I just threw up in my mouth

jason

Well, you certianly have more couth than I...becasue I just hurled all over my computer like the excorcist!

"The 1st team unit looked like this: LT Frank Omiyale, LG Chris Williams, C Roberto Garza, RG Lance Louis, RT J’Marcus Webb"

Somehow, the OL got WORSE.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/07/30/bea...st-day-of-camp/

Well, you certianly have more couth than I...becasue I just hurled all over my computer like the excorcist!

I am certain that will not be the starting unit come the first preseason game. Just mixing it up to get different looks on tape, that way when they look at side by side videos they can see differences in foot speed, pad level and so forth.

Any pairing of those guys with Omiyale in the mix will bring forth mass quantities of spewing...

I am certain that will not be the starting unit come the first preseason game. Just mixing it up to get different looks on tape, that way when they look at side by side videos they can see differences in foot speed, pad level and so forth.

Leopards don't change spots!

Pulling a Kevin Bacon in Animal House and saying "all's well, there's no need to panic!" probably won't work when what we're seeing on the OL gives a serious legit concern.

kevin_bacon_animal_house1233937456.jpg?w

We will see...but color me concerned. And not to put words in jason's mouth, but I believe he is as well. So that makes at least 2 of us concerned.

Oh brother. :shakehead

Thanks Ashkum for trying....

No reason to panic about that line up yet. That article was from Saturday. The article from this morning

http://www.chicagotribune.com/site/newspap...0,1132442.story

stated that the first team going forward will be

Webb - Williams - Garza - Louis - Carimi

Spencer will start with the second team on Thursday due to his inexperience with the offense and will compete with garza. If spencer wins the job garza will shift back to RG and Louis will compete against Willaims for LG

No reason to panic about that line up yet. That article was from Saturday. The article from this morning

http://www.chicagotribune.com/site/newspap...0,1132442.story

stated that the first team going forward will be

Webb - Williams - Garza - Louis - Carimi

Spencer will start with the second team on Thursday due to his inexperience with the offense and will compete with garza. If spencer wins the job garza will shift back to RG and Louis will compete against Willaims for LG

Spencer can't participate until Thurs due to new CBA rules for all FAs.

Dint he just say that?

Kinda sorta he did but I'm figuring that per Lovie's comments("Keep Everything In Pencil" was his response when he was asked about Carimi playing on the rightside today) today that its only a matter of time before he is on the first unit. Lovie has always treated holdouts and newcomers the same. Starting them off on the second unit for at least a day or two.

Well the pad line up was this

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/mul...lip=Y&rn=10

Besides that article was before pads, Now its entirley different

It seems likely the starting 5 will be LT Webb, LG Garza, C Spencer, RG Williams or Louis, and RT Carimi in that order.

We've switched J Webb to LT. IMO that's a bad idea. I was never convinced he should be a starting RT.

Garza--solid

Spencer--check

Williams/Louis--Williams was bad and Louis couldn't earn playing time. But this year will be different???

Carimi--He's a rookie . . .

That looks and smells like a really, really, really, bad o-line. Maybe the coaches & JA are right, but god it looks awful on paper.

It seems likely the starting 5 will be LT Webb, LG Garza, C Spencer, RG Williams or Louis, and RT Carimi in that order.

We've switched J Webb to LT. IMO that's a bad idea. I was never convinced he should be a starting RT.

Garza--solid

Spencer--check

Williams/Louis--Williams was bad and Louis couldn't earn playing time. But this year will be different???

Carimi--He's a rookie . . .

That looks and smells like a really, really, really, bad o-line. Maybe the coaches & JA are right, but god it looks awful on paper.

Webb is natural Left tackle, After last year seing how he preformed (if you look at tape) he greatly improved from middle to end of season

And for Louis , He was hurt early on with a knee, After comming back he could not break into the line, Strength was lost in Leg. This year will be different, And tice feels Louis is the best guard on the team.

Webb is natural Left tackle, After last year seing how he preformed (if you look at tape) he greatly improved from middle to end of season

And for Louis , He was hurt early on with a knee, After comming back he could not break into the line, Strength was lost in Leg. This year will be different, And tice feels Louis is the best guard on the team.

