Here is a vlog

azbearsfan

from drunkentailgater giving some thoughts on bears camp:

http://youtu.be/Lsfq-EVMj3A

I watched about 2 minutes of it. There was a creepy dude sitting in an unfinished room with Bears stuff on the walls talking about how great training camp was without all the fans. I'm guessing this was filmed in his parents basement and this guy has never maintained a regular job. Did it get better or am I missing something?

I watched about 2 minutes of it. There was a creepy dude sitting in an unfinished room with Bears stuff on the walls talking about how great training camp was without all the fans. I'm guessing this was filmed in his parents basement and this guy has never maintained a regular job. Did it get better or am I missing something?

Yes..... unfortunately bad economic times have reduced me to moving back in with my parents and setting up camp in their garage. This is what I refer to as Bears Central. I will be releasing information from the Bears organization that has only been given to me. I will be your most reliable source of Bears information!

Before you go to bed tonight in that Single bed you've had for the past 9 years of your life, please have your mommy reassure you that you will not grow up to live like me.

Damn, IT'S COLD IN THIS GARAGE....AND CREEPY TOO!

Whaaaaaahahahahahahaha,

U got called out!!!!!!!!!!!

Whaaaaaahahahahahahaha,

U got called out!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL.....I don't mind expressing myself in type or on cam. I'd sooner get on cam and tell someone, instead of beating my fingers to death till I get carpal-tunnel from typing on this damn keyboard. :drink

Welcome to the board, Its fun here.

I appreciate the welcome. I don't know if I'll be linking my vlogs to this site, this one was posted here that I noticed from an alert on my youtube channel. But depending on what the fans are like here will determine if I stick around or not. If it's like the Chicago Bears Message Board, littered with kids and trolls......I won't be here long. But if there are some cool people on here that make debate fun......I'll be more regular.

Thanks again! And if you do watch my videos, I hope you enjoy them. Just remember, they are targeted to other youtubers that argue with me on a constant basis about who's team is better than who's. LOL....it's a lot of fun and gets addictive. I just love making fun of them people.

LOL.....I don't mind expressing myself in type or on cam. I'd sooner get on cam and tell someone, instead of beating my fingers to death till I get carpal-tunnel from typing on this damn keyboard. :drink

I just though it was funny because he probably didnt think that you would see his "critique".

As far as this board goes, it can be good at times. My personal opinion is that it used to be better, but some of the better posters left or post only once in awhile.

I personally have stopped posting my opinion and debating as I dont have the time wade through the attacks anymore.

But I do like to post interesting video and articles because there is still a good groups of core guys here.

Some of the guys with a little positivity are starting to post more which I always like better.

Hopefully you continue to post here.

I like to try and find the positives. It's hard to cheer for a team or claim to be a fan of a team when all you talk is negative about it. Last season I told everyone that it was one of two directions, either a huge success or a major failure, but I leaned towards the successful season while everyone else said we'd be lucky to break .500 and wanted Lovie's head. The funny thing is nobody expected a NFC Championship appearance, yet when we lost it they felt we were entitled a SuperBowl Championship!

This season it's a bunch of questions again. But Roy Williams can be a major factor in that. Yes, he sucked in Dallas but, he knows this season and went to a ProBowl playing in it. He won't have the learning curve that a Rookie this season would have or a FA that would come in from a different system.

If the Bears can get past the first 3 weeks with a winning record.......we'll have a damn good shot again this season.

At least in my opinion.

And I do go to Camp Regularly....they have been looking good! Short and goal shouldn't be an issue with the addition of Marion Barber!

Thanks again.

Not sure if you saw my post before but any and all "insider" or front line stuff is muchly appreciated by a remotely located fan such as myself. Post on brother.

And for the record I am all for the additions of the recent "former" Cowboys (Barber, Williams and Hurd) and the other team discards. I'm excited at the prospect at all if not some of them working out. Barber is my type of runner. Smash mouth through the middle !!

Not sure if you saw my post before but any and all "insider" or front line stuff is muchly appreciated by a remotely located fan such as myself. Post on brother.

And for the record I am all for the additions of the recent "former" Cowboys (Barber, Williams and Hurd) and the other team discards. I'm excited at the prospect at all if not some of them working out. Barber is my type of runner. Smash mouth through the middle !!

Barber has very much looked like a bowling ball at camp. That is why I don't think Chester Taylor will be on the team by the end of next week. I'm guessing that they will cut Taylor and offer Forte a contract possibly in the same day! Financially a smart move. And I wouldn't doubt it if Forte doesn't step foot on Soldier Field till he has a contract.

