Thank you Olin

Connorbear

Thanks for the great 13 years. Best of luck moving forward. You will always be a Bear IMO.

Peace :dabears

This time comes in every players career, thought it would be a year from now, but its today. The only thing I worry about is not his play level, that was falling, but his leadership replacement.

Even though his play dramatically slipped over the last few years, I can't believe Angelo didn't resign him. His importance to the team goes beyond his play at center. He was the unquestioned leader of the team on the field and in the locker room. He will be missed.

I couldn't have said it any better.

If the leader can't play well you have a problem. What's he going to say "I know I can't block that guy but you need to block him"?

Did I like the idea of having Kreutz experience at calling out the blocking assignments? Yes. I don't see why Spencer can't handle the same with his experience. In that case it means all we're losing is some locker room leadership. There are other players to take up that role and for the Oline I suspect it will be Garza. Do I like the idea of having a younger, bigger, and stronger guy in there for short yardage plays? Yes.

Find some help for OG.

Sorry have to disagree, Other have to step up. Cutler, Url, Peppers. There is plenty to take his place.

Yep, Time for someone else to step up. Hell, did we think Olin would stick here forever? And do we really believe the TEAM will collapse without him? I don't.

I have seen some posts on other boards saying how stupid it was for Angelo to not give the extra 500k to keep Olin, why not? Well, it works 2 ways, why didn't Olin, if he wanted to play here, agree for 4 Million instead of 4.5 million? I am sorry to see him go but does he really think anyone else is going to pay him 4 million? I do not think so.

I have seen some posts on other boards saying how stupid it was for Angelo to not give the extra 500k to keep Olin, why not? Well, it works 2 ways, why didn't Olin, if he wanted to play here, agree for 4 Million instead of 4.5 million? I am sorry to see him go but does he really think anyone else is going to pay him 4 million? I do not think so.

I don't fault either side. Sooner or later he was done. I wish him the best of luck but it is time to move on.

Peace :dabears