Where did you hear that about Louis?

Where did you read that strength was lost in his leg? The Trib article says, "Louis started the season at right guard, but a minor knee injury in Week 4 derailed him and he never got back into the mix, largely because he was inconsistent and not ready." To me that indicates he wasn't ready to play and was just bad.

The chicagobears.com article only says Louis is working with the starters.

Last year in June, Tice said he didn't want to add another offensive lineman because he'd spent so much time working on their technique. Later he bragged up Asiata & Louis, calling them both starters. The season starts, Edwin Williams gets cut by Washington for being bad, and in about 10 minutes he's head of Louis & Asiata.

Last year we were told Louis was good. Now we are told he wasn't ready to play. But we should expect him to be good this year???

On a side note, his rookie year, Chris Williams was GIVEN the starting job at RT until he got hurt. He was bad and it was a terrible decision to just give that to him. Now we are doing the same thing for Carimi.

Heard it somewhere, Tice loves Louis, Big Fast and mean. Been so much news out there i really cant remember, But he said it did not totaly heal till after season was over.

As for Carimi, He is eons ahead of where C Williams was at when he joined the Bears, Williams was known as a dancing Bear type, Carimi is a Mauler in Harvey Dahl mold. I see Williamson the Bench if Tice has his way, He will be gone by next year.

On a side note, his rookie year, Chris Williams was GIVEN the starting job at RT until he got hurt. He was bad and it was a terrible decision to just give that to him. Now we are doing the same thing for Carimi.

Worth remembering though...Williams was never supposed to be a good RT. He was supposed to be a good pass-blocking LT, but his rookie season they had signed Pace, so he was forced out of that LT position for the veteran.

Second link:

"Players presently working with the first team are J’Marcus Webb at left tackle, Chris Williams at left guard, Roberto Garza at center, Lance Louis at right guard and rookie Gabe Carimi at right tackle."

To reiterate, Webb-Williams-Garza-Louis-Carimi.

Webb is rated here as the worst OLineman in the NFL last year (and that's worse than Omiyale!).

Williams isn't great at LG.

Garza is a downgrade at C from Kreutz.

Louis is a downgrade at RG from Garza.

Carimi is a rookie.

This is not something Bears' fans should be happy with.

Second link:

"Players presently working with the first team are J’Marcus Webb at left tackle, Chris Williams at left guard, Roberto Garza at center, Lance Louis at right guard and rookie Gabe Carimi at right tackle."

To reiterate, Webb-Williams-Garza-Louis-Carimi.

Webb is rated here as the worst OLineman in the NFL last year (and that's worse than Omiyale!).

Williams isn't great at LG.

Garza is a downgrade at C from Kreutz.

Louis is a downgrade at RG from Garza.

Carimi is a rookie.

This is not something Bears' fans should be happy with.

Rated Here? Who the hell is Khaled Elsayed

Never heard of the dude.

And the only team with a worse line than the Bears lost in the Super Bowl.

The other thing you can make a case on is that the lines' stats and ratings were negatively affected by the "genius" OC's play calling at the beginning of the year. As Martz was reeled in and made to balance the offensive play call the line performed better. At the beginning of the year, the line was set up for failure as Martz was asking them to do things they were not ready to do.

Hopefully, he will understand better what the line is capable of this year so we dont go through that terrible period again.

Let's not forget our genius reverted to his old ways in the last game of the season and in the NFC Championship game... We go normal in those, and it probably is us in the SB...

The other thing you can make a case on is that the lines' stats and ratings were negatively affected by the "genius" OC's play calling at the beginning of the year. As Martz was reeled in and made to balance the offensive play call the line performed better. At the beginning of the year, the line was set up for failure as Martz was asking them to do things they were not ready to do.

Hopefully, he will understand better what the line is capable of this year so we dont go through that terrible period again.

Let's not forget our genius reverted to his old ways in the last game of the season and in the NFC Championship game... We go normal in those, and it probably is us in the SB...

Really, Martz was going heavily downfield in the NFC Championship game? I don't remember that. I remember the Bears getting in trouble because Cutler got hurt early in the game, lost the ability to move or throw accurately, and then Todd Collins got a quarter.