I was rather ticked off that I went to practice tonight. They cut it short because they lost the lights on the practice field. Everyone thought the team was cut loose early and they ran past the crowds looking for autographs. I just now read that they relocated the practice to the local High School without the public. It's been a crazy offseason/preseason so far......lol....makes you wonder what the season is going to be like.

Thank you for the welcome too! :drink

Barber has very much looked like a bowling ball at camp. That is why I don't think Chester Taylor will be on the team by the end of next week. I'm guessing that they will cut Taylor and offer Forte a contract possibly in the same day! Financially a smart move. And I wouldn't doubt it if Forte doesn't step foot on Soldier Field till he has a contract.

I was rather ticked off that I went to practice tonight. They cut it short because they lost the lights on the practice field. Everyone thought the team was cut loose early and they ran past the crowds looking for autographs. I just now read that they relocated the practice to the local High School without the public. It's been a crazy offseason/preseason so far......lol....makes you wonder what the season is going to be like.

Thank you for the welcome too! :drink

I agree about the logjam at RB and feel that it doesn't make sense to try and divide carries between 3 backs when two of them clearly do the same thing(Forte and Taylor).Barber would be the perfect compliment to both guys styles of running. With Taylor being the veteran you would think they would cut him to give him a chance to catch on with another team.

The admins do a great job keeping things in order here. I can't say there are any kids, unless a couple posters do great acting jobs. Anytime there is a troll, they get run out fairly quickly. There's a core group of guys that post regularly, andother group that chime in often enough, another that post once every blue moon, and the rest that just watch the melee.

Here's hoping you'll be more regular...

I appreciate the welcome. I don't know if I'll be linking my vlogs to this site, this one was posted here that I noticed from an alert on my youtube channel. But depending on what the fans are like here will determine if I stick around or not. If it's like the Chicago Bears Message Board, littered with kids and trolls......I won't be here long. But if there are some cool people on here that make debate fun......I'll be more regular.

Thanks again! And if you do watch my videos, I hope you enjoy them. Just remember, they are targeted to other youtubers that argue with me on a constant basis about who's team is better than who's. LOL....it's a lot of fun and gets addictive. I just love making fun of them people.

Good to hear about Barber. That's the role we're all hoping he'll perform well.

Have you seen any of Conte? I really have not read or heard much.

I like to try and find the positives. It's hard to cheer for a team or claim to be a fan of a team when all you talk is negative about it. Last season I told everyone that it was one of two directions, either a huge success or a major failure, but I leaned towards the successful season while everyone else said we'd be lucky to break .500 and wanted Lovie's head. The funny thing is nobody expected a NFC Championship appearance, yet when we lost it they felt we were entitled a SuperBowl Championship!

This season it's a bunch of questions again. But Roy Williams can be a major factor in that. Yes, he sucked in Dallas but, he knows this season and went to a ProBowl playing in it. He won't have the learning curve that a Rookie this season would have or a FA that would come in from a different system.

If the Bears can get past the first 3 weeks with a winning record.......we'll have a damn good shot again this season.

At least in my opinion.

And I do go to Camp Regularly....they have been looking good! Short and goal shouldn't be an issue with the addition of Marion Barber!

Thanks again.

Good to hear about Barber. That's the role we're all hoping he'll perform well.

Have you seen any of Conte? I really have not read or heard much.

I haven't seen much of Conte....at least nothing really noticeable. It appears that Major Wright has the FS position locked down and Hitman Harris will be the SS this year.

I've been spending most of my time watching the OLine and the Receivers. As far as the Oline goes, Garza has been doing a good job at center and I now question if the pickup of Spencer was even worth our time of day. Carimi has been solid for the most part, just tends to make the mistakes a rookie would, then gets corrected by Tice immediately. Webb is making a good transition to the left side, but has his hands full with Peppers (who wouldn't). And I am not a fan of Chris Williams.....I think if Spencer does see any action this year it will be either replacing Williams or Lewis at Guard. (still scratching my head on Lance Lewis, he was drafted as a TE 2 years ago)

At the WR position it looks like Hurd will be filling in the spot that Rashied Davis had with appearing on the offense but contributing on special teams. Dallas fans I talk with didn't want to lose Hurd. They say he could have a huge upside and was a beast on special teams, he just didn't get the opportunity with the Cowboys. Cutler is throwing a lot to Williams, even when it's a walk through drill. Dane Sanzanbacher could make the practice squad, but I can't wait to see him in preseason. And the Bears let J'Marcus Webb's little brother Travis Cobb walk on and try out for the team. They've let him return some 2nd teams punt and I've seen little tossed is way. But what the Hell, maybe the guy could do something get noticed and play in Arena or Canada.......it was still a nice gesture for the Bears to give him an opportunity.

