Any news on Veteran Cuts?

Guest TerraTor

Chester Taylor. Also, Brad Maynard, in case you missed it. Todd Collins . . . I think that's it.

Seriously, we are 20 million under the cap. At that point, you cut guys because they suck, not because we have to.

Taylor gone eh? That's such a shame...needless to say, waste of $7 million. I had great hope for him. But am truly encouraged with Barber in the line up, he is more the "complimentary back" that they need for Forte.

I had heard that Maynard was gone and that McGee kid....Punters. Whatever. Although I liked Maynard too.

Collins??? (see above - not even good enought to be a Punter). Surprised he wasn't gone before now.

So now they have even more money to work with....I still predict another OLman being signed soon. Keep track of the teams that are in dire straights with their Caps and any other cuts upcoming. Remember teams report with 53 players at the start of the season and most are now near the 80-90 man mark now. There will be more cuts coming...and quick. The Bears are in good shape and position.

And who knows, maybe Umeniyora will become "tradeable" again. :bringit

Here are a few of note: (from NFL.com/transactions)

Jeff Willis G - of the Jets

Jason McKie RB - Ravens

Quinton Borders T - Bucs

Ryan McKnight C - Bengals

And a few additions:

Mark Anderson DE - SIGNED by NE Patriots (yes THAT Mark Anderson)

Malcolm Floyd WR - Re-Signed with SD

So far.... <_>

I'm thinking there will be some significant movement this weekend.

Where did you see Taylor being cut? I havent seen that anywhere

I have not heard of CT being cut either, last I saw they were gushing over having CT, MF, & MB in the backfield.

I would not be surprised if K Bell or the kid we picked up from the supplemental draft, can't think of his name, has a good camp and Taylor walks, but for now I think he is still with us.

Where did you see Taylor being cut? I havent seen that anywhere

After we signed Marion Barber, the media speculated Taylor would be gone. He wasn't very good last year and the 3rd running back needs to be a core special teams player. Last year that guy was Garrett Wolfe. It's far from a done deal, but if we kept Taylor, he'd likely be inactive most weeks.

On Unga, the SCORE was saying yesterday he's been mysteriously absent. First he missed the first few days for the birth of his child. That's admirable and all, but he'll be unemployed if he's not careful. He's been absent the last 3 days for an undisclosed family reason.

Taylor hasn't been cut and probably won't be. If anything, Unga will be the one cut, like I said a week or so ago.

Here are a few of note: (from NFL.com/transactions)

Jeff Willis G - of the Jets

Jason McKie RB - Ravens

Quinton Borders T - Bucs

Ryan McKnight C - Bengals

And a few additions:

Mark Anderson DE - SIGNED by NE Patriots (yes THAT Mark Anderson)

Malcolm Floyd WR - Re-Signed with SD

So far.... <_ i thinking there will be some significant movement this weekend.>

The Bears already have a FB. Pass on McKie.

Yes. PFT reported there were like 7 teams that had to get under by dumping players or restructuring contracts. Not sure why none have been reported.

Probably because they all restructured contracts instead of releasing players. What many don't realize is that quite often, releasing players costs more against the cap than keeping them.

Having a baby and all, Unga should know that the NFL opportunity before him is the best way to take care of his family. Missing so much practice when the entire offseason was cut short likely means he's done unless he shows something spectacular in the preseason games.

Probably because they all restructured contracts instead of releasing players. What many don't realize is that quite often, releasing players costs more against the cap than keeping them.

The other reason could be that the deadline to have this done may have been later than some of our postings.

Here is an excerpt from the NFL calendar on NFL.com

July 27: 2011 League Year commences at 2:00 PM ET, provided NFLPA has ratified CBA. Free Agency Signing Period begins. Clubs may sign free agents and other clubs' Unrestricted Free Agents. Clubs may sign Offer Sheets. Trading period begins. All Clubs must be under the Salary Cap. Top 51 rule applies.