearing that the Seachickens asked Lofa to take a pay cut. He said and has now asked for him release and it sounds like the team will relunctly release him. I'd like to bring him in. Briggs, Urlacher and Lofa would be a. Very dangerous trio and he does have ties to Ruskell. :)

Probably not because of two words: "cost" and "need".

The Bears have been needing a long term replacement for Urlacher for a while. If you can start him off in the system at the corner and get good performance out of that, and then have him able to move to the Middle if Urls gets hurt, that is a move to make the team better.

The original point about "cost" and "need" are, if I'm not mistaken, is that Totupu is wanting a large contract. Hence why Seattle is parting ways. Why would the Bears want to spend that much on a player where the "need" isn't as much say on the OL? What happened to that being more the "need"? And since when did MLB become an issue? As far as Urlachers replacement (or stand in) isn't that what Roach is for?