What's really got me wondering about the RB position is Unga. (remember him) He was a draft pick in some off the wall late draft last season that I had never heard of. He is BYU's all time leading rusher and was suppose to make a splash this season. If he makes the team, I think he will be our Fullback.......but I spend half my time at camp looking at the RB's asking myself "Where the Hell is 45?" It's clear that Forte is our guy at starter. The still practice with Chester Taylor, but his reps have been with the 3rd team. And Marion Barber has been worked in mainly with the 2nd team and brought in with the 1st team during short and goal situations. (That's when he's really impressive!)

Has anyone here from the board been making trips out to Bourbonais?

I haven't seen much of Conte....at least nothing really noticeable. It appears that Major Wright has the FS position locked down and Hitman Harris will be the SS this year.

I've been spending most of my time watching the OLine and the Receivers. As far as the Oline goes, Garza has been doing a good job at center and I now question if the pickup of Spencer was even worth our time of day. Carimi has been solid for the most part, just tends to make the mistakes a rookie would, then gets corrected by Tice immediately. Webb is making a good transition to the left side, but has his hands full with Peppers (who wouldn't). And I am not a fan of Chris Williams.....I think if Spencer does see any action this year it will be either replacing Williams or Lewis at Guard. (still scratching my head on Lance Lewis, he was drafted as a TE 2 years ago)

At the WR position it looks like Hurd will be filling in the spot that Rashied Davis had with appearing on the offense but contributing on special teams. Dallas fans I talk with didn't want to lose Hurd. They say he could have a huge upside and was a beast on special teams, he just didn't get the opportunity with the Cowboys. Cutler is throwing a lot to Williams, even when it's a walk through drill. Dane Sanzanbacher could make the practice squad, but I can't wait to see him in preseason. And the Bears let J'Marcus Webb's little brother Travis Cobb walk on and try out for the team. They've let him return some 2nd teams punt and I've seen little tossed is way. But what the Hell, maybe the guy could do something get noticed and play in Arena or Canada.......it was still a nice gesture for the Bears to give him an opportunity.

What's really got me wondering about the RB position is Unga. (remember him) He was a draft pick in some off the wall late draft last season that I had never heard of. He is BYU's all time leading rusher and was suppose to make a splash this season. If he makes the team, I think he will be our Fullback.......but I spend half my time at camp looking at the RB's asking myself "Where the Hell is 45?" It's clear that Forte is our guy at starter. The still practice with Chester Taylor, but his reps have been with the 3rd team. And Marion Barber has been worked in mainly with the 2nd team and brought in with the 1st team during short and goal situations. (That's when he's really impressive!)

Wow Travis Cobb and J Marcus Webb are brothers? How did you get that tidbit?

Wow Travis Cobb and J Marcus Webb are brothers? How did you get that tidbit?

Believe it or not, but because of my goofy youtube videos I have chatted back and forth with JWebb and his agent. His agent goes by the screen name CameraGyrl and she tossed that info out to me on twitter last week while I was at camp. She puts together his youtube videos and makes him interactive with the social internet.

JWebb is really active with his facebook and his youtube. If you ask him a question, he will respond in a video. (when he gets time to sit down with CameraGyrl)

Here's a link to his youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WIBSports

Thanks for the eyewitness reports. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the insight!

Now that we've established you're not a serial killer, please forgive my previous and future sarcasm, and welcome to the board.

Do you have any faith in Major Wright? He was either hurt or invisible all of last year.

I now question if the pickup of Spencer was even worth our time of day.

That's like driving around on 4 bald tires and questioning if you need a spare. It's all bad, it's just a matter of what/who blows first.

Carimi has been solid for the most part, just tends to make the mistakes a rookie would, then gets corrected by Tice immediately. Webb is making a good transition to the left side, but has his hands full with Peppers (who wouldn't). And I am not a fan of Chris Williams.....I think if Spencer does see any action this year it will be either replacing Williams or Lewis at Guard. (still scratching my head on Lance Lewis, he was drafted as a TE 2 years ago)

I suspect by next Tuesday, Louis and Williams will be replaced by Asiata and Josh Beekman.

