Following the trend of Cowgirls

Guest TerraTor

I just bumped my Dahl thread for who is left.

I haven't heard any rumors, and I'd rather have Waters over Davis if they're going for 34 year old OG's.

You might as well forget anymore olinemen. JA basically hinted during his press conference today that we are done looking for oline. This blows I was really hoping for either a T or a G or hell why not do both. But this may also be a smoke screen and he just didn't want to tip his hand

Guest TerraTor
You might as well forget anymore olinemen. JA basically hinted during his press conference today that we are done looking for oline. This blows I was really hoping for either a T or a G or hell why not do both. But this may also be a smoke screen and he just didn't want to tip his hand

Rather sad I'd say. Cant believe they are going with basically same guys as last year.

Rather sad I'd say. Cant believe they are going with basically same guys as last year.

I hope they are not counting on Cris Williams to be a stud on the o-line. I think he is a bust. We have Spencer , that on the field will be an upgrade. I would think Carmi on the right side will merit an upgrade after a few games. But Webb isnt ready for the LT spot yet, Garza can probably be average at RG, but we need a LG.

Guest TerraTor
I hope they are not counting on Cris Williams to be a stud on the o-line. I think he is a bust. We have Spencer , that on the field will be an upgrade. I would think Carmi on the right side will merit an upgrade after a few games. But Webb isnt ready for the LT spot yet, Garza can probably be average at RG, but we need a LG.

Webb should be OG

1. It's pathetic if the Bears don't get OL help. Moronic. It was, and still is, the team's number one priority. And the difference between #1 and #2 wasn't/isn't even close. But we see, yet again, that the Bears' FO thinks the DL is the favorite kid and the OL is the ugly, adopted, step-kid.

2. If Kreutz was released for what amounts to 500K, it's another stupid move.

3. I agree that Webb should be an OG. He's got the body for it, and his skills appear to be ill-suited for the OT position.

4. To fill the "hole" at OT, Williams should be moved back to his original OT position. He wasn't doing too poorly before he was moved inside for needs of the team. He certainly can't do worse than false start Frank or Webb.

Let's start understanding something about Kreutz...he wasn't let go over "$500k", he was let go because he wanted the Bears to pay him a ton more than he was currently worth. He wanted them to pay him a tribute for all those years of service, rather than being paid what a 34 year old underperforming center was worth.

Guest TerraTor

Balta -

I couldnt agree more. Kruetz barely deserved the Vet Minimum for the way he performed the past few years...

Regarding Chris Williams. Put him at LT and let him there unless Carimi is ready to go.....

1. It's pathetic if the Bears don't get OL help. Moronic. It was, and still is, the team's number one priority. And the difference between #1 and #2 wasn't/isn't even close. But we see, yet again, that the Bears' FO thinks the DL is the favorite kid and the OL is the ugly, adopted, step-kid.

2. If Kreutz was released for what amounts to 500K, it's another stupid move.

3. I agree that Webb should be an OG. He's got the body for it, and his skills appear to be ill-suited for the OT position.

4. To fill the "hole" at OT, Williams should be moved back to his original OT position. He wasn't doing too poorly before he was moved inside for needs of the team. He certainly can't do worse than false start Frank or Webb.

Last season every time I watched a play in slo-mo Kreutz is getting blown up in 1on1 situations. I can't recall seeing him block anyone 1on1. He was always an undersized C and relied on his quickness to keep position on bigger DTs, or get to one side to assist an OG who was beat. At his age he's still undersized but doesn't have the quickness he used to have. I really respect his career with the Bears, he's one of the great ones. However, it seems clear nobody else is willing to pay him what the Bears were offering so the comments about the Bears being cheap, or trying to short-change him is totally wrong.

They offered him more than market value because he had more value to our team than any other team and he refused it. As a team we had to move on because we have areas to address and you can't leave that money sitting there committed to a guy who wants to keep negotiating. Everyone knew this FA period was going to be fast and furious including the players. The team needed an answer and got it, now we move on.

As always Bears fans, and in this case the media, seem to over-value our own players more than anyone else. In this case our Oline was horrible last year and like it or not Kreutz was part of the reason it was so bad. Will his leadership be missed, likely, but right now we need players on the field who can perform not locker room leaders.

Last season every time I watched a play in slo-mo Kreutz is getting blown up in 1on1 situations. I can't recall seeing him block anyone 1on1. He was always an undersized C and relied on his quickness to keep position on bigger DTs, or get to one side to assist an OG who was beat. At his age he's still undersized but doesn't have the quickness he used to have. I really respect his career with the Bears, he's one of the great ones. However, it seems clear nobody else is willing to pay him what the Bears were offering so the comments about the Bears being cheap, or trying to short-change him is totally wrong.

They offered him more than market value because he had more value to our team than any other team and he refused it. As a team we had to move on because we have areas to address and you can't leave that money sitting there committed to a guy who wants to keep negotiating. Everyone knew this FA period was going to be fast and furious including the players. The team needed an answer and got it, now we move on.

As always Bears fans, and in this case the media, seem to over-value our own players more than anyone else. In this case our Oline was horrible last year and like it or not Kreutz was part of the reason it was so bad. Will his leadership be missed, likely, but right now we need players on the field who can perform not locker room leaders.

I'm willing to bet if you had video of EVERY one-on-one, Olin held his own. And when compared to the one-on-one opportunities of the other guys on the OL, he probably performed better. I don't know where the notion that Olin wasn't the Bears' best OLineman last year has come from. I really don't think it's even up for debate. The only possible consideration is Garza, and he was far from great. And those statements don't even consider the very distinct probability that he was constantly worrying about covering down on his left AND his right for OGs (mostly LG) who weren't exactly studs last year. The Center is the most vulnerable player (i.e. head down) on the OL because he has a slight disadvantage when it comes to timing. It's very natural, and quite common, for defenses to attempt to exploit the gaps on either side of the C. Yet Olin was still better than the others on the OL. Oh, and he called the blocking assignments.

Look, I'm not saying he was the same as he was 10 years ago. I'm not saying he's an all-star or the Bears' offer wasn't really enough for his current status. I don't think anyone is saying that. But he was undoubtedly the leader of the OL, maybe even the clubhouse, and his absence will hurt the performance of the OL. That's scary considering the pile of shit the OL imitated most of 2010. Debate semantics all you want, but the reason Olin left can be quantified financially: 500K. For a team so far under the cap, that sum doesn't seem extraordinary as a parting pat on the back for an all-time Bears player. It's not uncommon in any sport, and it would have been a good move all around. Kreutz probably shouldn't have played hardball, but I think he realized his value. I don't think the Bears FO realizes it. Morrissey wrote a great article about the situation:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...jay-cutler.html

Let's start understanding something about Kreutz...he wasn't let go over "$500k", he was let go because he wanted the Bears to pay him a ton more than he was currently worth. He wanted them to pay him a tribute for all those years of service, rather than being paid what a 34 year old underperforming center was worth.

Agree. $4mil for one year was a tribute in and of itslef. He just wanted a bit more or retire. So he's not that interested in playing, just getting some more $. We needed to move on for our future. I sure hope Spencer pans out.

And yes, I am a memeber of the "We need Oline help through FA NOW" group. I just don't have Tice & company's trust in the group we've got. Leadership in the ockerroom is not great play on the field. Olin is gone,now we needto build a viable OL.