At the WR position it looks like Hurd will be filling in the spot that Rashied Davis had with appearing on the offense but contributing on special teams. Dallas fans I talk with didn't want to lose Hurd. They say he could have a huge upside and was a beast on special teams, he just didn't get the opportunity with the Cowboys.

I hate it when gunners on special teams aren't given the chance to be gunners. If he wasn't gunning, was he punting?

Cutler is throwing a lot to Williams, even when it's a walk through drill.

If it was a walk through drill, weren't most of the balls overthrown?

Dane Sanzanbacher could make the practice squad, but I can't wait to see him in preseason.

I'm with you that Sanzanbacher is practice squad. I saw him the first Sunday practice and he looked slow. Yet the press seems to love him.

And the Bears let J'Marcus Webb's little brother Travis Cobb walk on and try out for the team. They've let him return some 2nd teams punt and I've seen little tossed is way. But what the Hell, maybe the guy could do something get noticed and play in Arena or Canada.......it was still a nice gesture for the Bears to give him an opportunity.

Nice info on Cobb. I actually thought he looked pretty damn impressive when I saw him.

Is Unga still out? I keep hearing "family reasons."

As mentioned, I went to the first Sunday practice which was two hand touch and lots of guys watching. Thanks for the updates and please keep us posted.

Do you have any faith in Major Wright? He was either hurt or invisible all of last year.

Last year Major Wright got a pulled hammy at Bourbonais which slowed down his development. And I don't think they gave him enough reps when the season went on. I'm a huge Gators fan and watched him play college ball. I've got all the faith in the world with Major Wright.

Thanks for the reply Bradjock! After reading all that you have said here and on the other thread about what I think about our radio media......I think we'll get along just fine! LOL.

I've been checking out the board and posting since I ran acrossed this last night and it's nice to see a bunch of people that share a lot of the same perspectives. Not only that....but it seems a lot of you are around my age, unlike a bunch of other boards. I'm sure I'll be a regular. Thanks for the welcome!

Last year Major Wright got a pulled hammy at Bourbonais which slowed down his development. And I don't think they gave him enough reps when the season went on. I'm a huge Gators fan and watched him play college ball. I've got all the faith in the world with Major Wright.

Thanks for the reply Bradjock! After reading all that you have said here and on the other thread about what I think about our radio media......I think we'll get along just fine! LOL.

I've been checking out the board and posting since I ran acrossed this last night and it's nice to see a bunch of people that share a lot of the same perspectives. Not only that....but it seems a lot of you are around my age, unlike a bunch of other boards. I'm sure I'll be a regular. Thanks for the welcome!

DNT the only thing that worries me about any safety that the Bears have is that they seem to be the flavor of the month. If we rewind the tape we can see Mike Brown and Mike Green in the begininng. Then we can see Brown with a Brendan McGowan,Then Brown and Harris,Brown and Manning, then Manning and Payne etc. The safety position in this version of the Cover 2 has been hard to defind.The only safeties who have played in this version of the defense that I can recall who made the Pro Bowl are John Lynch and Bob Sanders. Both of whom are considered SS. Now according to Lovie the position is suppossed to be interchangeable but the 2 guywho have had the most success in this system recently were both Strong safeties which in most defenses tend to be closer to the line of scrimmage or "in the box" as many analysts point out. The fact that we have a MLB that can drop as deep as some safeties hides the fact that this staff has never really found the star safety they covet.

DNT the only thing that worries me about any safety that the Bears have is that they seem to be the flavor of the month. If we rewind the tape we can see Mike Brown and Mike Green in the begininng. Then we can see Brown with a Brendan McGowan,Then Brown and Harris,Brown and Manning, then Manning and Payne etc. The safety position in this version of the Cover 2 has been hard to defind.The only safeties who have played in this version of the defense that I can recall who made the Pro Bowl are John Lynch and Bob Sanders. Both of whom are considered SS. Now according to Lovie the position is suppossed to be interchangeable but the 2 guywho have had the most success in this system recently were both Strong safeties which in most defenses tend to be closer to the line of scrimmage or "in the box" as many analysts point out. The fact that we have a MLB that can drop as deep as some safeties hides the fact that this staff has never really found the star safety they covet.

Not just the safeties, this is a bug with me for all the DB's we forever seem to start a guy at CB for a year then gets replaced the next year & is completely forgotten

Glad to have you aboard!!! It's nice to have some new blood. At times on here it feels like the same old guys with the same old arguments. I don't mean that in a bad way fellas. This is the only board I frequent and I love the fact there is such a core group of dedicated Bear fans.

That being said, I'm not concerned about Major Wright, just his ability to stay healthy.